Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2018 10th Anniversary Ideas

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
As 2017 winds down and 2018 prepares to arrive, we all realize that this means the impending arrival of W101's 10th anniversary. Ten Years! A Whole Decade of Wizarding!

What awesome things could KI do to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the greatest MMORPG?

My ideas:

I'd love to see the celebration last the whole year instead of just August. Start off small in Jan-Mar, ramp up a bit Apr - Jun, Full on CELEBRATION Jul- Aug and continue the celebration on with all new seasonal activities Sep-Dec

There are "exalted" duels available for low level bosses, I'd love to have a revisit to some earlier worlds with new areas and quests. P101 has established that the lone "islands" we see in W101 are not the entirety of the "world" There are definitely broken places in Wizard City that indicate a far more vast place than we've seen.

I'd love to see Shelbus Gruffheart from Firecat Alley collecting artifacts on more worlds.

I'd love to see some P101 crossover. The Professor has brought wizards to Skull Island, who wouldn't want to visit Cool Ranch?

I'd love for Amber to be a bit more obtainable.

I'd love to see Loremaster drop spells for the School my wizard actually is.

Just a few thoughts on what I'd like to see from the tenth anniversary.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Area51Alien on Dec 20, 2017 wrote:
As 2017 winds down and 2018 prepares to arrive, we all realize that this means the impending arrival of W101's 10th anniversary. Ten Years! A Whole Decade of Wizarding!

What awesome things could KI do to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the greatest MMORPG?

My ideas:

I'd love to see the celebration last the whole year instead of just August. Start off small in Jan-Mar, ramp up a bit Apr - Jun, Full on CELEBRATION Jul- Aug and continue the celebration on with all new seasonal activities Sep-Dec

There are "exalted" duels available for low level bosses, I'd love to have a revisit to some earlier worlds with new areas and quests. P101 has established that the lone "islands" we see in W101 are not the entirety of the "world" There are definitely broken places in Wizard City that indicate a far more vast place than we've seen.

I'd love to see Shelbus Gruffheart from Firecat Alley collecting artifacts on more worlds.

I'd love to see some P101 crossover. The Professor has brought wizards to Skull Island, who wouldn't want to visit Cool Ranch?

Steven Ghoststalker
Those are all very good ideas, but maybe a year's worth of celebration may be a bit much? How about a permanent mount for all wizards with membership before the Birthday celebrations begin?
As I recall, KI does give free mounts for special occasions and what could be more special than 10 years of this game?
Maybe also a free one-of-a-kind pet for everyone, Member and non-member alike?
Or a special pack to be retired after the celebration with a good enough drop rate for the "good stuff"?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
anecorbie on Dec 22, 2017 wrote:
Those are all very good ideas, but maybe a year's worth of celebration may be a bit much? How about a permanent mount for all wizards with membership before the Birthday celebrations begin?
As I recall, KI does give free mounts for special occasions and what could be more special than 10 years of this game?
Maybe also a free one-of-a-kind pet for everyone, Member and non-member alike?
Or a special pack to be retired after the celebration with a good enough drop rate for the "good stuff"?
Celebrating all year long being too much? Possibly. But with it being the 10th adversary the celebration definitely needs to be longer than the month of August.

I guess I was envisioning small little things at the beginning of the year, say like a logo change (the way movie studios acknowledge their anniversaries). Or little quests that involve "10" somehow, a small quest here and there just enough to get the wizards thinking about "10"

Like maybe 10 wizards got lost in the spiral and we have to go find them, a Zeke quest if you will. More extensive "10" related quests, items, giveaways occur leading up to the actual anniversary with BIG celebration being Aug-Dec with a HUGE Spiral-wide quest to celebrate the actual anniversary. The Professor gets involved

I guess the best analogy is this Jan-Mar gives a whiff of the wonderful things coming from the kitchen. Sprinkles of "10" begin to be seen.

Apr-July an appetizer something to whet our appetites without filling us up. A new small quest, "10" related outfits or mounts. The "10" references begin to pile up.

