Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How can I defeat Shadow Trickster?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I can't seem to defeat Shadow Trickster, I desperately need advice and tips.
1. I'm a Level 120 Death School Wizard equipped with Mirage gear and 2 items from the Professors Hoard Pack; The Death Wand & Dworgyn's Boots
2. My pet gives me a Blade & Feint.
3. What defenses or power cards ( or TC ) do I need?
Any advice and strategy will be most appreciated, but please don't tell me to go farm for "such- and- such" an item.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
o: I am Death too, what I did was just blade and hit with Lulu.

I didn't use converts though, but I suggest you do because he seems to resist Death. (I think)

Use Sharpened Death Blades, Normal Death blades, any pet blade, Sharpened Spirit Blades, Normal Spirit Blades and TC blades.

Use the aura 'Vengeance' to have more chance of a critical hit. Feint him as well, but I don't think it's needed because he doesn't have too much health, but do it just in case.

End it off with Lulu, Sorrow or Qismah's Curse. If you don't get a shadow pip, with Dr. Von's Monster or King Art.

Good luck! o:

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
The best thing you can do is have a small deck. That is key to a boss like this who criticals almost every hit and thus deals a lot of damage overtime. What you want is
-2 death blades
-2 feints
-1 sharpen blade
-1 potent trap
-1 aura of virulence.
-2 epics
-1 call of khurulu
-1 king art

In your tc you can put in 2 tc tower shields, Leave 2 wand hits equipped so you can discard those to draw from your sideboard. The strategy is to stack buffs. Once you have all your buffs stacked a hit will kill. I recommend putting your feints up first. Once your feints are up or if he gains a shadow pip/ 8 pips put up a tower shield. If he is at 4 pips or lower after your feints, stack the 2 blades. Then kill with king a or khurulu.

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Pack a smaller deck if you want but really all I remember doing is blade and feint stacking. I ended up using Lulu but Qismah would have worked just as well, if not better.

Pack some death blade and feint tcs and don't use feints on the first round, since he would use a self hitting spell to get rid of it.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Thank you all for the good advice, I'll certainly try this & let you know if I succeed.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Mirajane7887 on Nov 9, 2017 wrote:
o: I am Death too, what I did was just blade and hit with Lulu.

I didn't use converts though, but I suggest you do because he seems to resist Death. (I think)

Use Sharpened Death Blades, Normal Death blades, any pet blade, Sharpened Spirit Blades, Normal Spirit Blades and TC blades.

Use the aura 'Vengeance' to have more chance of a critical hit. Feint him as well, but I don't think it's needed because he doesn't have too much health, but do it just in case.

End it off with Lulu, Sorrow or Qismah's Curse. If you don't get a shadow pip, with Dr. Von's Monster or King Art.

Good luck! o:
He does have a very HIGH resist to Death spells. ( and he steals pips but not shadow. )

Hero
May 27, 2009
Here's how I beat the Shadow Trickster on my Life wizard, since I couldn't seem to save up pips without getting hit for either Bugs or Mana Burn. Pack a bazillion tower shields - both trained and treasure, and keep hitting him with 4-5 pip spells between shielding. For those whose skill set doesn't include efficient "small deck" thinking, this shielding and steadily whittling down his health may work like it did for me. I think I finally thought of this and succeeded on my fifth try.

Also - it's important to restart the battle so that you go first!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
OH MY GOSH Complete and utter victory! I can't thank all of you enough, that hint about thinning my deck and using a prism made all the difference! You Gals & Guys rule!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
Here's how I beat the Shadow Trickster on my Life wizard, since I couldn't seem to save up pips without getting hit for either Bugs or Mana Burn. Pack a bazillion tower shields - both trained and treasure, and keep hitting him with 4-5 pip spells between shielding. For those whose skill set doesn't include efficient "small deck" thinking, this shielding and steadily whittling down his health may work like it did for me. I think I finally thought of this and succeeded on my fifth try.

Also - it's important to restart the battle so that you go first!

Thank you, Willowy, for taking the time to pass on your knowledge, as you can see, I've managed to beat that trickster!
Now it's time for me to buy crowns to unlock Empyrea!

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
OH MY GOSH Complete and utter victory! I can't thank all of you enough, that hint about thinning my deck and using a prism made all the difference! You Gals & Guys rule!
:D Awesome!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
Yay! Glad that you made it!

Alia Misthaven