Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A request from a long time player.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
Dear Kingsisle,

I've been playing your games since April 24, 2010. I've seen this game develop into an amazing game. But quite recently I've noticed a drastic decline in overall population of your Wizard101 game. I am aware you are not allowed to support new ideas but. I would appreciate if you reviewed these ideas before ignoring them.

1: Make the game harder, please.... the final boss of Mirage and the final boss of Empyrea as of this current moment in time, are the only 2 bosses who cannot be soloed due to their difficulty. I would much prefer this because soloing has become boring and tedious.

2: Update Schedule: I much definitely agree that Quality will always be better than Quantity. But please realize that there is very little for someone to do during the other 8 months besides; fishing, gardening, pets, pvp, pet racing, or making a new character.

3: (The activites from part 2): These activities can be boring when gardening takes extra time due to the long timers, fishing for the different member locations. Pets rely on gardening as well. PvP and pet racing in practice are obsolete and unused and their ranked versions require a membership or crowns. (which is understandable but at the same time can be boring when you can't get a membership or crowns.) And making a new character is a fun idea but then you also come into the issue of being a member or not, or having the areas open or not. With these in mind I have an idea that may assist but will be disliked.

4: (The Idea.): why not open the rest of Wizard city, (all of it), Krokotopia (most of it except for zigzag and the Pagoda tower. and then finally open Wysteria as well to the Free To Play population. Not only will this allow them to reach level 30 for sure. It will allow them to have a fun time learning what the rest of the game has to offer besides the basic Triton Ave. The main reason for this is, the gear is not fun. The story isn't developed to the interesting point, and the overall gear is not fun. With the recent release of the assisting tower and then the quests behind it. People want gear and new things. Not to have what they already have. Now for the loss of profit part, what you would have to do when opening those areas is to refund those who paid with crowns, with that being said they will have a better game experience to play through those worlds until they decide if they want to buy a member or not.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Expanding the free realm is a good idea, but I dont think giving those 3 areas away is a good idea. This has been talked about before, and generally, the opinion has been, give either all of WC free, or just the story line quests of WC free. Make all side areas of WC available once you start paying for it (crowns or membership). I had also came up with an idea to make only ONE non-combat ability as part of that free area; fishing, pet training, OR gardening. This way, you get expanded abilities once you start paying for the game. This way it gives you a taste of what you CAN do, but limits what you're ALLOWED to do. I am totally on board if the decision was to open the whole of WC, the problem becomes what to do for people who bought any area in WC once opened fully for free. People who dont get reimbursed WILL make a stink about it, and rightfully so since they now get for free, something they paid for. All Im suggesting is to start small with the enlargement of the free areas, and have something in place for those people who already bought the areas, if the free expansion DOES happen.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2012
I think they need to expand the free area just to stir some interest. I also feel they need to spend more time in the introduction. I think Head Master Ambrose, or their school teacher, needs to do a guided tour of the Commons, Ravenwood, Shopping District and Old Town, pointing out the other three areas. At Bartleby they could discuss about how to buy other worlds. It would teach how to read the map, what each area is (what the Bazaar is!) and just get them off to a good start. When I first joined many years ago I was clueless of just the basics. I see so many new people trying to figure things out. When they have no chat, it's impossible to explain maps, areas, quests and porting.
Just my thoughts....I just think a lot join, can't figure it out and get bored and give up.....

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I do agree that some battles here and there can be made harder and some easier; specifically boss battles through out the spiral. Making the overall game harder is a bad idea for it will bring KI back to square one with numerous difficulties complaints which is the reason why "Mirage", the "Rat", "Darkmoor" etc... was nerfed. The "Medulla" battle is now facing the same difficulty complaints and may soon be nerf as well. What may be easy for one is hard for the other. The game is for everyone not just the best players.
2. I agree having all of Wizard City free to play on the Storyline but not Krokotopia and Wysteria. Wizard101 in not meant to be a free to play game. Open the rest of Wizard City for free should be more than enough for any new player to decide they want to buy a membership.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Dec 31, 2017 wrote:
I do agree that some battles here and there can be made harder and some easier; specifically boss battles through out the spiral. Making the overall game harder is a bad idea for it will bring KI back to square one with numerous difficulties complaints which is the reason why "Mirage", the "Rat", "Darkmoor" etc... was nerfed. The "Medulla" battle is now facing the same difficulty complaints and may soon be nerf as well. What may be easy for one is hard for the other. The game is for everyone not just the best players.
2. I agree having all of Wizard City free to play on the Storyline but not Krokotopia and Wysteria. Wizard101 in not meant to be a free to play game. Open the rest of Wizard City for free should be more than enough for any new player to decide they want to buy a membership.
Patrick,

