Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Double Gardening Rewards?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Double Pet EXP just got over a while ago, so when will the next gardening rewards come? Got my plants ready at elder o:

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Double pet training usually comes around once a month, typically on a weekend towards the end of the month. (Sometimes they trade it out for something else, like double monstrology.)

Double gardening happens 3-4 times per year. In 2017, we had double gardening rewards in March, June, and September. Going by that pattern, the next event should happen some time in December.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
With this event I still wonder why one pack of mega snacks cost 5 USD.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
FurryFool on Nov 7, 2017 wrote:
With this event I still wonder why one pack of mega snacks cost 5 USD.
The logic is that you're paying for a short cut.

Mega snacks are available from gardening and farming some dungeons.

Best plants for Mega Snacks:
Evil Magma Peas
Couch Potatoes
Sword Ferns
Deadly Helephant Ears
Prickly Bear Cactus
Maelstrom Snapdragons
Frozen Fly Trap
White Tiger Lily

You can get Couch Potatoes for free from Red Couch Potatoes, which drop all over the place in Polaris and Mirage. If you're not in Polaris yet, you can buy regular Couch Potatoes directly in the Crown shop, or win them rarely in battle in places like Grizzleheim (Ferocious Wild Claws drop them!). Many people say they are the very best source of mega snacks, since they are so easy to care for and it is possible to get them for free in the higher worlds.

Deadly Helephant Ears sometimes drop from Ultra Helephant Ears, which in turn drop from regular ones.

Sword Ferns are mostly a Crown shop plant, but they do turn up in battle and fishing chests. They give Hambrosia, a mega snack worth 50xp.

Evil Magma Peas are mostly Crown shop, but give the widest variety of mega snacks. They give Frozen Yogurt at elder, another mega snack worth 50xp, plus several others worth 35xp-45xp.

Maelstrom Snap Dragons, Prickly Bear Cactus and Frozen Fly Traps are frequently dropped and also available from gardener moles for gold. Prickly Bears give Sun Fruit and a couple of other mega snacks worth 25xp. Frozen Fly Traps sometimes give the Frozen Yogurt mega snack at elder. (They also drop Diamonds and Grendel Weed, two very rare reagents!) White Tiger Lilies are rare drops, but do give the Frozen Yogurt mega snack at elder.

Alia Misthaven

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Freshta on Nov 7, 2017 wrote:
The logic is that you're paying for a short cut.

Mega snacks are available from gardening and farming some dungeons.

Best plants for Mega Snacks:
Evil Magma Peas
Couch Potatoes
Sword Ferns
Deadly Helephant Ears
Prickly Bear Cactus
Maelstrom Snapdragons
Frozen Fly Trap
White Tiger Lily

You can get Couch Potatoes for free from Red Couch Potatoes, which drop all over the place in Polaris and Mirage. If you're not in Polaris yet, you can buy regular Couch Potatoes directly in the Crown shop, or win them rarely in battle in places like Grizzleheim (Ferocious Wild Claws drop them!). Many people say they are the very best source of mega snacks, since they are so easy to care for and it is possible to get them for free in the higher worlds.

Deadly Helephant Ears sometimes drop from Ultra Helephant Ears, which in turn drop from regular ones.

Sword Ferns are mostly a Crown shop plant, but they do turn up in battle and fishing chests. They give Hambrosia, a mega snack worth 50xp.

Evil Magma Peas are mostly Crown shop, but give the widest variety of mega snacks. They give Frozen Yogurt at elder, another mega snack worth 50xp, plus several others worth 35xp-45xp.

Maelstrom Snap Dragons, Prickly Bear Cactus and Frozen Fly Traps are frequently dropped and also available from gardener moles for gold. Prickly Bears give Sun Fruit and a couple of other mega snacks worth 25xp. