Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2018 story space-time

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I've tried starting a new storytime thread before with the Mirage update, but Zander was apparently busy. I'm not sure this timing is much better, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Are Gobblers really devolved Alphoi, or is Screaming Byrin just delusional?

I've pieced together that the chain of Myth and Storm is probably being guarded by Nimbari on the island of Neumia, but what's guarding the chain of Life and Death, and where?

If the dwarves don't use magic anymore, how is it they can operate a duel circle? And why does General Ellectryk use shadow spells if he's so paranoid about them?

Developer
Terribly sorry, mate! It's true, I've been extremely busy of late. I wholeheartedly agree that we're past due for a proper Story Time, but until then, I'll take a quick stab at your questions:

-Are gobblers really devolved Alphoi, or is Screaming Byrin just delusional?
To quote my favorite animated crustacean-man, "Can't it be both?"

-...what is guarding the chain of Life and Death, and where?
I have a feeling we're all going to get those answers in the future.

-If the dwarves don't use magic anymore, how is it they can operate a duel circle?
That's the thing about Magic here in the Spiral - just because one doesn't fully comprehend it, doesn't trust it, flat out doesn't believe in it, doesn't mean Magic isn't all around them. In the case of the Dwarves of Athanor, they shunned the USE of Magic after their own mishandling and misuse of Magic as a practice, not from a disbelief of it as a concept. The Dwarves decided to pick and choose how Magic was practiced, and basically just conveniently overlooked the fact that they never stopped using it for basic dueling purposes. This kind of willful close-mindedness is unfortunately extremely common, not just in regards to Magic. But I digress...

-And why does General Ellectryk use shadow spells if he's so paranoid about them?
General Ellectryk was more concerned with the threat of the particular Shadow Creature army that was menacing his city than he was with Shadow Spells, per se.

Great questions, Moe. I hope I was able to clear some things up for you.

Any more questions?

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
Scholar Zander on Jan 4, 2018 wrote:
Terribly sorry, mate! It's true, I've been extremely busy of late. I wholeheartedly agree that we're past due for a proper Story Time, but until then, I'll take a quick stab at your questions:

-If the dwarves don't use magic anymore, how is it they can operate a duel circle?
That's the thing about Magic here in the Spiral - just because one doesn't fully comprehend it, doesn't trust it, flat out doesn't believe in it, doesn't mean Magic isn't all around them. In the case of the Dwarves of Athanor, they shunned the USE of Magic after their own mishandling and misuse of Magic as a practice, not from a disbelief of it as a concept. The Dwarves decided to pick and choose how Magic was practiced, and basically just conveniently overlooked the fact that they never stopped using it for basic dueling purposes. This kind of willful close-mindedness is unfortunately extremely common, not just in regards to Magic. But I digress...

-And why does General Ellectryk use shadow spells if he's so paranoid about them?
General Ellectryk was more concerned with the threat of the particular Shadow Creature army that was menacing his city than he was with Shadow Spells, per se.

Any more questions?
I do agree that we need a new storytime thread soon! These are always fun to do. I guess ill throw in some of my questions if thats ok with you of course.

- In a side quest in Wizard City, Bartleby mentions that there is a "Creator" which as the name suggests created bartleby, raven, etc. Now is there truly such a person known as the "Creator", and if so what is it's power compared to raven and spider, and why hasn't the "Creator" done something to help us since everything was almost destroyed a couple of times?

- We learned in Mirage that the Arcanum was a ship, so im wondering since most ships usually have a captain, is there a Captain steering the Arcanum?

- And lastly in another storytime thread Fitzhume mentioned that if you say the "sleeping" tree's name she will wake up. Why is this so and what is her importance in the Arcanum? Is the powering it or is there something bigger that we don't know about.

Anyways thanks for answering are questions and hopefully soon we can have a "proper" storytime.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Ok, here's what may sound like a dumb question...

What's story time? (aside from the 45 min block in Kindergarten)

I'm a returned player and have no idea what you are talking about.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
Area51Alien on Jan 6, 2018 wrote:
Ok, here's what may sound like a dumb question...

