Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Interactive Furniture

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
I think that furniture in our castles should be interactive. I've been on this game for nearly seven years, and I would love to be able to sit in my pretty chairs or lay on my comfy beds. It could be like interactive instruments, where chairs and beds are limited to one person at a time. Or couches to two people. Or how about hot tubs or bath tubs? I'd love to actually get in it - of course, still wearing all my gear. I'm a big big big castle decorator, and in my castaway's bungalow I put in a hotel with several rooms with beds and couches and chairs. How cool would it be if my friends could actually use it like a hotel? It would take decorating to a whole new level.

All in all, I think if instruments can be interactive then furniture should be able to, as well. Im sure this isn't the first request, but I *really* would like to see this. So would all my friends and fellow castle decorators. Please, consider it?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Yes, as discussed here:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/furniture-should-be-more-useful--8ad6a42b5fc41a47015fd08b22ec205e?page=1

Would be a welcoming feature to see more furniture being more interactive instead of just being plain.

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
Hey there! According to my friend who has been playing since the beta version of the game, this used to be a feature! Wizards used to be able to sit down after a long day of questing and get a good night's sleep (joking of course, but you could actually use the objects back then). Sadly the users found inappropriate uses for this and so it was pitched out. However, I would love to see this again, with less susceptibility to such inappropriate uses.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
Dakota Sky on Dec 30, 2017 wrote:
Hey there! According to my friend who has been playing since the beta version of the game, this used to be a feature! Wizards used to be able to sit down after a long day of questing and get a good night's sleep (joking of course, but you could actually use the objects back then). Sadly the users found inappropriate uses for this and so it was pitched out. However, I would love to see this again, with less susceptibility to such inappropriate uses.
Really, now? I guess I'm not surprised that they abused the option inappropriately, but people abuse the chat system every day. All it takes is the player to be reported, or for the developers to catch the abuse. Yet, they still allow players to type messages. So, why can't houses be the same? There are tons more players now than there were since the very beginning of the game, so it would be very appealing to bring back the ability and would satisfy a lot of players. I believe players who are respectfully using the interactive options should continue using it, but those who are caught abusing the option can be restricted from it (just like when a player uses bad language they're restricted from talking, a.k.a. muted). I don't see why they haven't attempted at bringing back the ability

Even webkinz found a way to make it player safe and appropriate!