Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeat Ice Bot with the Bat fight in Inner Athanar

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2014
I'll be playing this again, but when I was doing the "Bat fight" in Inner Athanar, the minion Ice Bot was not having any loss of health points when hit??

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
The Bat Bots are immune to all spells. Once you hear the "Behind You" statement and the Bat Bot turns in the Bat, then the Bat is vulnerable to attacks. For this battle, you just need to be patient. Blade Up and put traps on the Bat Bot. Then heal up and wait. Eventually (seems to be about four or five rounds), the Bot turns into the Bat. That is the time to attack. If you don't kill the Bat within a few rounds, he turns back into the Bot and becomes immune again. However, he will keep the damage on him. Just wait until he turns into the Bat again, and attack until he is finished off. This can easily be soloed - just make sure you keep heals on hand while waiting for the Bat.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Rowan1730 on Dec 6, 2017 wrote:
I'll be playing this again, but when I was doing the "Bat fight" in Inner Athanar, the minion Ice Bot was not having any loss of health points when hit??
That's part of the cheat. The Bat Bots are completely immune, so don't bother trying to stack up your pierce. Randomly during the fight, one of the Bat Bots will transform into The Bat, and that is when you can kill him.

My friends and me just feinted up the minions, and when one of them turned into The Bat, one of us used a single attack to one shot him. Once The Bat dies, one of the Bat Bots will eventually transform back into him, so just keep one shotting him until all the minions are dead.

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
That's the Bat's cheat.

The Ice Bots are actually Bat in disguise, and you can only really hit them when they are turned into him. As such, they have 200% universal resist as Bat Bots but the Bat's normal resist (whatever that is) when they are polymorphed into the Bat.

Approximately 4 rounds in, one of the Bat Bots will yell "Behind you!" and turn into the Bat. You have four rounds to defeat the Bat and once you do, the other bot will turn into the Bat around 4 rounds later. Once again, you have four rounds to beat him and then you're done.

Just a pro tip: Use those four rounds to blade up and once the Bat shows up, THAT'S when you feint him. I'm not sure if there's a specific bot that will always turn into him first but just in case.

I'm going to be honest, this boss is actually my favorite because this cheat is so unique, it's like a game.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2014
Just wanted to thank all of you who responded. Appreciate the help of my "co-wizards".

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
That quest is a fun battle. The cheats are clean and fair with the right amount of pips requirement and no additional attacks are made in a single round. My advice to win this bat battle: Have a good healer with you that can casts Mass Triage, put Stun Block and Cleanse in your deck, Blade up, Feints can be used. Then wait till one of the Ice bots transforms in to bat. After that you have 3 round to defeat it before that minion transforms back.