What's story time? (aside from the 45 min block in Kindergarten)

I'm a returned player and have no idea what you are talking about.

Steven Ghoststalker
Basically every once in a while people who work for KI start a "storytime" thread and they answer questions you have about the storyline of the game.

Here are some links of some previous storytime threads.
Storytime 2013

Storytime 2014

Storytime 2016

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Justin Redflame on Jan 8, 2018 wrote:
Basically every once in a while people who work for KI start a "storytime" thread and they answer questions you have about the storyline of the game.

Here are some links of some previous storytime threads.
Storytime 2013

Storytime 2014

Storytime 2016
So basically something that sprang into existence after I started my sabbatical and finished before I came back. Hence why I hadn't heard of it.

After reading those old threads...

YES we need another one.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
So here are some questions.

As a level 87 currently in Azteca, has anything been done about the implied threat encountered after Briskbreeze? (Did I miss it? Is it something I still have to encounter?)

When we first meet Shelbus Gruffhart in Firecat Alley he states that he collects artifacts from all over the Spiral. Will we ever meet up with him again?

I like the fact that P101's Monquistans show up in Azteca. Are there any other P101/W101 crossovers down the road either already in place or planned?

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Do you think Professor Cyrus will stop being a negative nelly?
Does Merle Ambrose like his eggs sunny side up or scrambled?

Will Dworygn ever find love?

...just ignore those three silly questions...I'll ask legit questions instead.

Will any old companions come back to help the Wizard out again at some point in the future? (I would really love to see Dyvim WhiteHart come back. He was the best!)

We learned that our wizards are from Earth, but is that all we will learn of our Wizards? Or is there more backstory waiting to be discovered?

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
A while ago, Tony Gaddis tweeted an alternate version of the Birthday Balloon mounts idle animation, in which the wizard doesn't catch the strings and the balloons float away. One of his comments was something to the effect of "Don't worry, it's the Spiral so they'll just wrap back around." What does that mean?

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Scholar Zander on Jan 4, 2018 wrote:

Any more questions?
Sounds interesting... I would like to ask another question.. How can it be the Arcanum is "Inside and outside" the spiral? And what does it mean?
And why only a couple of wizards could get there in their own magical ways? And what ways?

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
What exactly does Sherlock Bones put in his pipe? If the rules of the message boards mean I need to avoid saying what it better not be, then it really better not be that.

When discussing the operation in Sepidious's ink gland, it's mentioned that squirting ink makes squids move backward. How exactly was that factoid relevant to the plan?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Why is Frankie Fourarms in the Arcanum?
Is the spiral connected to Rise and Destroy Universe?

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
What's that dark square thing on Xibalba? Not in the actual dungeon, the part that's visible from the ground.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2016
1.How big is the spiral?

Because according to Bartleby, it's a magical thread that holds a universe together, yet some say it's just a solar system. Other dialogue in the game implies it's a universe, but there isn't a clear answer. So, is it in fact a universe like Bartleby said?

2. How old is Bartleby? Baba yaga said he's older than the first world

3. Is there only one timeline? Or more

Survivor
Sep 05, 2016
Oh and one more thing

Is it possible that Wizard101 works on Multiverse theory

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Excellent thread!

Many of us wizards are still burning with questions!

About Azteca,

Why, even after saving the world, it's still being hit with meteors?

Shouldn't that have ceased?

And, during our level 98 Pet Quest, speaking to one of the NPC's there, he continues to refer to the world as "Doomed"

Is this an indication for a possible return to the world?

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
How does gravity work on the Mandala Wheel? Is it localized so that "up" is always toward the center, or do you have to keep moving to stay at the bottom?

Who took care of the Aeroplains before the dwarves? Some sort of yellow Nimbari? What happened to them?

Bat had to come up with a plan to keep Athanor from spinning out of control without the Paradox Chain to hold it steady. Won't that be a problem for the other islands?