Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2018 10th Anniversary Ideas

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Adding this idea from Coron003...

Now that we are close to reach level 130, we should get to choose our secondary school, without the need of a mastery amulet. We graduated Ravenwood, so it just make sense to continue our studies with one of the teachers in the Arcanum. This would add more diversity to our decks, and more possible combos in both PVE and PVP. Loremaster shouldn't be the only creature in the Spiral to use all kinds of spells!

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
I would like to see the pets and mounts that have been discontinued since the beginning to be brought back. I missed several of the pets and a couple of mounts I would love to have. I particularly want the storm beetle, and the charity mount the falala lama. I was in the hospital when that mount came out and its the only one I missed of the charity mounts. We don't seem to do that anymore which is disappointing.

The increase in items drop rate would also be great for hard to obtain items, such as malistar's gear, shadow pip gems, etc...

I have been playing a long time and have gotten about 6 of my friends hooked on wizards lol. I look forward to another 10 years. Loved the new world and its Star Trek references.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
Area51Alien on Dec 22, 2017 wrote:
Celebrating all year long being too much? Possibly. But with it being the 10th adversary the celebration definitely needs to be longer than the month of August.

I guess I was envisioning small little things at the beginning of the year, say like a logo change (the way movie studios acknowledge their anniversaries). Or little quests that involve "10" somehow, a small quest here and there just enough to get the wizards thinking about "10"

Like maybe 10 wizards got lost in the spiral and we have to go find them, a Zeke quest if you will. More extensive "10" related quests, items, giveaways occur leading up to the actual anniversary with BIG celebration being Aug-Dec with a HUGE Spiral-wide quest to celebrate the actual anniversary. The Professor gets involved

I guess the best analogy is this Jan-Mar gives a whiff of the wonderful things coming from the kitchen. Sprinkles of "10" begin to be seen.

Apr-July an appetizer something to whet our appetites without filling us up. A new small quest, "10" related outfits or mounts. The "10" references begin to pile up.

Aug-Sep MAIN COURSE the full on celebration; "10" quests covering the whole spiral, secrets revealed, new dungeons, all things Anniversary related.

Oct-Dec Desert... New Holiday quests that coincide with the anniversary

Steven Ghoststalker
I really like this one. It would be a lot of fun to play.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
anecorbie on Dec 22, 2017 wrote:
Those are all very good ideas, but maybe a year's worth of celebration may be a bit much? How about a permanent mount for all wizards with membership before the Birthday celebrations begin?
As I recall, KI does give free mounts for special occasions and what could be more special than 10 years of this game?
Maybe also a free one-of-a-kind pet for everyone, Member and non-member alike?
Or a special pack to be retired after the celebration with a good enough drop rate for the "good stuff"?
I really like this one.
The gear in the packs could be really worth wearing if the stats at level 125+ rivaled Darkmore at least.
They could add extra goodies like rings, daggers, and decks, too.

The packs could have:

New versions of the hairstyles that are dyeable AND take hats over them. And at level 125+ the hat stats add in as an extra gear piece. So hat + hair. Yes, that means if you invest in stitching hair and hats you get to wear 2 hats and get the stats for both. Or if you just wear not stitched hair you can still use your favorite hats.

New spell cards that are damage or heal leveled to be useful at level 125-150 but are of Wizard City people & spells.

MINIONS:
Rank 1 - Ambrose
Rank 2 - Each of the Teachers
Rank 3 - Except for Gamma, they are students we met, who've become as powerful as we, or more so. It would be great if they had randomized speeches too, in battle.
  • Life --Ceren Nightchant
  • Death -- Marla Stinger
  • Myth -- Nolan Stormgate
  • Balance -- Gama???
  • Storm -- Suzie Griffonbane
  • Ice -- Mindy Pixycrown
  • Fire--Anna Flamewright
SPELLS: "Enraged" only means hit really hard and hit's all. Not that they look deranged. I'm thinking 4 pips since they were 1 but now hit up to 4 targets.
Life -- Mass Enraged Imp
Myth-- Mass Enraged Blood Bat
Death-- Mass Enraged Dark Sprite
Balance--Mass Enraged Scarab
Fire -- Mass Enraged Firecat
Storm --Mass Enraged Thunder Snake
Ice-- Mass Enraged Frost Beetle

and a MONDO Fairy Heal for self, except for Life characters. It could be like a Fairy Team where 5 Fairies swarm you at once.

