Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-1-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Another Friday has appeared, so it's time for some feedback, shall we?

This last month of the year, we'll have a common theme, retrospect on Wizard in 2017. This week, we'll start with our trusted companions. This is a two part question:

#1 - what is your favorite pet from 2017?
#2 - what is the pet that we haven't made yet that you desperately want?

Looking forward to your responses! Have a fiesty Friday and wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
My favorite pet from 2017 are the wartle pets from empyrea part one. A pet that I would desperately want would be a shadow creature pet or pets from our darkmoor spells.

Daniel
Revered Crafter

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
1) School themed turtles.
Absolutely amazing pets, taking a new look at a much older pet and giving it a nice new spin. Can't pick one in particular, but a gripe I have with it is some of their card choices. (Ie myth wartle giving sap health.. I understand myth is the minion school, but not many if any at all will sacrifice their minion for health that I know of).
2) While there is no one pet in particular that I would love to be added in game, an idea I have that I feel would be a great spin on older pets (just like how the wartles are a new spin on the original turtle pet) would be new hybrids that are made from previous generations of pets.
For example level 48 pets (Satyr, Helephant, Judgement, etc) and for example level 68 pets (Efreet, Mammoth, Triton, etc).

I do realize my suggestion is a bit of a stretch, but I feel it could be a bit of nostalgia for the veteran players that remember first training up their 48 pet, as well as giving us pet people something new to collect, and letting each person further their own Unique pets. :D

Survivor
Mar 29, 2015
Answer to questions #2 - I would really love to see a 'Trickster' pet, with shadow resistance and may cast real shadow spells, not just a shield.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
The Raging Bull is the pet I love more than any other and I think everyone else would agree.
As far as new pets now that is a little harder to think about but thinking about it maybe Empyrea bosses like Mudulla.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
i like all the pets but your like to see more healing pets

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Professor Falmea on Dec 2, 2017 wrote:
Another Friday has appeared, so it's time for some feedback, shall we?

This last month of the year, we'll have a common theme, retrospect on Wizard in 2017. This week, we'll start with our trusted companions. This is a two part question:

#1 - what is your favorite pet from 2017?
#2 - what is the pet that we haven't made yet that you desperately want?

Looking forward to your responses! Have a fiesty Friday and wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
1) The globulin looks really cute lol

2) THE TERROR PET

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Just to ask, what happened to that rare sheep pet? Is it extinct?

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Favorite Pet - Roadhog
Pet I Want - Medulla Pet

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
favorite pet of 2017 is Bunny Mallow

new pet would be for a Veteran's Day Pet. In remembrance of all Animals who served in the Military.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
would love to see a kitten version of Dr Von Katzenstein, with an oversized labcoat and the mirror thingy that keeps dropping over his eyes.

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
favorite pet from 2017 would be the hybrids of acid and freezing rain core pets. and a lesser extent the mimic pets.

you guys made a lot of good pets and a few that i wish that came out years ago already just came out like the seraph pets in Avalon. offhand maybe the Christmas/ice version of deer knight.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2016
My favorite pet, (even though I do not have a life wizard) would definitely be the Kookaburra. I love them, they are so tiny and cute, and very strong for being the level 118 Life wizard pet.

The pet that I desperately want is either a Myth Kookaburra hybrid, an Ice Kookaburra hybrid, or hybrids of the Maple Moose. (Maybe make an ice one, because you could as snow on the antlers and + I only ever get Ice drops so I think that's the Universe trying to tell me to "Make an Ice wizard!")

Mason Myth Level 63

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
"#2 - what is the pet that we haven't made yet that you desperately want?"

The Terror.

P.S. Make it a mount too please.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I really really like the animation of my Forrest Lord. The way he keeps looking over his shoulder seems like he is looking up through the screen at me.

Steven Ghoststalker

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I would love to see a Chicken or Rooster, not just the chick in the egg.. Also I would love to see Glow bugs!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Don't know which pets were new to 2017 so can't answer that.

Don't have any specific things in minds for pets but would love to see more pets that are both cool or cute to look at, and also have awesome cards and/or traits.

There are a lot of pets who are great visually but have no card with them. The cards are helpful to those who don't enjoy pet training, and also I'm sure, are nice to have, regardless.

The pets with great cards or stats tend to be unfortunate in some regard, visually speaking. Too big, clunky, unappealing, etc.