To be honest, even if KI was to keep the zone pricing the same; I don't see why the entire first arc could be free to play (WC-DS, along with the first part of Grizzleheim).

With the additional Four Dungeons quests, those and the other 3 Arcs; it would seem to me that it would be a great promotional gimick.

As for the bosses and making it harder to play: everytime a dissatisfied player seeks to have the gameplay harder, people end up leaving. Too many people enjoy soloing the game, and then get agrrevated when they are required to Team Up in the game.

When I first started, I enjoyed battling with other players, because we all threw our blades and protection wards around to each other and were saying thanks for when someone assisted us (which is a dying concept).

Also, there are too many empty buildings in WC, that I am surprised that KI hasn't made them embassies for the other worlds we have explored and advanced through. I am amazed that KI hasn't done this in any of their updates. Part of the charm of the game, is that many players want to be able to play through each world to see what KI did.

The storyline of Polaris, Arcanum, Mirage and Empyrea seems like the entire Spiral is in fear of Grandfather Spider finishing where Morganthe left off.

And in regards to the deck, I would like to see stacking in the decks. I have five decks for various occasions, but if it were not for the additional stats of my Waraxe of Old Times, I would unequip it. I spend part of each battle tossing cards so that I can find my celestial cards to enhance my blades, Satyr and feints.

Timothy Pearlflower, L109 Ice

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
24 hours from your first log in, membership.. after that, goes back to freetoplay

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
This isnt even all of the ideas I've had about the game. We can only post soooo much in the chat boxes.
Rest coming soon.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
I love this game for all it is worth, however changes need to be made for the game to actually continue to be played. I mean if you open most of the 3rd arch. The details get interesting and the game quality gets better. Once you finish Empyrea the game sucks. It needs to be changed to the original way it was designed and If it doesnt then the game will collapse. I am an engineer and I study multiple parts of a system before repairing or building. This has lost every part of will that players want to play for. I would gladly send them my ideas if they'd actually listen to us.

Get more votes so they can possible read all of it please. Share it with your friends. too

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Promethean oxnhors... on Dec 31, 2017 wrote:
Patrick,

To be honest, even if KI was to keep the zone pricing the same; I don't see why the entire first arc could be free to play (WC-DS, along with the first part of Grizzleheim).

With the additional Four Dungeons quests, those and the other 3 Arcs; it would seem to me that it would be a great promotional gimick.

As for the bosses and making it harder to play: everytime a dissatisfied player seeks to have the gameplay harder, people end up leaving. Too many people enjoy soloing the game, and then get agrrevated when they are required to Team Up in the game.

When I first started, I enjoyed battling with other players, because we all threw our blades and protection wards around to each other and were saying thanks for when someone assisted us (which is a dying concept).

Also, there are too many empty buildings in WC, that I am surprised that KI hasn't made them embassies for the other worlds we have explored and advanced through. I am amazed that KI hasn't done this in any of their updates. Part of the charm of the game, is that many players want to be able to play through each world to see what KI did.

The storyline of Polaris, Arcanum, Mirage and Empyrea seems like the entire Spiral is in fear of Grandfather Spider finishing where Morganthe left off.

And in regards to the deck, I would like to see stacking in the decks. I have five decks for various occasions, but if it were not for the additional stats of my Waraxe of Old Times, I would unequip it. I spend part of each battle tossing cards so that I can find my celestial cards to enhance my blades, Satyr and feints.