And
New "blank" for stitching, versions of the Wizard City outfits could appear in the Crown Shop -- for Gold, because they are blanks.
- the same styles from our first run through Wizard City -- but each embossed with golden patterns of Wizard City and fun. The sun face and stars, Barleby, The Unicorn Statue and such.. just pretty stuff reminding of Wizard City and/or festivities, balloons, fireworks, confetti, sparkles...

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Adding this idea from Helenie Nightseer:

I wish I could pay a Crown Fee and update my favorite gear as I level. Same type of stats, same balance, just greater power for the higher level - whatever would be a natural progression. And adding new level appropriate things - like Shadow Pips after level 100 etc.

It couldn't apply to gear in packs, as it would cut down demand for buying the packs. But it could be applied to craft gear, drop gear that isn't in any pack or gauntlet and regular "free" drop gear, some of which is great - at level. It could also be applied to all gear that has been retired and people can't buy in a pack anyway.

Could be a Jewel that went to each gear piece - hat, robe, boot, deck, wand, necklace, atheme, ring, pet - that magnified the stat some percentage every level up. But it could be coded so that when you reached a certain percentage point Shadow Pips were added too, and a card became 2 cards and ...whatever. The update was triggered by hitting a certain % point.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
For 10th anniversary, add the following to reveal all 10 of a pets abilities.

For example, you would first need to bring a pet to ultra level. Then, for each additional 1000 points of pet training beyond ultra, one additional pet ability is shown - but is grayed out. That means the pet training lets you See the ability on the pet, but you cannot utilize it. You would expend a total of 5000 training points to see all 5 of the remaining pet abilities. Now at this point, your pet has 5 abilities it can use plus the socketed jewel. Once all 10 abilities are revealed, here comes the fun part. You get a chance to then permanently pick which 5 of the 10 revealed abilities you want to keep on that pet. So you get a one time chance to get a do-over to pick 5 of the 10 abilities of your pet.

That would satisfy a lot of people who either want to see all the abilities on a pet, or have more control over picking the abilities of a pet.

The suggestion above is not easy, but I think it is fair. Sure you would have to spend more time training your pet, but if you were pretty sure that your pet had a good pedigree, this would give you a chance to maximize its potential.

It's also fair to KingsIsle as I am sure a lot of people would have incentive to buy a lot more energy potions to use in pet training. And then maybe to make it a little fair to people who dont have a lot of crowns to purchase said potions - make it so your energy potion refills to full everyday at midnight, or noon, or whatever instead of having to wait so long for it to reach its max capacity. Right now as a member, it seems that we get 7 points of energy per hour. For a 24 hour day, that only adds up to 168 points. I know a number of people who have energy in the 200+ point range at higher levels. This would give them an added boost in their energy.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
CUTEHORSEY on Feb 22, 2018 wrote:

For example, you would first need to bring a pet to ultra level. Then, for each additional 1000 points of pet training beyond ultra, one additional pet ability is shown - but is grayed out. That means the pet training lets you See the ability on the pet, but you cannot utilize it. You would expend a total of 5000 training points to see all 5 of the remaining pet abilities. Now at this point, your pet has 5 abilities it can use plus the socketed jewel. Once all 10 abilities are revealed, here comes the fun part. You get a chance to then permanently pick which 5 of the 10 revealed abilities you want to keep on that pet. So you get a one time chance to get a do-over to pick 5 of the 10 abilities of your pet.

That would satisfy a lot of people who either want to see all the abilities on a pet, or have more control over picking the abilities of a pet.

The suggestion above is not easy, but I think it is fair. Sure you would have to spend more time training your pet, but if you were pretty sure that your pet had a good pedigree, this would give you a chance to maximize its potential.

