Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low Level wizards never get to have a turn!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 09, 2012
I am wondering whether there is some way of changing the team player thing to restrict the levels that wizards can help at? Does that make sense? For example: limit wizard level to up to level 40 for worlds like Krok, up to level 60 for Dragonspyre.

I am currently Level 15 and every time I team up, max level wizards join. I don't get to play. They kill everything and I just stand there. Sometimes they join so quickly that they end the battle before I have even joined it. Then they act as if they have done you a huge favor! They are not trying to help, they just want the badge and the mount.

Does this happen to other lower level wizards?

Do you find it annoying that high level wizards don't let you have a turn on your quest?

Maybe you don't mind, but I am playing to have fun, not have other people do my quests for me.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
liveinsydney on Dec 13, 2017 wrote:
I am wondering whether there is some way of changing the team player thing to restrict the levels that wizards can help at? Does that make sense? For example: limit wizard level to up to level 40 for worlds like Krok, up to level 60 for Dragonspyre.

I am currently Level 15 and every time I team up, max level wizards join. I don't get to play. They kill everything and I just stand there. Sometimes they join so quickly that they end the battle before I have even joined it. Then they act as if they have done you a huge favor! They are not trying to help, they just want the badge and the mount.

Do you find it annoying that high level wizards don't let you have a turn on your quest?

Maybe you don't mind, but I am playing to have fun, not have other people do my quests for me.
This is happening to other wizards in low level team ups. Have you tried soloing? I have soloed a good majority of this game and I'm in Empyrea now.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016

I felt the same way in the lower levels.

Now that I've got max and other higher level wizards I understand why this sometimes happens.

They are trying to help as many people as quickly as possible.
Also, many players ask the helpers to get the fight over with as quickly as possible.

If you feel differently then half the burden is on you to speak up if you can (if they allow even that much time), and say please don't kill too fast, or please let me play too, etc.

I try to ask how people want me to play but half the time no answer arrives at all; the other half they tell me only once the timer expired; then many ridicule the question; only a few ask me not to hit.

So my conclusion is that it's just as important for the helpee to speak up as it is for the helper to ask.

Hope that...helps!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016

This has actually been the subject of two threads.

KI is aware of the problem as well as a handful of higher level wizards who truly want to help

For right now, if you see a Wizard wearing a white hat join your team-up, that Wizard is is there to help you. They are not there solely for the badge.

It's not just lower-level wizards affected by this. Even at level 83 I still find higher level wizards jumping ahead of things while I'm still trying to read dialogue boxes. Yes it is frustrating.

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I have the same problem with my lower level wizards. I agree the game is not fun when you don't get a chance to cast your first spell. The problem may never be completely solved but I've changed my team-up strategy by opening the area i need to go into. Then I go to kiosk in Old Town and wait for someone who needs the same help. Then I team up to help that player. Most of the time that works out if you want to spend that time . My Idea to solve this problem is, what if KI can make team- up show the level of the wizards who join. Example: Patrick Ravenbane is level 121. I click team-up and my level will show next to my school symbol.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

Not all high level wizards are like this.

When I help, I will go first and take all the hits. If needed, I will take out a mob. I may also hit the boss just enough to make sure he takes out all his anger on me instead of you, but I won't kill or interfere with your traps and feints. I will blade, heal and shield you and encourage you to set up a strong, one-hit kill.

The only time I will kill a boss is if the wizard I'm helping is just floundering and the situation is getting dangerous for both of us. Or, if they ask me to go ahead and speed things up. (For the record, that's rare. Most low level wizards want to do the hitting themselves and just need support.)

I also tend to send my support to battles from Mooshu up through Azteca, partly because those worlds are not popular farming spots and the battles there can take much longer. Usually it's only me that shows up in those worlds.

The lowest worlds, in contrast, are overrun by high level wizards seeking the Team-Up badges.

Because they are farming for a badge, they want to get the battle over with ASAP, but if you speak up and ask them to wait ... SOME of them will. (Some of them won't, I'm sorry to say.) But it's good to speak up and at least ask, because some of the more helpful wizards will actually make it a point to friend you and repeat the battle with you, just to make sure you get credit. I've seen it happen, not just me but other wizards being willing to repeat battles even when they won't be getting a badge point for it.

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Dec 15, 2017 wrote:
I have the same problem with my lower level wizards. I agree the game is not fun when you don't get a chance to cast your first spell. The problem may never be completely solved but I've changed my team-up strategy by opening the area i need to go into. Then I go to kiosk in Old Town and wait for someone who needs the same help. Then I team up to help that player. Most of the time that works out if you want to spend that time . My Idea to solve this problem is, what if KI can make team- up show the level of the wizards who join. Example: Patrick Ravenbane is level 121. I click team-up and my level will show next to my school symbol.
Yes I would really love it if the levels of the other players were shown.

Then whether people wanted to farm with other 'high levels' or wanted to help 'lower levels' or even wanted to team up with fellow 'lower levels' as an even handed team, they could do so more efficiently.

I'd also love it if at the very least the school of the boss were shown, and how many rooms or estimated battle time.

Those are the main wishes.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I have answered team ups in some longer dungeons in mid level worlds btw and met a max or high level who was farming. For what? I asked the most recent max. "A really decent robe," They said but I think they were a bit bored like myself. It was a pleasant time and they were a nice person. But had I been able to see player levels I wouldn't have joined that dungeon in the team up.

Other times people are farming for seeds or things or going back, much later in the game, for a side world, or side quest.