Aug-Sep MAIN COURSE the full on celebration; "10" quests covering the whole spiral, secrets revealed, new dungeons, all things Anniversary related.

Oct-Dec Desert... New Holiday quests that coincide with the anniversary

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Area51Alien on Dec 20, 2017 wrote:

My ideas:

Steven Ghoststalker
no need to change the drop rate of amber, change the crafting recipe. Make it so you can craft amber from like 20 amber dust instead of sunstone, merle's whisker, etc etc

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
For the 10th Birthday celebration, I think all off of Wizard City can be temporary free to play to encourage new players to join the game and buy a membership. 2. put all dungeon gauntlets in the crown shop. 3. have Membership gift cards sale; again, to encourage new players to join the game.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Yes! A special permanent mount/item for the 10th Anniversary would be a great one!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
dayerider on Dec 22, 2017 wrote:
no need to change the drop rate of amber, change the crafting recipe. Make it so you can craft amber from like 20 amber dust instead of sunstone, merle's whisker, etc etc
That would be a VERY good way to start the 10th anniversary.

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Area51Alien on Dec 23, 2017 wrote:
That would be a VERY good way to start the 10th anniversary.

Steven Ghoststalker
Ive been pushing for this change for a while now, because the crafting recipe is insane as it stands right now

Survivor
Nov 23, 2015
I definitely like the permanent mount idea! Maybe they could also do a thing where they give us free crowns? like what they did for christmas. We get a code and they give us a certain amount of crowns ranging from 1000-60k. (1000 instead of 500 because, hello, this is the 10th anniversary we're talking about!).

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Adding this idea from Promethean Oxnhorse, simply because it is too good to not consider.

Adding the ability to upgrade minions. Either by making minions equipable and trainable (similar to pets) or making them an integral part of a their own training quests similar to P101.

Or by making unique minion TC.

Steven Ghoststalker.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Adding this quote from Professor Falmea's December letter...

Long before even the first leaf began turning color, we were hard at work planning for next year, and let me tell you, it’s going to be beyond epic. We’ll be turning ten years old and celebrating all year long. Everything old will be new again. Our list of plans is long and ambitious and we can’t wait to share it all with you. But for now, we’ll take a brief respite in the VIP section of the Leisure Dome in Zanadu and let Alyvia the Muse crank up the music while we celebrate the close of a crazy fun 2017. Have a warm, happy, and safe holiday, and we’ll greet 2018 together!

See you in the Spiral,

Leah "Professor Falmea" Ruben
Senior Producer of MMO Content

So, "Everything old is NEW again"

What do you think KI has in store for us?

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Adding some ideas from another thread; from Kayla Ice X

A seventh character slot would be nice.

But I feel for 10 years if they were going to go ahead and do something like that then they could also revamp the entire menu :)

This would include:

- A new character selection screen. (For more slots in the future)
- New loading screens. (Don't have to be perfect like Empreya, but any old work)
- New animations to spells. (This could include speeding up some spells like they did with lulu. e.g. RA as well, or just changing how they look in general.)
- New faces and hair styles for starting a Wizard. (Not the crown shop ones.) (Would also work perfectly for the barber shop if it does come out )
- Making EVERY bundle available for purchase online permanently. (Mainly just my idea. As I am from the UK so we don't have a gamestop here or other types of stores which sell them.)
- Making the game much more widely known. e.g. (Porting it over to Steam. As many people want including me)

Just some basic ideas. Which have probably be covered loads of times before.
But I feel it would help improve the game lots

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009

Biggest idea for me is a "classic" version of the game to be released (basically the original version from 2008) just as a huge sense of nostalgia. That in itself would be really huge for the games ten year anniversary and would bring old and new players together again.

These links describe this in more detail: (Links were removed as they are against the Rules. ~Dworgyn)

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Adding to the list of your amazing ideas guys , I would also be happy if they could maybe consider letting us change the name of our wizards in the future, like a Name Change Potion for Crowns, which I would so gladly buy. It would also possibly be a good idea for business reasons. My Death and Storm have very unusual names which often garners a lot of attention and weird/rude comments from other players lol. It actually gets quite frustrating from time to time. I'm just hoping for that day when I can finally change it to something more common and considered less "unusual" to attract less attention.