It's also fair to KingsIsle as I am sure a lot of people would have incentive to buy a lot more energy potions to use in pet training. And then maybe to make it a little fair to people who dont have a lot of crowns to purchase said potions - make it so your energy potion refills to full everyday at midnight, or noon, or whatever instead of having to wait so long for it to reach its max capacity. Right now as a member, it seems that we get 7 points of energy per hour. For a 24 hour day, that only adds up to 168 points. I know a number of people who have energy in the 200+ point range at higher levels. This would give them an added boost in their energy.
If I understood the above idea correctly:

We'd be training our pets as normal to Ultra.

Then one of the un-manifested talents would show (grayed out) per 1000 more trained xp?

After revealing all 5 of the un-manifested talents we can choose which of all 10 to activate?

This system would make me deeply sad - for all the time and effort (I HATE pet training.) But it would work for people like me, who use the PrintScreen function on my computer in the Hatchery and name and track each photo so I know very nearly exactly what is on a given eggs card. If I KNEW the talents I wanted were on the card BEFORE I started this process (and I almost always do,) it would be worth itto be able to fix the hundreds of pets that have been near missess - but ultimately were "failed pets."

HOWEVER, I would much prefer it if KI did the math on THIS idea and then instead -- implemented my X-Ray Machine Idea (detailed in a couple other threads) --but set the price points so THAT process cost the same as THIS process. Gaining them the money WHILE saving me the time and effort.

here are links to the details about the X-Ray Machine

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
I would like to be able to compare talents and stats, even if i don't have a timer ready to hatch.
This would let me see if the new pet has the talents I want and the stats are high enough.
Like when you enter into a hatch and you don't have enough gold. It could also say you don't have
a timer ready. Or you still have to wait X amount of time to hatch.
It would be easier than doing all the print screens, making notes, going from one pet screen to another or
even taking pictures of the hatches.
Thank you KI, Love this game!

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
As a 2018 wish, I would like to be able to transfer gear between family member accounts. I have three accounts.
When I farm on my fire and get gear for my ice (that is on the other account) it is frustrating. Or when I buy packs and get gear and mounts I would like on the other account.
I can transfer crowns between accounts, that is great. Why not gear, mounts or pets.
The items you want transferred from one account to another can be put in an Account Sharing Vault (that we can buy with crowns or craft) and transferred the same way crowns are.
I think it would be great
Pleaaaaasssseeeee

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Helenie said:

"New versions of the hairstyles that are dyeable AND take hats over them."

Yesssssssssssssssssss.

I want the option to wear a hat or not wear a hat, also.

If I hate the hair on my wizard then I use a wig on it, and stitch gear to the wig. But I'd love to be able to change the hair and add a hat or not add a hat, and still have gear points in whatever it was.

Hmmm maybe even stats in the wig, stats in the hat...I dunno. Asking for too much??

I'm not always fond of the hats on offer. Sometimes my wizard wants to go without but not have to wear wigs either. It can be cumbersome trying to stitch things to wigs and then wear different wigs by season or holiday or whatever. Sometimes one piece of gear will go best with this one, another wig with that robe and boots, etc.
Be nice to add and remove stats easier without having to stitch and unstitch either...Maybe instead of all the storage and banks and backpack with 100s of gear, maybe choose from a menu of all the current stats we have and add it to whatever we are currently wearing?

Really hoping for a beauty shop or barber shop though so wizards can change all about their appearance. Maybe a legal court where they can change their names but I dunno. That could be used for griefing.
Also a LOT of new pet names, even maybe replace all current names in the list.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Helenie I apologize for echoing part of your post. I hadn't read more than the part I quoted when I wrote my reply.

Didn't mean to be a copycatter.

Anyway, the way you wrote yours made me think of something else.
Customizable hairstyles.
In addition to always being dyeable how about hairstyles in pieces? We all kind of look the same after a while...

How about hairstyle parts we can assemble and stick on? Separate bangs, ponytail, braids, buns, longer length, etc., all costing separately and all separately dyeable, meaning people could have rainbow hair if they wanted or use their school colors etc.

Could have a hairdo with a bun and braids and bangs all on different parts of the person's head. Could have a long bang but a shaved flat top hairdo. So many potential combinations.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Area51Alien said:

"A seventh character slot would be nice.

