Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Experiencing weird lag

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
Hi there!

I don't think there's anything that players can do about that. I still have some friends that are like that (on my list). I always thought that if they showed up as a wooden golem, this could've meant a couple of things.

1) They deleted their wizard or 2) They deleted you as a friend or 3)They haven't been active for a while.

I know it's really sad when you think about it, but you need to let go sometimes

Stay Strong
Jack Legend

Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
I have been plying w101 daily for the past month with little connection trouble. That is, until Monday the 8th. Ever since that day, my game has been crashing, with the "Connection lost!" icon appearing. When I try to click "Ok" or "Quit", my game freezes, and I have to use Task Master to shut the game down.

What should I do to prevent this in the future?

Edit: If I am in the commons, my game immediately loses connection. Unfortunately, I was last in the commons. This means that I cannot play without crashing. I cannot leave the commons, or do anything without crashing.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2013
Hi I am writing a report, that for most of the day while playing the game. The servers are keep losing connection, please fix this issue i have been experiencing. Thank you.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2017
Ive been having trouble as well. At first I thought it would just be my laptop, since when I would go to heavily populated areas like the Commons my game would severely slow down. After I would log in and out, however, my game would speed up. Today I cant seem to play at all. I was able to play a little bit, but I would lose connection every time I got on. I actually cant leave the Commons now because I keep losing connection. I tried restarting my computer, and my connection to everything else works fine. In fact, I can stream high quality videos without slowing down or losing connection.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
I had the problem with the lag the last few days ago and this morning seemed to fix itself. But this afternoon now and tonight when I go on game it shows Im disconnecting from server right way. It's weird because leaves me in game but can't do anything but run around the commons. I've tried several times since this afternoon and it's the same thing.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2014
i recently switched from windows to a macbook and i've noticed the game definitely does not run as smoothly as it did on windows. in fact, i would regularly end up staring at the loading screen between zones for several minutes. I've already deleted and reinstalled once and rearranged my router but it's still laggy. I sent an e-mail to the support team 23 days ago and still no reply, which is surprising

Survivor
Nov 28, 2014
Survivor
Feb 01, 2010
This is the only game my kids play that I am willing to pay for. I play it myself, and I feel I've been loyal to it. Between what happened last fall and now, I want everyone at KI to know that I support them, love their product, and will continue to play, but this DDOS thing is starting to get old.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2013
I would recommend emailing KI support regarding this matter with more information rather than "It crashes" I would recommend sending them DxDiag (A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as test DirectX software, including sound and video) This will just let the support team verify if the problem is with your PC.

Explorer
May 20, 2012
for the past few day I've been having trouble logging in. Its got to be the game because my internet is up and working fine. I have heard there is some sort of attack on the site and I wanted to see if the problem is persisting. I have already contacted support.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Survivor
Jul 07, 2013
Dworgyn on Jan 11, 2018 wrote:
We're continuing to experience DDOS attacks, and we're mitigating and countering them as they occur. https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/interruption-in-service-january-2018-8ad6a42560bb4cb20160db9afc1d22dc?page=1
are you still having trouble I couldn't play last night and now I was only able to do one battle cant' do anything nothing is responding and can't even use the quit button hope you get this resolved I love this game it is my way of zoning out of everyday life my way of relaxing thanks

Survivor
Jul 07, 2013
Survivor
Dec 12, 2017
Many reasons why people aren't allowed to login is because Wizard101 has been having some DDOS attacks recently and they have been trying their best to get everything up and running again.

Even I have been having the same exact problem by not being able to login and having trouble too; I get this error of Error 108 saying I could not connect the game. Just like many other people, I been too wondering whoever is doing this needs to stop and is ruining a lot of children's and peoples lives.

I been trying to login for the past 3-4 days and it still seems they KI (Wizard101) is still doing their best for whatever they can.

I'd hate to stop playing this game after so many hours and time I put into my characters. I do hope that everything will be okay again. I also been having on and off connection problems and having lag since this is all happening.

