Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

nick jonas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2013
i am really curious and confused does any one know why nick jonas is still in the game are we getting a quest from him or something please help me understand please and thank you

Ellis Dark lvl 71

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Nick Jonas composed the music for Wintertusk back when it was released (in 2011, I think). His NPC is still in the Grizzleheim area conducting an "orchestra" of the music he wrote, with samples of the soundtrack from each area of Wintertusk.

It's just a leftover promotional stunt, mostly. The licensing agreement must have allowed KI to keep his NPC there permanently.

In contrast, Selena Gomez guested as an NPC during the summer of 2010 to promote her album: A Year Without Rain. We rescued her from King Thermadore, who had locked her up in Crab Alley so he could recite poorly written love poetry at her all day long. At the end of that summer, those quests were removed and the only trace of her adventure in the Spiral is, some old-time wizards may have her portrait or a statue of her in their house.

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
He is there because he helped with the music for Wintertusk. It let people know about the launch of that area, and gave us a listen to the music of that area when it was new. Why is he still there? He's not doing any harm, and new pirates that get there still hear about Wintertusk from him. Will he ever have anything new to say? Who knows? I guess you can consider him a musician stranded in Grizzleheim, waiting for his ship.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Katie12231996 on Dec 7, 2017 wrote:
i am really curious and confused does any one know why nick jonas is still in the game are we getting a quest from him or something please help me understand please and thank you

Ellis Dark lvl 71
Nick Jonas was involved in the creation of Wintertusk (I think he helped create the music). He's just there to showcase that Kingsisle at one point worked with him.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
I'm confused too. Maybe he's just a leftover from an old quest around the time where Selena Gomez was in Triton Underwater. Either way, he doesn't affect me much, he's just kind of there lol.

Delver
May 29, 2009
He created the music for Wintertusk. So even though he doesn't have any quests for you and there's not a storyline about him like Selena Gomez, he's still there "conducting" the music that you can hear by pressing "X". He's basically just there as a reminder, I think.

~SM~

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
And also, what young and new player wouldn't want to see Nick Jonas fill their ears with lovely music from Wintertusk?

Survivor
Jan 15, 2013
ok thank you everyone this really helped me

Ellie Dark lvl 72