Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frost bones

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
I know this may seem very noobish and all but I am currently a lvl 65 death class and struggling to kill off 2 frost bones lol.. and basically I am trying to complete the Wintertusk side tasks to level up enough to finish off my questline of Zafaria. Can anyone provide me some in-game assistance with Wintertusk? Totally up to you, would be grealty appreciated!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The Frost Bones like to use Tower shield, so your best bet to beat them is using Poison with as many blades as possible. Also, you might want to train Stun Block from Diego in Unicorn Way. Stuff your spell deck with poisons, blades and stun blocks, then just keep spamming poison until one Frost Bones is dead.

Keep an eye on your health and use Sacrifice or a Life healing spell like Satyr when you're at the halfway point.

And finally, be sure you're questing in the most populated realm possible. You might find another wizard questing through who would be willing to quest with you.

When you get to boss battles, try using the team-up function for that battle. You may have to wait a little while, but the person who joins you to help might also have the same quest and you can sometimes find good friends that way.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Feb 22, 2018
I got this quest (for some reason) around level 42. Tried to kill two.

It did not go well.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Kapweca on Jan 10, 2018 wrote:
I know this may seem very noobish and all but I am currently a lvl 65 death class and struggling to kill off 2 frost bones lol.. and basically I am trying to complete the Wintertusk side tasks to level up enough to finish off my questline of Zafaria. Can anyone provide me some in-game assistance with Wintertusk? Totally up to you, would be grealty appreciated!
Oh, this is not noobish at all lol. If you manage to kill two of them in under 10 minutes as any class I'd be proud of you. I did WT as a level 72 ice, and these were incredibly pesky and hard to deal with. You may as well just pack extra TCs for things like Meteor Strike.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2015
I fought them around level 52 on my storm when I first entered WT. I barely survived with around 20 health left. I'm putting off WT for now as my storm can't solo the ice mobs. Best thing in my opinion is use those damage enchantments from celestia (not sure if they are sun or star school).

Also like others said, since you are death pack plenty of poisons for tower shields and feints to raise your damage since they have tons of health.

I tend to relam hop around the fullest relams and hope I can catch another wizard battling them to team up with during tought mobs Good Luck in WT!

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
Well, it may be a little bit late, but I as a lvl 52 death wizard managed to defeat 2 of them. I did just like them, spam tower shield on myself when I expected them to hit, death blade, spirit blade, death trap on one of them, amplify, then scarecrow. Then I poisoned one of them, it died, next a dark sprite on the last one standing to get rid of the shield, wraith, and that was it.

The idea is, I don't think you can win with 2400 health unless you have tower shield. You need it.