Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 11-10-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi everyone! It's Friday, and it's time for feedback, so let's start another topic, shall we?

This week, we'd like to talk STORY. For those of you in Empyrea, what is your favorite story moment so far, and what do you think of it overall? For those of you who are not yet in Empyrea - what is your favorite story moment in Spiral so far? Feel free to answer any or all of these questions if you want to, we want to hear what you think!

Wishing you a fierce and fiery Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Nov 01, 2017
I'm loving all of the stories in the game so far, but if I need to pick just one it would have to be the story in Wysteria! I know, I know, I haven't got to Wysteria on this account yet, but back on my old account, Wysteria was by far one of my favorite worlds to adventure in! Not only was it fun gameplay wise, but the story was incredible!!

It was so exciting to visit another magical school in the Spiral, and I thought the different magical schools and new professors they had were really cool! I also just really love the environments and the overall vibe of the world! Plus, one of my favorite characters in the game, Nalia Dunestrider was introduced there! I am really looking forward to being able to go to Wysteria again!

Sophia RoseBlossom - Level 13

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Professor Falmea on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
Hi everyone! It's Friday, and it's time for feedback, so let's start another topic, shall we?

This week, we'd like to talk STORY. For those of you in Empyrea, what is your favorite story moment so far, and what do you think of it overall? For those of you who are not yet in Empyrea - what is your favorite story moment in Spiral so far? Feel free to answer any or all of these questions if you want to, we want to hear what you think!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I am only in Zanadu, but I am REALLY enjoying the story so far. I find it really entertaining and gripping, and I also love the build up that has been going on with Bat so far. As for my favorite part, I loved the cinematic that played when I restored that one tower to remove the Shadow wall. I loved how I got a bird-eye view of the entire city, and it was really nice seeing a huge amount of light shoot into the sky. I can't wait to see how the story progresses!

In other news, I guess I'll be avoiding this thread like the plague since I don't want to see any end of Part 1 spoilers lol

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
I love the medulla storyline. That was honestly my favorite part of Empyrea, which is storming the Cabal's empyrean headquarters and defeating Medulla. Loved it!

Daniel
Champion Necromancer

Visionary Crafter

Survivor
Jul 26, 2014
My favorite part would have to be the part where you have to help Khan dance in Zanadu.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
HelloProfessor Falmea so far I'm enjoying the story some the references are hilarious. The only negative I have for it thus far is the quest arrow doesn't point In the right direction right away and u end up gong by the numbers displayed on said arrow. Also I have a question, The door in the Arcanum hallway with the symbol of the cabal above it and blocked by an electrocuted gate will that be uncovered in the second half of this new world or will it be opened at a later arc.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I can honestly say that as die-hard Trekker, I am sooo looking forward to Empyrea.

That said, my favorite story line this far is Avalon. LOVE the Monty Python references.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Aug 05, 2013
Although I'm not in Empyrea yet (Khrysalis Part 2) I can't WAIT to get there. But my favorite story moment so far has probably been all the outside references in the storyline (-cough- Avalon -cough-). Keep up all THE AMAZING WORK!!!!

Haley

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
It was a pleasant surprise to see references to Minbari.
Would I be correct in saying that one of your behind the scenes guys likes Babylon 5?

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
I've never played in Empyrea before, seeing as I'm stuck in Khrysalis, so I'll go with the latter option.

For the main story, it has to be right after Xibalba, when I meet Pacal Redmask and we all realize that there's no saving Azteca.

Overall, the best moment is at the end of Darkmoor, seeing Malistare at rest, finally.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i haven't done much in empyrea yet, though i find myself cracking up at all the star trek references (rather appropriately, james t. pork sounds just like william shatner too lol).

as for my favourite story arc: my little black wizard heart belongs to malistaire and sylvia, always.

-von

Survivor
May 08, 2013
Spoilers: I really enjoyed the Mellori "dies cliffhanger"! You really like cliffhanger don't you KI...

I still think you should make headless horseman craftable though.............

Survivor
Dec 29, 2012
My favorite part in Empyrea is when (SPOILERS) you really get to connect with the Bat only for him to betray you at the end of part one and severly injuring Mellori. Also may I mention the part when Captain Pork shouts out, "KHHHHAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!"?

Other then that, favorite story moments is when we finally understand why Malistaire wanted the krokonomicon and Morganthe's true character of how she was never a good person to began with.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
Professor Falmea on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:

I love Mooshu's story in general. I went into that world thinking I would not like it, but I fell in love with it. I especially enjoyed helping the two lover ghosts.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
For those of you in Empyrea, what is your favorite story moment so far, and what do you think of it overall?

I've got two wizards just at the start of Empyrea, and have gotten one of them to the Sycorax tower. Sycorax being a subtle Tempest reference makes me smile. All the Star Trek easter eggs are fun. Deeply appreciate the many Shakespeare nods - Prospero, Miranda, etc. - and hope that means more of the Tempest will be blended in as the story goes along.

Best part for me? "Kubla Khan" and Xanadu (mixed with "Taylor Coleridge" as a character from Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner who set it all in motion?!). Oh, joy! Kubla Khan is Star Trek 2's Wrath of Khan and my literature-loving heart is just delighted!

Alia Misthaven

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
The Easter Eggs have reached a new peak in Empyrea, mashing up Trek, Coleridge, classic comics, Shakespeare, vintage rock... shameless and fun. I haven't laughed this much since Avalon. Please give the writers a nice Christmas bonus and some vacation time. Story-wise, it's going to be hard to top the Malistaire Darkmoor ending and the finish of KR, but so far, so good.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I'm currently enjoying the Zigi Stardust story, even beyond the rich Bowie references. Empyria is thus far visually disappointing after the past few worlds, but the writing and gameplay are stellar.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I'm a Star Trek fan and I love how the story line took after the Movie: Wrath of Khan..

Professor Falmea, My curious Question is Why is Emprea part 1 and part 2 ??

Administrator
Our writing Wizards thank you all for your feedback! New topic shortly...

SailorIce - if you're having trouble with quest helper, contact Customer Support and they can collect your info and help us investigate!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea