Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Secondary School for Balance?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 08, 2016
Hello everyone. So I just made a new balance wizard and I really like him. I've got a few training points but am unsure how to best utilize them.. I've heard ice to tower shield, Life to satyr, and Death to feint.. Are any of these schools beneficial in the long run though? I know balance already does a bit of everything so I wanted to get some more experienced/professional advice on the matter. :)

Thanks you for your attention and support to the matter!
Best wishes to all
-Andrew Ashwhisper Lvl 5 (currently)

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
That is a good start, I would also advise visiting the witch on Colossus to get your Reshuffle card.

In the 2nd Arc, during the Celestia-Zafaria-Azteca-Avalon-Khrysalis romp; there will be sun, moon and star enhancement cards that also require training points.

Also during the Polaris-Arcanum-Mirage-Empyrea arc, there is a sun/moon/star trainer in Arcanum that sells the best enhancement of Giant (called Epic) that deals some great damage.

In Celestia, Giant, Amplify and a defense card are highly recommended.

In Azteca, you will have the option of getting two balance-style versions of amplify (must be level 84 and do a specific quest). One will enhance damage against Ice-Fire-Storm enemies, and the other against Life-Myth-Death enemies.

Timothy Pearlflower, L120 Ice

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
If you're mainly going to be questing and playing the general game (PVE), go with Death for feint.

In the early stages, because of your universal blades and Hex, you can actually use this second school more effectively than any other school could. At later stages, Balance can struggle to do enough damage and having Feint really helps out a lot.

Balance gets triple shields very early in the game, one set for Spirit schools and one for the Elemental schools. Because of that, I would argue that training Ice for Tower shields is not that important for PVE. If you're going to do Player vs Player (PVP), you will need to go this route but otherwise, it's better to save your training points.

Life up to Satyr is also optional, since Balance has their own in-house heals that they can use to support other players. However, I do recommend training up to Sprite when you have the chance, because there is a transmute Sprite into Midnight Sprite that can be learned in Celestia. It turns a Life healing sprite into a Death damage sprite that leaves a Curse trap on after it hits. This is really useful!

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Balance doesn't need much. Life is kind of a waste, since we get native healing spells. Tower is great for PvP, otherwise don't bother, it isn't needed questing. Feint is a good strong universal buff, so I did death for that.

Some players train other school attacks for use against balance enemies, but those get hard to use efficiently at higher ranks, so I don't recommend that. Save training points for Sun damage buffs and auras. Those are key at higher levels. Really you don't want a "secondary school" but want to get utility spells that help make your own school more effective.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Those are actually good suggestions. I would recommend getting the mastery amulet for the school that you choose as your main secondary.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
Secondary school is unnecessary. Learn tower shield and feint. I would skip satyr, but others will say differently. Save your training points for the astral schools later on in the game.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well I'll try to respond using my own as an example to respond to this.

First, understand that Balance offers that unique play style to capitalize/enhance any school and not just it's own.

Now, I used to use death as a secondary school, (currently still do) like you said, I trained up to feint.

Ice up to Tower

But what I suggest you avoid is Life.

Balance already has great healing spells (Healing Hands & Available Hands) so life is not necessary.

You'll need the basic Sun and Star Spells as well.

But if you get all the training points quest done, you'll still have quite a few still remaining.

Good Luck

Survivor
Oct 08, 2016
Freshta on Jan 8, 2018 wrote:
If you're mainly going to be questing and playing the general game (PVE), go with Death for feint.

In the early stages, because of your universal blades and Hex, you can actually use this second school more effectively than any other school could. At later stages, Balance can struggle to do enough damage and having Feint really helps out a lot.

Balance gets triple shields very early in the game, one set for Spirit schools and one for the Elemental schools. Because of that, I would argue that training Ice for Tower shields is not that important for PVE. If you're going to do Player vs Player (PVP), you will need to go this route but otherwise, it's better to save your training points.

Life up to Satyr is also optional, since Balance has their own in-house heals that they can use to support other players. However, I do recommend training up to Sprite when you have the chance, because there is a transmute Sprite into Midnight Sprite that can be learned in Celestia. It turns a Life healing sprite into a Death damage sprite that leaves a Curse trap on after it hits. This is really useful!

Alia Misthaven
Thanks! This really helps out a lot. :)

Andrew Ashwhisper