Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Menu chat suggestions :)

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I like to help menu chat players, especially with hatching. It's much harder for them to do well without being able to communicate and I love that menu chat phrases have improved so much as the game has developed. It always impresses me how well menu chat players do without even having the benefit of chatting in game, which has helped me in every area of the game. I doubt I'd have got far without chat!

I frequently have trouble with helping menu chat players who want to hatch only to find they don't have sufficient gold available. I'm happy to gift them tc to sell and I spend a lot of time trying to navigate menu chat - do you want to hatch a pet? Would you like some help? Teleport to me. Trade. Trying to communicate not to give me tc and to sell it. Jumping in front of Elik to indicate to sell the TC I gave them etc etc....it's long and the addition of one simple phrase would make it so much easier.

Please, please, please add the phrase "Let me give you some treasure cards to sell".

I love helping menu chat players and this would be a wonderful addition :)

Does anyone else have ideas of phrases they'd like to see so they can assist menu chat players more effectively? Are you a menu chat player and have ideas of things you would like added to make working together easier? :)

Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
Hi there!

That's great of you for doing that and coming up with the thread! Most players shun Menu Chat players

I don't really hatch often but I think some phrases should also be in the Pet Hatching: I need more gold, You need more gold, My hatching slot is full. Stuff like that

Even if there is a phrase in another section like "I need more gold". Even though it is probably in another section, it should be in the Pet Hactching Section too.
Jack Legend

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Jack The Legend on Jan 6, 2018 wrote:
Hi there!

That's great of you for doing that and coming up with the thread! Most players shun Menu Chat players

I don't really hatch often but I think some phrases should also be in the Pet Hatching: I need more gold, You need more gold, My hatching slot is full. Stuff like that

Even if there is a phrase in another section like "I need more gold". Even though it is probably in another section, it should be in the Pet Hactching Section too.
Jack Legend
I agree. If the menu chat sections were a bit more clear and accommodated people helping menu chat players as well as menu chat players simply saying things about themselves it would be much more user friendly and more text/open chat players would be able to help.

It's tricky when you can only say 'I...' instead of 'you...' I have frequently used phrases like 'I need more treasure cards' followed by 'oops, sorry I said the wrong thing' in the hope they will work out I am trying to say 'YOU need more treasure cards' so they'll take them lol

A trade section with useful phrases would be awesome. Also the hatching section would benefit from a few more phrases. Better still...it would be really helpful if the hatchery had a 'hatch checker' where you do not need an available timer to be able to see the stats, pool and how much the hatch will cost. Then at least we could navigate getting them the gold before popping timer reset elixirs :D

Another useful phrase could be 'Would you like me to take you gold farming?' :)

Thanks for responding Jack :)