Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

History Behind The Statue In The Commons Pool?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
Hi there!

The title says it all. Is there any history behind the statue in the commons pool? We always see it but we never really know that it means. Where those the first 2 wizards created? Are they the 2 wizards in main loading screen?

If anyone knows, please educate me Thanks!
Jack Legend

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The statue is a monument to the moment when five million wizards had enrolled at Ravenwood. There's a sign at the base of the statue that says "Thank you" in Latin.

Before that statue, there was another one next to Merle Ambrose's house that celebrated one million wizards. It named Fiona Ashblood as the one millionth and gave out 101 Crowns to players! (Anyone else remember that?)

Here's a post from the Friendly Necromancer that explains a bit more history and has photos.

http://thefriendlynecromancer.blogspot.com/2009/09/whats-new-statue-in-commons.html

And last, if you check Ravenwood News from 16 Sept 2009, you'll see two interesting announcements: the statue in the commons was announced, and the very next day, KI introduced mounts to the Spiral! Ah, what a glorious week that was.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/news/september2009

Happy New Year and happy ten years to Wizard101!

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Well the statue if i'm not mistaken was for one million users and idk about the two wizards and piggle

Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
Whoops spelling issues, but you guys can figure it out...heh

Explorer
Dec 31, 2015
What I think that the Statue was of the 2 first students of raven wood. They Probably were very successful wizards! Id say those wizards were and wizards

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
They should add another statue in the Commons to commemorate the 10 year anniversary.

Explorer
Dec 31, 2015
ConnorP08 on Mar 10, 2018 wrote:
What I think that the Statue was of the 2 first students of raven wood. They Probably were very successful wizards! Id say those wizards were and wizards
I also think they should be a quest about it like in pirate101