Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The sad end

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
As we all should know in the end of Azteca the lace is destroyed (not really) and I want it to come back because it is a beautifull place and I hate the idea of not seeing it but really can we get rid of the annoying comet noises at the end and the materials crashing in the ground the place is just to cool

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
samuel032907 on Nov 26, 2017 wrote:
As we all should know in the end of Azteca the lace is destroyed (not really) and I want it to come back because it is a beautifull place and I hate the idea of not seeing it but really can we get rid of the annoying comet noises at the end and the materials crashing in the ground the place is just to cool
Sadly, we are doomed to be haunted by our failure every time we return to Azteca.

This is the point where we and the game "grow up" and realize our quests are not always going to end well. It's dark, but it does make us feel like there's more at stake now.

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
samuel032907 on Nov 26, 2017 wrote:
As someone with super sensitive hearing I would love for Azteca to go back to the prettier version once we complete that world. I went back for a reagent or something and the flashing lights and high pitched sounds were doing me in.

I turned sound off but I had been enjoying the music...It's a small thing but since someone brought it up.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
I honestly don't see why they can't give a new quest to save Azteca. Maybe one to put Mother Moon in the sky and end the comet. It could easily come after Khrysalis or any of the other, higher worlds. And they could simply reuse the old sky but with a moon in place of Xibalba.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
Indagare on Jan 12, 2018 wrote:
I honestly don't see why they can't give a new quest to save Azteca. Maybe one to put Mother Moon in the sky and end the comet. It could easily come after Khrysalis or any of the other, higher worlds. And they could simply reuse the old sky but with a moon in place of Xibalba.
i would love for a quest to save azteca !! yes and it would be great if it were given from a much higher level and now that we're in empyrea i think it would be great to adventure back to azteca and get a lil nostalgic

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
It would be nice to have a quest to save Azteca. Maybe it could go something like this. Since Mirage involved aspects of "time travel", maybe we could have a quest to recover an Aztecan Calendar Stone - but a special one. In Azteca near the main entrance, there was a rotating calendar stone. Maybe we have quests to find one where it has a special time ability such that if you rotate it backwards, all time in Azteca rolls back. Another quest would have us looking for components or something that could deflect the comet away from Azteca.

Then when we had everything, we would go to Azteca and use our special calendar stone to rotate time back to just the point at which pieces of comet fall from the sky. Since our original characters at that time would be in Xibalba fighting Malistaire, we would not be interacting with them. Then while that battle is going on, our current time characters would setup the mechanism to deflect the comet. That mechanism would actually be what causes that big chunk of the comet that Malistaire is standing upon to be knocked off - carrying Malistaire away.

At that point, the comet's course is deflected, but it will take maybe an hour or two for that to happen, and in the meantime, pieces of the comet rain down on Azteca. Our original characters port back from Xibalba and are greeted with the ice balls raining down on Azteca. At that point our original characters leave azteca saddened.

Our current characters would stay around for the hour or so until the comet moved off, and the ice chunks stop raining down on Azteca. Any trips our original characters made to Azteca afterwards are within that period of time that ice chunks rain down - they never see our current characters, and they never know that they save Azteca in the future.

After the ice stops falling, our current characters have completed the quest and saved Azteca. They roll the calendar stone forward to sync time with the present. Azteca is restored.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
Another thing I don't understand is azteca is supposed to be "destroyed" yet we get multiple quests later on to go to azteca for stuff? Either get rid of the comet noises/crashing after you finish the last quests, or don't make any future quests going to a supposedly extinct world lol

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
CUTEHORSEY on Feb 21, 2018 wrote:
It would be nice to have a quest to save Azteca. Maybe it could go something like this. Since Mirage involved aspects of "time travel", maybe we could have a quest to recover an Aztecan Calendar Stone - but a special one. In Azteca near the main entrance, there was a rotating calendar stone. Maybe we have quests to find one where it has a special time ability such that if you rotate it backwards, all time in Azteca rolls back. Another quest would have us looking for components or something that could deflect the comet away from Azteca.

Then when we had everything, we would go to Azteca and use our special calendar stone to rotate time back to just the point at which pieces of comet fall from the sky. Since our original characters at that time would be in Xibalba fighting Malistaire, we would not be interacting with them. Then while that battle is going on, our current time characters would setup the mechanism to deflect the comet. That mechanism would actually be what causes that big chunk of the comet that Malistaire is standing upon to be knocked off - carrying Malistaire away.

At that point, the comet's course is deflected, but it will take maybe an hour or two for that to happen, and in the meantime, pieces of the comet rain down on Azteca. Our original characters port back from Xibalba and are greeted with the ice balls raining down on Azteca. At that point our original characters leave azteca saddened.

Our current characters would stay around for the hour or so until the comet moved off, and the ice chunks stop raining down on Azteca. Any trips our original characters made to Azteca afterwards are within that period of time that ice chunks rain down - they never see our current characters, and they never know that they save Azteca in the future.