But I feel for 10 years if they were going to go ahead and do something like that then they could also revamp the entire menu "

Or how about...10th anniversary, 10 years of gaming...TEN total characters per account?

Too much??

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
More on hair! Lol

How about a hair accessory that wasn't so large and sometimes distinctly er, 'unfashionable' as some of the hats??

A barrette? A decorative or plain comb (for male and female)? A charm? A bobby pin, plain and decorated?

A hair fan? A ribbon?

So many other things that could let more of the hairdo show while providing some fashion and stats.

Survivor
May 29, 2014
CUTEHORSEY on Feb 22, 2018 wrote:

This is a really great idea, I hope they implement it!

Survivor
May 29, 2014
Cat Wildbreeze on Feb 24, 2018 wrote:
As a 2018 wish, I would like to be able to transfer gear between family member accounts. I have three accounts.
When I farm on my fire and get gear for my ice (that is on the other account) it is frustrating. Or when I buy packs and get gear and mounts I would like on the other account.
I can transfer crowns between accounts, that is great. Why not gear, mounts or pets.
The items you want transferred from one account to another can be put in an Account Sharing Vault (that we can buy with crowns or craft) and transferred the same way crowns are.
I think it would be great
Pleaaaaasssseeeee
I wish they would agree to doing this o:

Survivor
May 29, 2014
SparkleTude on Feb 25, 2018 wrote:
Area51Alien said:

"A seventh character slot would be nice.

But I feel for 10 years if they were going to go ahead and do something like that then they could also revamp the entire menu "

Or how about...10th anniversary, 10 years of gaming...TEN total characters per account?

Too much??
lol i think it would be too much

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Area51Alien on Dec 29, 2017 wrote:
Adding this idea from Promethean Oxnhorse, simply because it is too good to not consider.

Adding the ability to upgrade minions. Either by making minions equipable and trainable (similar to pets) or making them an integral part of a their own training quests similar to P101.

Or by making unique minion TC.

Steven Ghoststalker.
I've been thinking about this problem for a long time. And really, it needs it's own thread cause there's no reason to especially tie solving this problem to the 10th Anniversary.

I'm life - and I loved all my minions - but I never use them anymore because they just die too fast. Pretty much since Mooshu. I can't imagine what it must be like for Myth, if their minions aren't keeping up with the mobs and bosses at higher levels either. I'd like to see a minion's attributes and abilities upgrade along with the wizard as they level - until a new minion becomes available. Then if you just prefer a lower level minion to the new one, you can still use them for a while, because they are almost as good as the newer one. Till yet another minion is available, then maybe you should just move on. I also would like to see really good enchantments for the minions come out like the ones we now have for damage, accuracy etc. It could just level up the minion of your choice. All their behaviors would be affected -- better heals, harder hits, higher personal health and resist etc.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
SparkleTude on Feb 25, 2018 wrote:
Helenie I apologize for echoing part of your post. I hadn't read more than the part I quoted when I wrote my reply.

Didn't mean to be a copycatter.

Anyway, the way you wrote yours made me think of something else.
Customizable hairstyles.
In addition to always being dyeable how about hairstyles in pieces? We all kind of look the same after a while...

How about hairstyle parts we can assemble and stick on? Separate bangs, ponytail, braids, buns, longer length, etc., all costing separately and all separately dyeable, meaning people could have rainbow hair if they wanted or use their school colors etc.

Could have a hairdo with a bun and braids and bangs all on different parts of the person's head. Could have a long bang but a shaved flat top hairdo. So many potential combinations.
Aw - you're too sweet! Coppy-Cat away!

Anytime any of us are saying the same kinds of things, probably means LOTS of us who aren't talking on the boards are wishing for the same stuff too and I bet KI thinks of it that way. (In the olden days, before the web, it used to be said that for every person who bothered to write a letter to some organization or business, there were either 100 or 1000 - I forget which - who felt the same way.)

