Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please help me with gear in dragonspyre

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, this post isn’t entirely about dragonspyre, but it is to an extent. I am currently questing in dragonspyre, and am wondering about gear. I recently purchased crowns and took a look at the gear section of the crown shop. All my gear is from the bazar. The gear wasn’t much better than the bazar stuff, so I didn’t buy it. One thing I noticed though, was the level 80 gear was really good. It was exactly what I wanted. So my question is, should I A. Forget about it. B. Wait until level 80 and buy the gear. C. Another option. If you choose C please tell me the other option. Also, I am looking for ice damage and critical to all or ice in gear. Maybe some resistance. Mainly, gear for damage and critical though. Thanks in advance.

Hunter NightThief

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
First, let me commend you in taking strong interest in your gear. As you know, this is vital for survival against these mobs and for success within your quests.

Now I'll chime in. Understand that good gear will worth some strong efforts in farming for.
So:

Level 40 - 55 - Mount Olympus Gear - Pretty feasible until you level (including the wand given here).

Level 56 - Crafted gear available in Wintertusk (Sudrilund sold by Carax Strongthread.)
Rings and Athames are also available here, but in Vestrilund.
So, I'm sure you can conclude the importance of doing the side world of Grizzleheim and Wintertusk.

Level 60 - Waterworks Gear - Farm the dungeon for your hat and robe. At this point, you can use shoes available from packs such as the Professor Hoard's Pack or the Ghulture's Hoard Pack. - The gear can take you all the way up to level 90.

Level 70 - Optional, but you can return to Aquila to form another boss; Poseidon Earth Shaker (Atlantea).

Level 90 - Hades the Unseen (Tartarus) (again Aquila) offers gear with specialties in critical (what you're looking for).
Again, I will suggest you improve your wands (from the Immortal Lore's Pack, Road Warrior's Pack or the Keeper's Lore Pack - Try to gain the one which gives a boost to ice damage). - This is what you may want to use some of your crowns on. An excellent ring and Athame are also available at this level from Gladiator Dimachaerus.

Level 100 - Things get difficult here. You'll at this point will have to undergo a complete overhaul of your gear as great gear becomes available at this level, one of the areas which you'll find this gear is from the optional dungeon of Darkmoor.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Another option not listed above, since you said you wanted damage and critical, is the House of Scales (level 60 dungeon) and I'll second the option of farming Poseidon in Atlantis at level 70.

The House of Scales gear trades a little bit of resist for more damage and critical, plus pips. My level 70 something Ice has both the House of Scales and also the Waterworks gear. She uses the House of Scale set because it offers higher critical and damage, plus pips and accuracy, and gives a mass ice prism.

Here are some guides to help you compare the gear side by side. The first guide compares Waterworks to Poseidon's level 70 gear. Most people choose Waterworks, but if you're looking for Critical and don't care about resists, Poseidon is a good alternative.

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-gear-guides/aquila-l70-poseidon-gear-vs-waterworks/

In this House of Scales comparison, Ice, unfortunately, does not have a complete listing of all the possible gear. Still, you can get an idea of what the missing pieces will be like by looking at other schools. Balance and Fire, especially, have a complete listing of all the gear drops.

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-gear-guides/wizard101-level-60-gear-guide-house-of-scales-and-lower-zigazag/

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
I went ahead and did some crown spending and got some gear from packs. Im fairly pleased with it, and will make sure to see if the gear you are recommending is better. I completed Wintertusk and have done Mount Olympus in Aquila. Also, how do you progress in Aquila after Mount Olympus, for the gear. Thank you for your informational reply.

Hunter NightThief 53

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if my last post went through, I will be checking this throughout the next day. If it didn't, expect a reply soon. Also, thanks again for the informational post, it has proved to be quite helpful. One more thing, what level are you?

Hunter NightThief 53

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
DestroyYou321 on Dec 29, 2017 wrote:
I don't know if my last post went through, I will be checking this throughout the next day. If it didn't, expect a reply soon. Also, thanks again for the informational post, it has proved to be quite helpful. One more thing, what level are you?

Hunter NightThief 53
With the boards being fully moderated, it may take some time for your posts to show up throughout the day.

You're most welcome for the help as that's what we're here for. To offer advice and encouragement to our fellow young wizards :D

My is at level 121.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for all the help, when I get to level 60 I know what gear and where I want it. Thanks again, and also, what do you do in Aquila after mount Olympus?

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
So, I went ahead and got gear with crowns. My items that are not crown are my ring and athame. At what level does the regular recommended gear become better than the gear I have now with crowns. Also, should I see if mount Olympus has good rings/athames. Thanks and please reply.

Hunter NightThief 53

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
For Aquila: After Mt Olympus at level 30, the next dungeon will be Atlantis, level 70; then Tartarus at level 90. Cyrus Drake in the Myth school will call for you when you are at the right level and send you back to Aquila.

To answer one of your earlier questions, my Ice is Fiona Frostweaver and she is at level 73. (I also have a Balance at level 122, a Fire at level 121, a Storm at level 100, and a Life and Death who are both at level 81.)

For ring, athame and amulet, you have a few choices.

Crafted Wintertusk (level 56) ring and amulet, are probably the best combination of stats available outside of a dungeon and somewhat easy to get if you've done your crafting tasks up through Celestia. This set can work well up through level 90.

Tower of the Helephant (level 60 dungeon in Wysteria) has an excellent ring and athame, probably the very best in the game for levels 60-90. There's also a chance of getting mastery amulets in here. But it's a rough dungeon and they don't drop very often.

House of Scales has skeleton key rooms (Stone, I think?) and there are some great rings, athames and an amulet available there.

Whatever you get, at level 90 you will want to replace them with the Blade of the Felled Titan athame, and Alpha & Omega ring. Both are available from hidden bosses in Aquila; Cronus is hidden inside Tartarus and the Gladiator is hidden inside Mt. Olympus.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the great information, It is very helpful

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone has any other opinions, feel free to post them

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
I have been dabbling in money spending on wizard101. I'm curious, you know when you go to buy crowns there are those four bundles you can get. I'm wondering which is the best. Gear is definitely a defining factor, so if a bundle has some nice gear, that's good. I'm not only looking for gear, which is why I like the witch hunters bundle. If anyone has any other opinions, please post them. Remember, for my gear, I'm looking for a nice critical/damage, which I feel the witch hunter budge sufficiently provides. One last thing, Star Edward, on your ice account, do you have a wooly mammoth pet.
Hunter HighThief 54

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
Survivor
Feb 22, 2018
What answer are you looking for in this thread? Some pretty detailed and reasoned responses.