But I reckon there should be some limitations for this, because those who may have so badly misbehaved in the past could use this opportunity to possibly take on another identity. So we should only be given the ability to change the names of three wizards maximum and possibly a record of our previous names should be applied once we buy the potion, in order to keep track of the troublemakers.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I doubt it'll happen, but perhaps they could add a cutscene gallery for re watching certain cutscenes (you know, when KI started animating them). That and an option to annoy NPCs if you keep repeating click on them for no reason what so ever. These are more general ideas I guess...

Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
Seventh Wizard Chair.

Pet jewel slot at ultra.
Rewards those who put in the time making pet ultra.
Extra pet races option (hidden attribute to all but owner)
Helps failed pets get that desired pet attribute.

TC charming Spell.
Allows next "non" school spell to use power pips.
Good for that desperate one off spell without using an amulet.

Make square jewels useful again.
I suspect the original intent of square jewels was different then they work today.
I think K I looked at P.V.P and changed the way they worked.
If they added to the wizards hit before the blade multipliers, or subtracted after the resistance
it would make them useful and not that game changing. (adding or subtract 50).

Fun suggestions.
Critical (40% block or 20% damp) bubbles. For those annoying cheating bosses?.
Remove all negative charms (2 pips).

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Adding this gem:

efratc5880 on Jan 30, 2018 wrote:
Hello!
I have a suggestion if you could consider, for your 10th birthday!
My suggestion is to have a certain time (like a few days) around your birthday where the drop rate on many selected drops increases to its starting drop rate, or at least quite high!
I would really LOVE to see this happen for the fishing chests in zafaria (I haven't managed to get my fog staff yet I: ), to loremaster dropped spells, to darkmoor maybe and other such dungeons with good gear. Maybe people could suggest more drops to increase the drop rate, I can't think of anything else right now... maybe increase drop rate of certain plant drops?

Explorer
Jan 05, 2013
Area51Alien on Dec 29, 2017 wrote:
Adding this idea from Promethean Oxnhorse, simply because it is too good to not consider.

Adding the ability to upgrade minions. Either by making minions equipable and trainable (similar to pets) or making them an integral part of a their own training quests similar to P101.

Or by making unique minion TC.

Steven Ghoststalker.
I like upgrading minions but like adding companions more.

How about upgrading spells? One thing I don't like about W101 is that the spells that I used early on in the game are basically useless now. I never use low level spells because I have to stuff my deck with sun spells like sharpen blade and gargantuan or now monstrology spells.

How about the ability to use training points to permanently upgrade your old spells? Classic rpgs games had spell progressions (cure/cura/curaga) where the original was the basic spell, the 2nd tier was upgraded, then the 3rd level was an "all" spell that affected everyone.

Level 1 - original spell
Level 2 - +25%
Level 3 - + another 25%

I got a spell like Cyclops way back 70 levels ago. Shouldn't my mastery of that spell increase as my level increases? Voluntarily using training points to make a spell like that 50% more powerful should be something I can do as an experienced wizard.

I love all the new spells, but battles now are grindy because all I ever do is blade, sharpen blade, balance blade, trap, potent trap, then cast a gargatuan spell and hope it doesn't fizzle. For the sake of quicker gameplay why couldn't I just have more powerful spells that use less pips?

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I love a lot of these ideas and my sister and I were just talking yesterday about one that would be perfect for the ten year celebrations.

We want to see the KI team sit around and tell their stories of where they got their crazy ideas and how they started and what they morphed through before thet got into the final game. Did the npcs always look as they do now? What's the behind the scenes story behind the various worlds? Were there things they wanted to do but were just too epic? What are their personal dream projects, they dont have the power to put in and they are at the mercy of evolving tech or another team? (Like when we ask for something and it's out of our hands--what do they pray to the Spiral Gods for?) What are their areas of focus and is there something else they'd like to try? Just anything that comes to mind, like when families sit down and go over baby books and picture albums.

