Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wasting Gold

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Let's talk about wasting gold.

It isn't a problem at first but eventually your wizard might find its pockets heavy.
What are some expensive but very very useful things to buy?

Monstrology spells for instance. I just spent 100,000 gold on buying the last of those. It was a relief because I could not even rid myself of treasure cards (hard to find someone who wants them, when it's urgent) because I had max gold. When I tried to sell TC at the Bazaar it said I couldn't because of max gold.

Freshta mentioned a Summon Pixie spell for gardening which is very useful and is also expensive. It's in Krokotopia.

There are houses but once you have most or all of those, then what.

There are mounts but if you don't like them, or your land or backpack are full enough with things like that...?

So, what are some very very helpful or useful things that cost a fortune in gold? Let's waste some gold.
Thank you.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
This is a problem I face as well

Monstrology are good ones to spend but alas there are only so many of those to buy. Making the summon "mob or boss" TC cards are a fairly decent way to spend gold. I'm finding I'm able to solo more of Avalon with Sir Bedevere and a summon "monster" TC card.

I did spend a significant amount buying the recipe and reagents to build the train set available in Grizzlehiem.

I haven't tried yet but I hear that hatching is a good way to go through gold.

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Pet hatching.

I have seriously bankrupted myself on multiple occasions with that activity.

Monstrology and Gardening spells definitely drain gold quickly.

Crafting spells and houses can take a big chunk of gold, from the recipe itself to buying the reagents and treasure cards needed to finish the project.

If I'm really desperate to dump gold fast, I go to the Bazaar and buy the most expensive robe or hat I can find, then turn around and sell it at a loss.

But seriously, since starting to work on "perfect pets" for all of my wizards, I never come anywhere close to the gold cap and in fact, usually find myself scrambling to earn more gold.

Alia Misthaven

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Thank you both.

Great tips I'm sure will help a lot of people.

Train set in Grizzleheim?! How did I miss that?

I might need to craft one of those...for the holidays

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
SparkleTude on Nov 25, 2017 wrote:
Thank you both.

Great tips I'm sure will help a lot of people.

Train set in Grizzleheim?! How did I miss that?

I might need to craft one of those...for the holidays
Torald Wayfinder

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Recipe:Toy_Train_Set#axzz4zS3NH9tp

It's pretty cool actually

Steven Ghoststalker

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Spend it on a lot of Empowers. You can trade it to a friend in need, someone who doesn't have gold for a hatch or even save them until you become broke.

I love decorating houses and I find my wizard going broke buying all types of furniture in the Bazaar, so there's that.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
The big pile of gold from Guillermel in mirage that costs 475,000 gold.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Thanks all, for the additional tips!

A lot of things I didn't know of and had not heard of before.

Very cool. Thanks.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
sirkamron on Nov 27, 2017 wrote:
The big pile of gold from Guillermel in mirage that costs 475,000 gold.
This sounds interesting! I could put my little dragons around it to guard it.

Where does one find Guillermel? Thanks.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
SparkleTude on Nov 27, 2017 wrote:
This sounds interesting! I could put my little dragons around it to guard it.

Where does one find Guillermel? Thanks.
He's in Caravan in Mirage. But you should know that he's only available as a vendor after completing the quests he offers.

And you can also purchase the crafting spells and buy expensive and rare treasures or recipes such as the teleporters available in Celestia.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Buying Crown Shop furniture sets is a good way to waste gold. With enough gold you could furnish a castle!

Explorer
May 20, 2012
buy high price treasure cards to trade to others who need gold.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
If you're like me, pet food is a good gold waster. But I train all my pets regardless of talents, so I go through a lot.

Another thing is crafting regents. If you get into crafting, some items can get expensive, like sunstone and fossil, so stocking up on those as you see them also goes through a lot of gold.