Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stolen Account

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2014
My friend's account was stolen by someone and was wondering if there's anyway of getting it back without being banned

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Highly doubt it. I'm sure your friend has seen the numerous warnings stating that you should desists in giving out your account info. Heck, even the own company says you should not distribute your account info to them!

So, what most likely will happen is that KI will ban this "stolen account"
What you can do is attempt to plead with them through email and see what they may be able to do to assist.
support@wizard101.com

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
How was it stolen? Did you friend confide in someone about the info about it?

If so, well, I don't see a pathway to your friend recovering it without it being sanctioned. You can try contacting KI about it though.

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Adam LifeCaster on Nov 26, 2017 wrote:
My friend's account was stolen by someone and was wondering if there's anyway of getting it back without being banned
i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your friend's account (probably) wasn't stolen: what likely happened is that he gave his username and password to someone, who took over the account and locked him out of it.

like it says on the game launcher: do not give anyone your password, or you will lose your wizards forever.

unfortunately, there are a lot of not-nice people in-game who prey on kids or new players, convince unsuspecting folks to cough up their personal info. once that's done, you can pretty much kiss your account goodbye.

your friend can try emailing kingsisle support, though i'd imagine that his odds of getting the account back are slim to none.

-von

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Adam LifeCaster on Nov 26, 2017 wrote:
If your friend willingly gave their account information to someone ( account wasn't hacked ) and then their account was stolen; your friend violated the Terms of Use for KingsIsle Games. They have warned us that you could lose your account doing this. I say: tell your friend not to try to get it back, make a new account and learn from their mistake. Never, ever share your information with anyone!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2017
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I would recommend that your friend should contact someone in authority ASAP and alert them that his account is being fraudulently used. For two reasons:

1) Your friend is on the hook and responsible for everything that account does and says. The email and address associated with the account still may be in your friend's name, so he would suffer the consequences of any bad thing the thief does in game.

2) Your friend may have payment information set up with the account. The thief can rack up a lot of charges on your friend's credit card or paypal if no one stops them and shuts them down.

If your friend was a minor when the account was opened and has a parent with their own account, the parent may be able to go in and recover the stolen account by using the parental control feature. Otherwise, KI will have to step in and close it down.

Sorry this happened and, as the others have said, lesson learned. NEVER share your password or account information with anyone.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
To keep your account safe:

1. Do not give out your account information no matter what.
2. Do not share your account to anyone no mater what.
3. Create a strong password by using a combination of letters, numbers and symbols of 8 or more digits long that only you can remember and write down where no one will find it.
4. It's a good idea to change your password every year or so or when need to to be on the safe side.

Adam LifeCaster, Please tell your friend to contact Costumer Service for further assistance.

Stay safe wizards!