Some installments could be big round table-pizza party chat fests and others could be video diarys and others could be video tours of the facility and show us their work space and tell stories.

There could be one long one per month set in the Ravenwood News. I think the nostalgia and laughter as the creators and other staff remember the stages of creating the only video game I play would be fun.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Antonio Shadowbrea... on Jan 30, 2018 wrote:
I like upgrading minions but like adding companions more.

How about upgrading spells? One thing I don't like about W101 is that the spells that I used early on in the game are basically useless now. I never use low level spells because I have to stuff my deck with sun spells like sharpen blade and gargantuan or now monstrology spells.

How about the ability to use training points to permanently upgrade your old spells? Classic rpgs games had spell progressions (cure/cura/curaga) where the original was the basic spell, the 2nd tier was upgraded, then the 3rd level was an "all" spell that affected everyone.

Level 1 - original spell
Level 2 - +25%
Level 3 - + another 25%

I got a spell like Cyclops way back 70 levels ago. Shouldn't my mastery of that spell increase as my level increases? Voluntarily using training points to make a spell like that 50% more powerful should be something I can do as an experienced wizard.

I love all the new spells, but battles now are grindy because all I ever do is blade, sharpen blade, balance blade, trap, potent trap, then cast a gargatuan spell and hope it doesn't fizzle. For the sake of quicker gameplay why couldn't I just have more powerful spells that use less pips?
Yeah, I wouldn't mind being able to cast Super Leprechaun for 4 pips.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
May 29, 2014
Hi! Great thread! :)
I have another idea that actually my bf suggested:
Could Ki please PLEASE make stitching for gold?
for us players who don't buy crowns hardly ever, just membership, wasting the little crowns we have on stitching is just not fair I: why is something that is so simple yet so needed like stitching your bad looking gear into something nice should cost someone 100 crowns? why should it cost crowns at all? make it 5000 gold, heck make an option for 10,000 gold, you can keep the option for 100 crowns for the people who don't wanna waste their gold, but I will use the gold option for sure.
On other games I've seen, stitching is usually for game gold or nothing at all. Not saying we should always compare ourselves to other games but come on, people wanna change their looks, gets a little boring sometimes otherwise.
Please consider this KI!

Explorer
Jan 05, 2013
Area51Alien on Jan 31, 2018 wrote:
Yeah, I wouldn't mind being able to cast Super Leprechaun for 4 pips.

Steven Ghoststalker
Exactly. Would make your deck more fun too instead of having 70 cards with 90% of them being blades, traps and sun spells. I want my spell deck to have the spells that I've had to quest to gain, not the other stuff that I HAVE to keep in there to keep from getting overpowered every time I meet an enemy.

I stopped playing for over a year because it quite simply stopped being fun. Instead of seeing the funny spells and animations KI worked so hard on, I was spending hours at a time blading and trapping or being stunned or grinding out the same battles over and over. I'm in Azteca at the moment and just got done with two quests to defeat 6 fierce quetzals. My next quest? Defeat fierce quetzal and get 6 eggs, which means I'll probably have to fight 30 more of them. Unless I'm farming for gear I shouldn't be forced to grind out the same battle so many times to advance the regular game storyline.

Survivor
May 29, 2014
Another idea, for fishing!
Maybe we could get a reveal chest spell? for fishing? would be very very useful

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
Maybe we could get a pet that's a birthday cake with candles on it saying "10", or maybe a massive sale in the crowns shop, like everything is 25% off, slowly increasing as the month progresses, eventually ending back at 100%. or a third idea may be to give every player a spell specific to their school with it's power dependant on it's level (starts with 70 power at level 1-10 ending with 900 power at level 120?)

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
Honestly I would love to see a pack with instrument wands. I know we currently have instrument wands but more like saxophone and trombone etc. and what about a mount that is a piano mount and you play while you ride. I know I would pay money for it.