Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Contribute to Monstrology Tome here

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
The descriptions in the Monstrology Tome are evidently one of the harder parts of expanding the Monstrology system. So I thought I would start a thread where the player community helps the writers out by coming up with descriptions for monsters not currently in the system. Here's some of my suggestions.

Fairy Queen: "In order to better understand her subjects, she regularly flies among them to get a feel for the lives that they live."

King Amedeo: "The robe doesn't fit him perfectly, but it's still a lot larger than anything King Thermidor can wear. No one knows why a robe in that size was hanging in the royal closet."

Veteran Sellsword: "They sold their swords, and now they're stuck with these hammers."

O'Leary Napper: "They have a way of always knowing the most annoying possible spot to take naps in."

Otomo Mercenary: "They joined Katsumori's army not for the money, or the glory, but because it gave them something to do. What can they say? They're total workhorses."

Fire Scavenger: "They are indeed scavengers that use the power of fire, but they actually get that power by scavenging for fire."

Grendel Weirdling: "They like to glue fruit the the ceiling, eat paper, throw kitchen utensils at trees, and generally go out of their way make as little sense as possible."

Vulpine Vandal: "They think having an alternative name is more important than one that properly identifies their species."

Steam Valet: "Whenever they defeat someone in a duel, someone figures out that the butler did it."

Karl Thriceborn: "He considered himself to be 'born again' after a major change of heart following a near-death experience. His third 'birth' was when another near-death experience sent him back to evil."

Handsome Fomori: "They may not be much of a looker to you, but they're still a lot less ugly than other Fomori."

Monquistan: "They came to Azteca looking for the water of life. Apparently, they've never heard of those 'life fountain' things that pirates use."

Thousand Black Boots: "It's unclear where their name comes from, since they obviously don't wear any boots."

Delving Goliath: "Trespassers in The Hive get turned into these things. Don't get caught, or it could happen to you."

Siren: "In addition to performing in the Temple of Sea Songs, they are also responsible for sounding the alarm should Atlantea be invaded."

Darkmoor Gargoyle: "They were meant to scare away evil spirits, but evil spirits don't scare easily, and they scared away good spirits instead."

Gorgon Statue: "Baba Yaga has to make sure it doesn't make eye contact with the other statues. Statues that look into it's eyes stop being stone."

Prickly Bear: "They just don't understand that something covered in prickles shouldn't give hugs."

Common House Spider: "Obviously too big to be stepped on, but this is a normal size for spiders in Zanadu."

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Drat! I meant to use the word "alliterative" in the Vulpine Vandal description, and now I'm locked out from editing my own post.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
This is a bit of an alternate take on the rules I set down, as these monsters are already in the system, but each tier has the exact same description, so I'm providing some variety to those. Wrote one less than the number of existing tiers, so that one of them can keep the old description.

Gaikotsu Skeleton:

The locals told them to either put some skin on, or hide their shame in the Midnight Sun Pagoda.

Chilled to the bone.

Died of hypothermia, then reanimated when their remains were cremated. Turns out they just needed reheating.

Hebitoho Wyrmling:

Travel sized for your convenience.

The Midnight Sun Pagoda was the only place in Mooshu where other dragons didn't laugh at them for having wings.

Many have questioned the wisdom of letting a dragon live in a pagoda made of wood and paper.

One day they'll grow bigger than the entire pagoda. They're not looking forward to having to move out.

Hitojini Deathcaster:

The spirits of history teachers, they don't like it when people get dates mixed up.

No one meant any disrespect to the dead, but these guys just find everything offensive.

Brought to the Midnight Sun Pagoda by grave robbers. As in, robbers that steal tombstones.

They've developed a hierarchy among themselves, based on who died first.

Eirikur Axebreaker:

He breaks more than just axes, so don't bother trying that loophole.

He once did a stint as a heavy metal musician, but smashing his guitar at least once every song proved not to be economical.

He breaks axes, and breathes coldfire on everything else.

His coldfire breath breaks all known laws of thermodynamics. Top scientists think it could solve the energy crisis if he'd just let them study it.

Spectre of the Brocken (spiral cup):

Yo yo yo, the Spectres are in da 'hood, dawg.

They claim the cloaks are to hide their beauty from unworthy eyes. Most think it's actually because they have bad acne.

They're all Brocken up inside.

It's theorized that the reason they're so irritable is because they miss having feet.