Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Looking for more mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 05, 2010
Hi I was wondering where can I buy perm mounts with gold, NOT Crowns? I tried the shop but it didn't work, so please help me. Thank you.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The only place to purchase permanent mounts with gold is through the crown shop however, you must click on the mount (usually the ones located at the very bottom of the permanet mounts menu) that does not say crowns only.
After doing this, select the gold icon above the buy icon to the right and it should display the price for you in gold; Usually at least 85,000.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I found this page about which mounts are available for gold.

I don't know of anywhere 'in the spiral' to buy mounts, but there might be.

Some battles can possibly drop mounts.

Sorry can't be of more help.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2012
The crown shop sells mounts for gold. Some mounts like the tiger and lion types have a gold option.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Delver
May 29, 2009
Star Edward on Nov 20, 2017 wrote:
The only place to purchase permanent mounts with gold is through the crown shop however, you must click on the mount (usually the ones located at the very bottom of the permanet mounts menu) that does not say crowns only.
After doing this, select the gold icon above the buy icon to the right and it should display the price for you in gold; Usually at least 85,000.

To the OP if you follow Star Edward's tip you should be able to get a mount for gold. Let me add to his suggestion that it is easier to view if you use the "LIST" detail instead of the "GRID" pictures this way you won't have to roll/mouse over to see what is for gold or not. Plus you can alphabetize the list or order by price. Here is a list of the mounts and their price in gold for you arranged by cheapest:

Chestnut Pony 50,000 Gold/5,000 Crowns
Enchanted Broom 50,000 Gold/5,000 Crowns
Black Stallion 70,000 Gold/70,000 Crowns
Horned Sweeper 70,000 Gold/7,000 Crowns
Blue Dragon 85,000 Gold/10,000 Crowns
Royal Lioness 85,000 Gold/10,000 Crowns
Bengal Tiger 90,000 Gold/15,000 Crowns
Proud Lion 90,000 Gold/15,000 Crowns
Dark Redwing 90,000 Gold/15,000 Crowns

Good luck and enjoy your new mount! :)

~SM~

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Survivor
May 05, 2010
All it says is crowns only and its starting to upset me because I have all this gold and I cant use it in the shop

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
ErnestTenshi on Nov 22, 2017 wrote:
All it says is crowns only and its starting to upset me because I have all this gold and I cant use it in the shop
Are you reading the responses here?

Mounts are available for gold in the crown shop!

Open the crown shop menu
Click Permanent Mounts
Scroll to the very bottom of the page (where you will find the brooms, horses and big cats).
Click on one of them which says (No Auction) only. As in, it does not say Crowns Only.
After selecting the mount, click the gold icon (located beside the word "crowns").
You should then see the price listed in gold.
Buy it!

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
SparkleTude on Nov 22, 2017 wrote:
My first post has a hyperlink in it.
How?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Most mounts are crowns only. But the mounts on my hyperlink (earlier post) or in the list someone else posted have a tab that says "gold" and you can buy them, as someone said they typically cost 85,000 gold. I think the basic brooms are 50,000. Not sure.

There are some good mounts for gold including tiger and horses.

Delver
May 29, 2009
If you are still having a problem with the Crowns Shop not working after following the suggestions others and I have posted then your next step should to contact KI support. Maybe there is something wrong with your interface (though I don't see how) and perhaps they can guide you through the steps you should take.

~SM~

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Taylor SwiftStalke... on Nov 23, 2017 wrote:
How?

Glide the mouse over the phrase "this page."

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
You can also craft mounts. There is a mount recipe vendor in Mount Olympus. This costs a lot of gold but you do get a really cool mount. You must be at least a legendary crafter though in order to buy the recipe and craft it. You'll also need the mote of transport but I got that from Rattlebones Rank 7.