Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Opinion on Gear - For Myth but whichever school re

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
So basically I have a request for opinions, because after looking at fan sites and always seeing the blanket statements in-game of "you should get darkmoor gear" - I would like to know why people think this, or is it really just a blanket statement that follows some of creed of the lemmings? Every site I've looked at, analyzing what the 'best' gear is, points at darkmoor gear as the #1 desirable. I fed mine to my pet recently, because without a doubt, the gear drops from the exalted one-shot dungeons is better. So what is your take on best gear, at least up to level 120, I don't know what Empyrea will bring. Thanks.

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
I play mostly fire and ice, and it seems that the gear from the one-shot duels is much more preferable than the Darkmoor sets for either school. However, which set you go for really just depends on the resources you have at the moment. If you really can't do any one-shot duels due to lack of a team or not having any, then go with Darkmoor. At least that will hold you up until you can obtain the fez and bonemasher robe. I absolutely hate doing long dungeons, so I skipped Darkmoor all together almost.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I agree. Darkmoor is horridly long and difficult to find a team. It's gear is comparable to the Exalted, but which set is absolutely better depends on school to some extent. The Spirit schools tend to get the best results from Exalted gear.

This is the guide I use to help me decide which gear to work for:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?449119-Guide-to-Choosing-Malistaire-Gear-or-Exalted-Challenge-Gear

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Freshta on Dec 30, 2017 wrote:
I agree. Darkmoor is horridly long and difficult to find a team. It's gear is comparable to the Exalted, but which set is absolutely better depends on school to some extent. The Spirit schools tend to get the best results from Exalted gear.

This is the guide I use to help me decide which gear to work for:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?449119-Guide-to-Choosing-Malistaire-Gear-or-Exalted-Challenge-Gear

Alia Misthaven
Spirit Schools? The term is new to me, I assume you mean Life, Death and Myth.

Is there any cannon classification to the schools? I had always assumed that it was based on the four elements with the addition of Mythology and Necromancy (Earth - Life, Fire, Water - Ice, & Air - Storm).

Steven Ghoststalker