I'd love to see a Life school pet that has a really great group attack card.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2011
My favorite pet is the raging bull pet.
A pet I think we should have is a pet that can do shadow spells, like our darkmoor spell pet. And also maybe a pet that represents what school are with your professor's hair Arcanum and Ravenwood.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
ravensableclosed on Dec 2, 2017 wrote:
Answer to questions #2 - I would really love to see a 'Trickster' pet, with shadow resistance and may cast real shadow spells, not just a shield.
Perhaps not exactly the Trickster, but I'd love to see a shadow pet.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I like all the level 118 pets, especially Kook and Raincore, but my favorite is the new Blaze Fox because it's cute and lets players get a blade giving pet without crowns or high level.

Wanted: a firehouse dalmatian dog that gives Backdraft, and a skunk pet that gives Potent Trap.

Defender
Mar 18, 2012
BrahmShadow on Dec 2, 2017 wrote:
1) The globulin looks really cute lol

2) THE TERROR PET
The Terror is exactly what I want as a pet.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
I think the wandering eye pet and the hybrids were probably the cutest pets from 2017. I have a rose garden full of gloomy eyes at my darkmoor manor and it's quite lovely.

I really want to see more "realistic" looking cat pets. The meowing and catastrophe are pretty cute. I'd really like to see a CATipillar kitten, with a cute fluffy face, long silky tail, and about a dozen legs. It seems like something that you could get really neat hybrids from too. Maybe hatching with a stained glass roller would give you a "purrball", maybe hatching with the rockin' roller would make a "rock mewsician". Maybe a hatch with an armordillo would make a "CATdet". Or maybe new cheshire cat (or kitten) pet that was dyeable, who would disappear periodically except for the eyes and toothy grin. Or maybe a magical Unicat (I know, the unicorn thing is everywhere, but it would match the new wigs) or siamese twins: a two-headed siamese cat.

I obviously like cats, but I'm a canine fan too. I think a french bulldog (caMIME) would a be nice addition, maybe he could be dressed like a mime with a beret and a little striped shirt, and maybe a dyeable scarf. Seems like there's already a lot of cute puppies though, so I think all the ailurophiles out there would be happy to see more feline additions. Or a "cat-dog" pet like the old cartoon character. I'm also a sucker for gremlins/furby-like creatures.

Honestly, whatever new pets come out, it seems like the cards are what "sells" the critter in the end. Catastrophes look cute, but my red ghosts and drakes give much better cards for pvp, so I default to those. And of course, icebirds and fire beetles, etc. remain so popular because of their pvp perks. The rude goblin has some of the best cards out there. I'd like to see more pets with similar treasure cards included. It's like getting an awesome new pair of shoes: its best if they look nice, but also need to be something we can walk in comfortably, or they're not going to get much use.

Cheers!

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
I would LOVE to see some police dog pets from Marleybone! We have the cats and rats, but not the dogs. Maybe even a Sherlock Bones pet? I would love one of the mice too.

I want a pet that TALKS!

I would also love to see some pets from Grizzleheim - the wolves, boars or ravens would all make interesting pets.

I cannot speak to the pets of 2017, but my absolute fave pet is my hybrid Lord of Winter. At triple damage, he has turned my Ice into a formidable Wizard, indeed, and he loves to heal her! In general, I love the Yeti pets from Polaris. Not only are they adorable (and funny), they have some great abilities and stats.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My favorite pet released in 2017 was the Fairyfly. Beautiful and very functional, with great talents, high stats and three Fairy cards that ANY wizard can cast on any teammate. Even non-Life school wizards now have a better ability to heal teammates if they equip this pet.

So that leads me to the next question, of what new pets I'd like to see in the game....

Along with the new badges oriented towards helping at the Team-Up kiosk, I'd love to see additional badges to earn there that would then open up even better teamwork reward pets ... but there's a catch. You can only equip these pets if you have the badge, even hatched versions of them. They'd be restricted in the same way "school only" pets are.

Also, these "Team-Up" reward pets are restricted from PVP use. Instead, they offer tremendous PvE support talents like, may cast Pigsie, may cast Legion Shield, may cast Blade Storm, or Shatter, or Enfeeble. They also might offer higher healing boosts, like 15% outgoing. Or higher resists, like 15% spell resistance.

There could be a healer pet (with 3 team healing cards like Pigsie), a tank/resist pet (with 3 sets of 50% Legion shields), and a damage/buffing pet (with 3 sets of 30% Blade Storm cards). In fact, you could even make these teamwork reward pets look like the piglets from the Wysterian lore spells!

Alia Misthaven