Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boss Drop Rates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
Hey I want to know if there is a specific thing you have to do to get a drop from a boss. I have battled Gannon for the Cabalist Cleansing Stompers, the fire boots, well over 100 time and probably closer to 150 times. I have gotten boots dropped before, that is not the problem, the problem is that I have gotten the Cabalist boots for literally every school but my school, some more than once. I was wondering if like I had to beat him with spells that are not for my school or if I just have really crummy luck. Thanks

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
It's been my experience that the bosses are dropping things for every single school except the one I'm playing. I complained about it in test realm, when my Fire kept getting Balance school gear. I was assured this was just a fluke.

The game went to live and still, my Fire is getting all Balance and Life stuff. Meanwhile, my Balance keeps getting Death and Ice gear.

So no, it's not a fluke. I suspect they purposely built aggravation into the RNG so we'll keep repeating the bosses over and over, thereby giving us "something to do" while we wait for Empyrea part 2.

Alia Misthaven

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
ethanghluttrell on Nov 30, 2017 wrote:
Hey I want to know if there is a specific thing you have to do to get a drop from a boss. I have battled Gannon for the Cabalist Cleansing Stompers, the fire boots, well over 100 time and probably closer to 150 times. I have gotten boots dropped before, that is not the problem, the problem is that I have gotten the Cabalist boots for literally every school but my school, some more than once. I was wondering if like I had to beat him with spells that are not for my school or if I just have really crummy luck. Thanks
all drops are random, and the rng is abysmal for everyone; nothing you do will change your odds of getting the item you want.

people will tell you all kinds of things: when waterworks came out, people started saying things like "don't pick up the pearl or you won't get any drops"; "dance before entering the duel to guarantee first turn", etc.

none of it is true, of course, but enough people started spreading the misinformation that it caught on~ don't pick up the pearl; dance to get first turn; rub your belly and pat your head at the same time for a critical hit... the list of absurdities goes on and on. but don't believe any of it. drops are entirely random and nothing will change that.

(i have the boots you want, but i'm a balance wizard and i can't use them. join the bad-luck club!)

-von