Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My ideas in fixing myth

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Take note, I have not played myth, but been a player since pre-Dragonspyre.. I'm sure I know a few things that could be fixed

Allow the summoning of 2 minions instead of 1...

Make all the minion cards enchants...
That affect it as soon as it's cast..

A spell idea I have.. Sacrificial Atonement, enchant a minion, and summon it, it appears in the center and does sacrifice, healing you = to it's health

Allow us to be able to train/learn the exalted minions (is what I'm calling them) like Max Cage, Kemek Brul, Bleirg, Arnet Galestrom, etc.... And once we learn these, make the lvl 75 minions PvP worth, since by then, are they really broken?

I'm sure this would cause a uproar of myths to appear in the spiral

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
1: Given this can already happen with Monstrology, I guess this can happen with the trained minions as well. I'd probably rather go with Monstrology minions since they're typically beefier and cheaper, but hey, you don't have to farm for trained minions.

2: This seems like a neat idea, but from what I've heard, minions are incredibly useful in PVP around the Magus level. A Shield Minion enchant being placed on the minion immediately, and without the turn investment... oof. Especially if for some reason the shield doesn't even appear until after spells are chosen for the next round. Perhaps make this not a feature until maybe Level 70-80? It would also be nice if there were enchantments to increase its stats as well. I would LOVE it if my minions could get some more accuracy.

3: At first, this is ok. The Golem becomes a worse Minor Blessing, the Cyclops a worse Satyr (which is fine since non-Life heals tend to be worse than Life ones), and in case of a Pip shortage the heals are still pretty good. (1->150, 2->300, 3->550). Talos is 1000 Health for 5 Pips, which is... ok, I guess. Then there's Vassanji, which is 2000 Health for 6 Pips. That's just way too much, in my opinion.

4: I'm not very familiar with these minions, but at a quick glance, these don't seem to be very much of an improvement over the Level 75 minions. In fact, given we now have Monstrology, I don't really know if we will (or should) get any more trained minion cards, like, for a long time. If anything, new minions need to focus on support and things other than trying to hit for low amounts of damage (outside of spamming AoEs to generate threat, that's pretty cool). Hitting is what the players are trying to do.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
From what I've seen, Myth Wizards seem to struggle with being able to defeat enemies quickly enough with an AoE (some even having to resort to single-hits for mobs, which sounds absolutely nightmarish ). The Lord Humongofrog card from the Eye Pet in Mirage is an excellent way to alleviate this issue, albeit it comes too late. From the looks of things, Myth is supposed to have issues here, and it's just that it's too much a problem. So instead of buffing Frog's or Earthquake's damage, perhaps Kingsisle could add a piece of gear or a Pet around Avalon that offers the Lord Humongofrog Item Card. That way, mid-Level Myth Wizards can access it on their own, without having to seek out a higher-Leveled wizard to hatch with for the Eye.

Another one is that Myth Wizards have the health of a high-Damage school along with Damage that is more akin to lower-Damage schools. They sorta-kinda have a heal, one that's supposed to be really Pip-efficient at the cost of sacrificing your Minion, but it is difficult to sacrifice the minion at a good enough time that you get your value from the Minion. This often leaves you with a Heal that is supposed to be Pip-efficient, but really is not. Other times, your minion gets defeated before you can use it. You posted an idea for another heal, and frankly, I shot it down since it becomes rather absurd with Vassanji. Ideally, I would like it if it were easier to use Minions to mitigate damage that would go to yourself, either by generating Threat or some kind of reverse-Intercept mechanism. But failing that, I guess Myth could get an actual Heal spell. I'm thinking a 6-Pip Spell that heals yourself and all of your Minions by 800. It's a slightly worse Satyr that can't heal other Wizards, but it's cheaper if you don't have a Life Mastery amulet on. If you're using minions, it becomes more like Rebirth.

Phew, incredibly wordy double-posts.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Well currently Vassanji and the other lvl 75 minions are *no PvP* and how about it adds a pip.. 1900 for 7 pips

And only reason I suggest making all the minion buffs enchants, is because no one uses them besides Syphon... 2 that I think immediately will be abused is the give minion (I think) 400hp and give minion 3 pips

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
It still significantly outperforms the Life School heals in healing per pip without any drawbacks aside from needing two cards to pull it off (which isn't really that difficult). Life's single-target non-overtime heals do around 210-215 healing per pip, whereas Vassanji would round up to be 286 healing per pip. It even outperforms Regenerate's healing per pip, and that's an overtime. It wouldn't fall in the line of being worse than a Life School heal unless it becomes 9-10 Pips, and then that's just ridiculously expensive. Upping the Pip cost also makes it less worth it for all of the other minions too, all just because of Vassanji's Health. Making it no PVP means it can't happen in places where balance is paid more attention to, but I imagine Life Wizards would not take this well.

As for the minion buffs, I'll go over them individually. Buff Minion is an amazing Blade, but the problem is that you are the one who's trying to do lots of damage, not the minion. Outside of blading your Cyclops to cast, well, Cyclops around the Magus level, you're probably wasting your time. Shield Minion is one I've been considering a lot more lately for my Monstrology solos of really tough bosses. Also an amazing shield, but Tower Shield is more preferable since you can shield yourself with it as well. Mend Minion is usually passed up because, again, you are the primary hitter, not the minion. When I'm doing Monstrology solos, I'd rather use Satyr. Maybe Maguses soloing Olympus with Monstrology would like to use this more? Draw Power only benefits you if you have a normal Pip, which is really bad. The Storm version is quite nice, however, but usually whenever I find myself using minions nowadays my turns are far too valuable for me to spend 2 on a Puppet and a sacrifice for a net gain of 3 pips.

What spell that gives minions 3 pips? I have never come across one (aside from Donate Power but I don't think that's what you meant).

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Torpzun26 on Dec 16, 2017 wrote:
It still significantly outperforms the Life School heals in healing per pip without any drawbacks aside from needing two cards to pull it off (which isn't really that difficult). Life's single-target non-overtime heals do around 210-215 healing per pip, whereas Vassanji would round up to be 286 healing per pip. It even outperforms Regenerate's healing per pip, and that's an overtime. It wouldn't fall in the line of being worse than a Life School heal unless it becomes 9-10 Pips, and then that's just ridiculously expensive. Upping the Pip cost also makes it less worth it for all of the other minions too, all just because of Vassanji's Health. Making it no PVP means it can't happen in places where balance is paid more attention to, but I imagine Life Wizards would not take this well.

As for the minion buffs, I'll go over them individually. Buff Minion is an amazing Blade, but the problem is that you are the one who's trying to do lots of damage, not the minion. Outside of blading your Cyclops to cast, well, Cyclops around the Magus level, you're probably wasting your time. Shield Minion is one I've been considering a lot more lately for my Monstrology solos of really tough bosses. Also an amazing shield, but Tower Shield is more preferable since you can shield yourself with it as well. Mend Minion is usually passed up because, again, you are the primary hitter, not the minion. When I'm doing Monstrology solos, I'd rather use Satyr. Maybe Maguses soloing Olympus with Monstrology would like to use this more? Draw Power only benefits you if you have a normal Pip, which is really bad. The Storm version is quite nice, however, but usually whenever I find myself using minions nowadays my turns are far too valuable for me to spend 2 on a Puppet and a sacrifice for a net gain of 3 pips.

What spell that gives minions 3 pips? I have never come across one (aside from Donate Power but I don't think that's what you meant).
Again I've never played myth.. I have been here since pre-Dragonspyre though... And I was naming examples not exact cards,