Timothy Pearlflower, L109 Ice
I didn't say make the entire 1 arc free to play. I mentioned make only Wizard City on the storyline free. You are right, the 1 arc free to play would be way too much. that's a third of the game and KI would loss a lot of money. Not all boss battles could be made a little harder. Only the ones that are unbelievably easy which a lot of them are not for the world the're in. Some boss battles could be made a little easier such as: Medulla, Jabberwock, shadowwock
Jortun in Grizzleheim, Second battle in the first part of Darkmoor, etc... so casual players can enjoy those type of battles. That's why KI is periodically adjusting them to minimize dissatisfied players from leaving the game. Can't satisfy everyone.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Can you explain why the Hive bosses weren't nerfed?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Promethean oxnhors... on Jan 3, 2018 wrote:
Can you explain why the Hive bosses weren't nerfed?
What's wrong with the Hive Bosses and what ones are you talking about? Yes some of them are tough for that world's level. Far as I know those bosses were never an issue to be brought up. I think a couple of bosses were nerfed but I don't remember which ones.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
None of the bosses are really "Hard." Yes, they may be hard for their level tier but the game always has its shortcuts if you look in the right places. For example, Khrysalis is a breeze if you run Tartarus gear because of the damage output and the overall stats. Once you get to 100, then you use the challenge gear and/or malistare gear in combination with whichever one is better for that piece of gear.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
bagonblue on Dec 28, 2017 wrote:
Dear Kingsisle,

I've been playing your games since April 24, 2010. I've seen this game develop into an amazing game. But quite recently I've noticed a drastic decline in overall population of your Wizard101 game. I am aware you are not allowed to support new ideas but. I would appreciate if you reviewed these ideas before ignoring them.

1: Make the game harder, please.... the final boss of Mirage and the final boss of Empyrea as of this current moment in time, are the only 2 bosses who cannot be soloed due to their difficulty. I would much prefer this because soloing has become boring and tedious.

2: Update Schedule: I much definitely agree that Quality will always be better than Quantity. But please realize that there is very little for someone to do during the other 8 months besides; fishing, gardening, pets, pvp, pet racing, or making a new character.

3: (The activites from part 2): These activities can be boring when gardening takes extra time due to the long timers, fishing for the different member locations. Pets rely on gardening as well. PvP and pet racing in practice are obsolete and unused and their ranked versions require a membership or crowns. (which is understandable but at the same time can be boring when you can't get a membership or crowns.) And making a new character is a fun idea but then you also come into the issue of being a member or not, or having the areas open or not. With these in mind I have an idea that may assist but will be disliked.

4: (The Idea.): why not open the rest of Wizard city, (all of it), Krokotopia (most of it except for zigzag and the Pagoda tower. and then finally open Wysteria as well to the Free To Play population. Not only will this allow them to reach level 30 for sure. It will allow them to have a fun time learning what the rest of the game has to offer besides the basic Triton Ave. The main reason for this is, the gear is not fun. The story isn't developed to the interesting point, and the overall gear is not fun. With the recent release of the assisting tower and then the quests behind it. People want gear and new things. Not to have what they already have. Now for the loss of profit part, what you would have to do when opening those areas is to refund those who paid with crowns, with that being said they will have a better game experience to play through those worlds until they decide if they want to buy a member or not.
Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you are paying for four months of the year then struggling to find things to do as a free-to-play wizard the other eight months of the year?

If you're paying for four separate months you're likely paying about $10 per month? That's $40 over the year but you only get 4 months of full access. KI do a deal for $60 for full membership for an entire year. Maybe you would do better to spend a little more and have full access all year?

I know it would be nice for free-to-play wizards to have more access but the idea is to give new players a taster of the game to see if they want to play longer/further and enjoy the full game as a member. No matter how much of the game KI makes free there will always be people urging them to open up more because they have exhausted the fun to be had in those free areas.

Unless I am misunderstanding your play-style (or pay-style) I suspect the solution is to buy a year membership to enjoy the full game all year around...it's only $20 more than you're paying already. I doubt KI will give more than a taster away to free-to-play wizards or there wouldn't be much point in any of us paying membership and they'd soon be unable to afford to support the game at all. None of us want the World Gate closing on us permanently and leaving us here in reality with no Spiral to go to!