Also, I love this idea of hairstyles we can cobble together ourselves!
I love the long hair of the original hair set - but hate the hair in her face. I'd love to do the
  • long hair with the Kestral's side swept bang or theTango's droopy uplifted center parted bang
  • or just make the Owl longer
  • or the front of the Rumba with long straight hair in back
  • or the Midterm back with the Taffy front
  • and the Taffy back with the Final Exam front.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Quintessential Wizard City Pets – Apprentice Piggles & their hybrids

For eight long years, since the massive Stray Piggle find of 2010 – that first sent us to the new Pet Pavilion, Mr. Milo Barker has been working with the ones he adopted and their many generations of offspring.

Being a wonderful showman and all about the health and well-being of his charges – his Apprentice Piggles are all about health and safety. He is now ready to share the product of his hard work with any wizard willing to give his most worthy Apprentice Piglets good homes. They come from an extraordinary gene pool and will be most worth the adoption fee and the time and work to train them, whether they are used for further breeding, derby or battle.

Their parents both carried:
  1. May Cast: Regenerate
  2. May Cast: Rebirth
  3. May Cast: Availing Hands
  4. May Cast: Healing Current
  5. May Cast: Link
  6. May Cast: Snow Drift
  7. May Cast: Malduit (as there is no Death heal – she might help.)
  8. May Cast: Vassanji (as there is no Myth heal –he might help.)
  9. Sharp Shot
  10. Spell Proof

These adorable piglets are like many other Piggles – fully dyeable –but they also wear miniatures of Mr. Barker's uniform. And when hatched with a Sea Dragon pet produce either a Sea Dragon, an Apprentice Piggle, or one of 3 hybrids. The 3 hybrids are:

continued in second part...

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Apprentice Piggle & their hybrids Part 2

Piggon: Sea Dragon in Barker's uniform.

Driggle: size of a Piggle, looks like Sea Dragon but shorter tail, rounder belly & Piggle wings. They move like Piggles, clap their flippers like Sea Dragons and they have no costume.

Dragiggle: very rare hybrid, that initially terrified Mr. Barker, until he realized that as fearsome as they look –they are friendly. Strange collection of recessive DNA. The ferocity of ancient wild boars and prehistoric dragons of the sea. This dragon is girthier than its Pet Shop cousins, muscled and more angular – with a narrower dragon snout and boar tusks—small boar like ears—larger wings than the Piggle, yet the eyes and soul of a Piggle. Except for the eyes, they reminded Mr. Barker of Catalan the Lightning Lizard.But they mostly lay around and role over to have their bellies rubbed or somersault up to a wizards shoulder and float there a while.

further notes in part 3....

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Apprentice Piggle & their hybrids Part 3

All of the hybrids are dyeable.

It would be nice if the Apprentice Piggle & the Piggon could be dyed in pieces like our gear somehow, so I could have the pet color be changeable, but also the pieces of his uniform be changeable too.

Being born of Fire and Myth, all the hybrids are Balance School

and the cards revealed at Baby, Adult, Ancient, and Mega are all Balance School cards.

Considering Mr. Barker focused on having heals from all schools as possible pet talents - these cards might be a set of the Elemental & Spirit Shields and Blades, a new Balance School spell a Shadow Pip version of Power Play – or just a set of Balance and Dragon Blades.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I saw for the players who have been around for the 10 years they should give them another special mount like the pioneer dragons that were given a little bit back

Explorer
Feb 21, 2016
by updating the game with a new side world that has shadow creatures and zombies and aliens

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
vampirecuty123 on Apr 2, 2018 wrote:
by updating the game with a new side world that has shadow creatures and zombies and aliens
Ooooooh

Bring in a Cool Ranch world but it would be like Area 51. Have it be a multi-level world like Grizzlehiem.

Yes, crashed alien ships, aliens, zombies, all the 1950 cheesy Sci Fi tropes.

Adding this one from someone else on the boards:
How about giving our Wizards the ability to wear more than one amulet? Something like unlocking another amulet slot every 20 or 30 levels.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
May 20, 2012
What about adding more parts to Wizard City like quests depending on level. Maybe get to equip another type of gear. Have an all-access day so you can go anywhere without a membership or do pvp. There is a lot of things that should be done for ten years.