I just hope KI will be able to get everything under control soon... Lets hope they make it work again!

Alia StormBlade Level 88 Storm

Survivor
Dec 12, 2017
I been too having weird lag and connection errors, I keep thinking why that I been having this problem...Is it my connection? Is it my computer? No, then I found out they are having attacks again...

I tried logging into the game as well, but came up with a error of Error 108; saying i couldn't connect to the internet.

I would hate to stop playing this beautiful game and lose everything I have worked on for my characters. I just hope everything is okay again.

I love this game too much to stop playing it.

I hope I will be able to play it again like usual and not have to experience any of this lag and such.

I was trying to train my pet a few hours ago and I kept losing connection over and over again and I hope whoever is doing this to the game of the attacks needs to stop.. I hope everything is fixed soon.

Alia StormBlade Level 88 Storm Wizard

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
There has been a bad lag problem for a few days now but as long as I can play I have been fine. But now I log on and I will be standing alone and then the connection is lost and it kicks me off the game I hope this problem will be fixed soon because I wish to participate in your double gardening experience event for members but I haven't been able to so far.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2014
Dworgyn on Jan 11, 2018 wrote:
We're continuing to experience DDOS attacks, and we're mitigating and countering them as they occur. https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/interruption-in-service-january-2018-8ad6a42560bb4cb20160db9afc1d22dc?page=1
this is not good I cant play the game like this

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
Guys for real this post is not for discussion about the ddos attacks. That is not my problem as mine has been going on for over a week now. I can confirm it is not my internet now as I have used other internets. See op for my problem.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
guys i got booted off in january 8th. dont worry guys, this was just some of the ddos attacks, it must've been pigeon patrol, idk, but its ok guys, KI community is doing the best they can, and we should support then and fight the ddos attacks if it occured today. -

Survivor
Sep 10, 2016
Jack The Legend on Jan 11, 2018 wrote:
Hi there!

I don't think there's anything that players can do about that. I still have some friends that are like that (on my list). I always thought that if they showed up as a wooden golem, this could've meant a couple of things.

1) They deleted their wizard or 2) They deleted you as a friend or 3)They haven't been active for a while.

I know it's really sad when you think about it, but you need to let go sometimes

Stay Strong
Jack Legend
I find this interesting because when the lagging started I had my wizard account suspended for no real reason and now that my membership needs renewing I wont get those days back that I will miss. I mean its not just me but I am speaking for the many who lose out big time due to these continuing errors.

Please fix this ASAP KI you are costing me more than its worth for the past couple months.

ps is P101 up and running?

Survivor
Sep 10, 2016
Richard NightHeart on Jan 11, 2018 wrote:
I would recommend emailing KI support regarding this matter with more information rather than "It crashes" I would recommend sending them DxDiag (A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as test DirectX software, including sound and video) This will just let the support team verify if the problem is with your PC.
Do they answer the emails?

Survivor
Dec 04, 2011
after multiple days of the same problem of lag, it just says on my launcher error 117... so much for double gardening.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
I just bought membership yesterday and started playing again and i cant do anything pretty much. the bad connection chain shows up red every 1 minute and then i port back to the beginning of a zone. currently reinstalling now but this is unfortunate.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2013
djweber2010 on Jan 11, 2018 wrote:
are you still having trouble I couldn't play last night and now I was only able to do one battle cant' do anything nothing is responding and can't even use the quit button hope you get this resolved I love this game it is my way of zoning out of everyday life my way of relaxing thanks
thank you for responding i hope whoever is doing this to you stops ruining this game not only for us older players but for the children who love playing i know i have grandchildren and nephews who love playing good luck on fixing this

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
djweber2010 on Jan 11, 2018 wrote:
mine keeps saying network error. I wonder if we will get any stuff back that we lose during this? I hope we do. I just started a big farm of couch potatoes that i cannot tend to. They will all die, and i will have to start all over.