After the ice stops falling, our current characters have completed the quest and saved Azteca. They roll the calendar stone forward to sync time with the present. Azteca is restored.
God bless. This storyline to save Azteca is amazing.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
One minor addition to my entry on how we might save Azteca - our future characters when they port to Azteca with the special Calendar stone do not arrive at an Azteca raining down ice chunks, but rather to Azteca following its destruction. They would arrive at a a shattered world on a stone fragment - similar to those chunks of rock we see scattered about the other worlds. They would set up the calendar stone on one of these fragments, and then rotate it in the direction that moves time backwards. The visual accompanying this would show something like all the fragments of Azteca gradually coming back together to reform the land. We would see shattered buildings coming back together, and the inhabitants suddenly reappearing. It would be a pretty spectacular visual display that should challenge the Kingsisle programmers. This continues until the timeline is rolled back to the point just as the first ice chunks are falling from the comet to hit Azteca.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
The quest to find the calendar stone could be one that has us traveling to different worlds to recover pieces. For example, there could be a piece in the Marleybone museum, a piece in some forgotten temple in Krokotopia, a piece kept by those Cats in Mirage inside that time temple, etc.

The quest to get the Comet Deflector might involve travelling to Empyrea to get something from the ice dwarves (after all, they understand ice and how to control it), and maybe some advanced energy source from the Bat, and maybe some help from even Merle in Wizard City, or from King Artorius. Maybe the Sword of Kings is needed to be the tip of a giant Aztecan arrow to be fired at the comet.

Even Tartarus - maybe we need to go inside one of those mysterious temples in Tartarus - those places we always wanted to go into, but don't have a dungeon attached to them. A key piece could be in one of those areas.

This could be a good way for us to travel to many of our previous worlds and maybe a chance to add new dungeons to some of the many areas that look like they could use one, or seem to be too empty.

Heck, make the Beastman fight club useful. Make it so that they have one of the pieces that we need that they "picked" up somewhere in their intra fragmented world travels. At least then people might have a reason to go and battle them rather than for the "lame" drops they currently have.

This would not be a new world type of quest or game content, but the adventure could be as long as if we were questing in a new world.

Lots of ideas.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
I would love to see Azteca restored in some way. People seem to be coming up with some good ideas how it could be accomplished. It is my favorite world in the game, and i was surprised how upset i was the first time I finished it. . Had to take consolation that some of the world's people seem to have survived in Pirates101.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
This idea is just too much fun to not add more detail.

So purists might ask well, why not just travel back in time to the point at which the ice fragments come down instead of a quest to find a calendar stone to roll back time.

A short trip to Marleybone to speak with the "Professor" would explain all. He will tell you that the existing timeline cannot be changed by simply traveling to the past. Instead, the Calendar Stone actually rolls back physical time to whatever point we want to go to. In effect, the act of rolling back time creates a time bubble encompassing current time (in a limited area - say the size of a world) and encapsulates all events within it.

Once we roll time back within the bubble, and effect our changes, and then sync up with the present, the bubble pops, and the old timeline starts anew at that point. For the aztecans, its as if nothing really happened. Some ice storm pellets came raining down for a brief hour or two, and then stopped. And the comet in the sky appears to them to have moved off on its own. Only the Wizards in the bubble know what happened. Any subsequent attempts by our future wizards to travel to Azteca will have them arrive on the new timeline - no more travel to an Azteca with ice raining down on it.

Explorer
Dec 31, 2015
" oh! i didn't see you their! Azteca Was Destroyed by The commit Xibalba. I got no idea why it fell but it was prob because when Mailasatie with that peace of the commit it probably caused it to fall into Azteca. Marking the end of The Dinosaurs of Azteca. But some Dinosaurs escaped to Skull island and now live their to this day! So some did die some survived and fleed to Skull island so all well ends well... well notwhen a world is destroyed" " Now if u exuse me i need to get back to crying "

Explorer
Dec 31, 2015
ConnorP08 on Mar 10, 2018 wrote:
" oh! i didn't see you their! Azteca Was Destroyed by The commit Xibalba. I got no idea why it fell but it was prob because when Mailasatie with that peace of the commit it probably caused it to fall into Azteca. Marking the end of The Dinosaurs of Azteca. But some Dinosaurs escaped to Skull island and now live their to this day! So some did die some survived and fleed to Skull island so all well ends well... well notwhen a world is destroyed" " Now if u exuse me i need to get back to crying "
Now that i think about this post i kind of feel embaresed because the crying parts... eessh... that was a bad joke

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
As a wizard who does main quests and then goes back for side quests I would love to be able to toggle off the meteors. I know it is me who messed with the timeline by not doing the sides as I went along, but they're still meant to be before I failed

I love the idea of going back in time to fix things properly if it could be worked into the story line without causing a rift in time and space

For side questing and visits I'd love to be able to toggle off those nasty meteors, it's such a stunning world and I love it but visiting is such sweet sorrow!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 2, 2018 wrote:
As a wizard who does main quests and then goes back for side quests I would love to be able to toggle off the meteors. I know it is me who messed with the timeline by not doing the sides as I went along, but they're still meant to be before I failed

I love the idea of going back in time to fix things properly if it could be worked into the story line without causing a rift in time and space

For side questing and visits I'd love to be able to toggle off those nasty meteors, it's such a stunning world and I love it but visiting is such sweet sorrow!
I'm glade we don't get hit be those meteors and have count against our health. Can you imagine how painful that would be?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I hate going back to Azteca seeing meteors destructing that beautiful world and hearing the music makes me feel sad. I"d love to see it all stop