Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Experiencing weird lag

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
Hello,

I recently submitted a support ticket around 3 - 4 days ago about the weird lag I have been having. I got the automated response that they would review my ticket and respond within 2 days, but they still haven't responded. So, I'll post my issue here, and maybe someone else can help me.

I am on a mid 2014 macbook pro with decent internet and I meet the system requirements. I play with all of my graphics settings down, including bloom active. I have tried switching resolutions, yet that does not help. I experience weird frame drops at random times, and any time the downloading symbol appears in the left hand corner I freeze until it is done. My little brother, who has another mid 2014 macbook pro does not get this weird lag. I have tried reinstalling the game, turning off quest helper, and even turning off sound. Nothing helps it. It is not unbearable most of the time but whenever I enter a new area it lags a lot. Whenever I got to the boss fight of Mount Olympus for the first time, it took around 15 MINUTES to get more than 1 fps, and by then Zeus was dead already.

By the way, I just came back to this game about a week ago. I do not remember getting this weird lag before, so I'm not sure what happened.

Thanks,

Christo UnicornTail, Level 67
Jack LotusHammer, Level 33

Survivor
Feb 28, 2013
I am having the same issues with lag, poor game performance and instability. Today, I have been kicked out of the game at least 6 times in the past 3 hours.

It is NOT my internet. My connection is stable and secure. It is the game.

This is getting ridiculous. There have been problems for weeks, ever since the Halloween updates. That's when it really started.

I hope KI does something SOON!

Regards,
Suzanne

Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
Hi,

I have been experiencing the same problem off and on for weeks. I have done trace routes and everything is fine right up to KingsIsle servers. When I contact support I am told to check with my ISP however every other game and program that relies on the internet is working perfectly.

I have been in a fight with other wizards from ISP areas not any where near me and all of us experience the issue at the same time.

In fact right now at January 8th at 5PM pst I can not connect to their servers at all even though all other pings and trace routes are normal to other servers.

The problem is intermittent. It would be great if they would trouble shoot this and come up with a fix.

Cheers!

Survivor
Dec 04, 2011
I've noticed a few reports of the game losing connection. It's happening to me as well, and just out of curiosity who else is suffering from this? Within 5 minutes of playing the game, I just lose connection. I know this is game related as my internet is perfectly fine and others have reported the same issue as me of extreme lag, disconnection or up to 2 minutes worth of one loading screen before making you quit.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
can you guys help me out please i can not get them game to run

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
the game is down i can not log in and not sure whats going on but get a error of 1007 hope things get fixed and up and runnning

Survivor
Mar 05, 2012
It's Saturday 1/8/18 Got booted off 7 or 8pm. As of 9:20pm seems to be down.
Anybody else having this issue?

Survivor
Jan 07, 2018
so i am trying to redeem a code on the website and i have logged in but while trying to submit a code i have done many by now and think i have put them each correctly but it keeps saying that the code is incorrect. This is a first time thing, because when i purchased my membership today i didn't have this problem.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2016
HI I have been trying to get in to wizard101 and pirate101 for a little while now? Is everything alright kingsisle and is anyone else having this problem?

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
So earlier today, i was doing Omen with some friends, and I immediately lose connection right before we were about to hit, I've been trying to log back into the game and it keeps showing me an error message and literally will not let me back into the game. I don't know whats going to happen to the battle and I don't think i'm gonna get my Gold Skeleton Key back either. Can KI please get on this! The internet's been on and off all day and I think its because of the new pack release.

Thanks, Garrett Flame, 125

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Before my computer gameplay crashed, I was battling the evil Djinn at the end of Mirage. I have been frantically been trying nearly 15 times, yelling and screaming at my computer.

I need assistance quickly, or just credit me with having beat her.

Today of all days your game has been crashing, and I am wondering if you have secretly decided to do a maintenance that I haven't seen.

Timothy Pearlflower, L121 Ice

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
Was in 3rd part of Darkmoor and got disconnected and now cannot log in.........is the game down?

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
I was logged in on pirates a little bit ago and experienced a connection failure. I tried restarting my computer and logging in again, but I can not seem to log into either wizards or pirates. Internet connection is good and I did not see anything posted on either game's facebook pages. I was wondering if anyone else has been having connection problems?

Survivor
Oct 19, 2013
Error 121 Unable to connect to wizard101.
Got kicked out of the game twice tonight and now just cannot log in. Are the servers down? Did not see a notice they would be down today.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
Is there problems with the server being over run again like last month. my connection lagging or can't find game server problems again. Ur it just says its connecting and doesn't. can't log in sometimes. Problems have been since yesterday in the evening.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Our apologies for the interruption in service last night (1/8/2018). We experienced a number of consecutive DDOS attacks in varying strengths and duration last night—all of which are now mostly resolved. We continue to monitor the situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/interruption-in-service-january-2018-8ad6a42560bb4cb20160db9afc1d22dc?page=1

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
Dworgyn on Jan 9, 2018 wrote:
Our apologies for the interruption in service last night (1/8/2018). We experienced a number of consecutive DDOS attacks in varying strengths and duration last night—all of which are now mostly resolved. We continue to monitor the situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/interruption-in-service-january-2018-8ad6a42560bb4cb20160db9afc1d22dc?page=1
Thanks! Although that is great, most of my problems were not disconnects. Sure, I did get one every once in a while (every other day, maybe not even that), but most of the lag I got was fps lag. Not sure why as my brother with same computer can play wizard101 fine. I have tried reinstalling but I'm not sure if I have fully deleted everything. Can anyone help me do this on mac?

Explorer
May 20, 2012
I've had the same problem. I end up being defeated because I can't even choose a spell card because it is so bad.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2010
Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
Not only experiencing weird lag in transition from one area to another but now having probs getting on game. Also getting booted at worst times. This is not my internet it is the game. Thank

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Hey, I've been having a really hard time with lag as well for the past few days. First I was on my pc desktop and my cards wouldn't pop up during a battle. It stayed frozen like that for about ten minutes and then a bunch of rounds happened all at once. It froze again right after that.
I then exited out and restarted, and everything went smooth for a little while. Then it lagged out and my connection was lost (I never have connection issues). This happened repeatedly until I couldn't even play at all. So then I played on my brand new macbook.
Everything was calm until today, where I was in battle and it froze again. When restarting and logging back in, I was still stuck in battle and had to wait like ten minutes for it to finish getting back to real time. I teleported to the oasis
and the connection chains popped up and I was like "Ugh here we go again." so I restarted my computer and tried to log in and it left me on the "entering game" loading screen for 20 minutes. I'm sad. Lag is definitely not on my end

Survivor
May 21, 2011
I just reinstalled the game on my new computer and all of my friends show up as Clockwork Golems and I am unable to do anything except remove, block or report them. Please help, I really wanted to meet my old friends again!

Survivor
Oct 08, 2012
Problems with starting game. I even did uninstall and a clean up on hard drive. Restarted pc. Reinstalled to no avail.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2013
January 10 and the same issue is happening again. Help Wizard101!!

Survivor
Dec 01, 2017
The game is experiencing DDOS attacks. My game has been having a variety of issues in connection with that. It could be related... but I'm not an expert, so don't quote me.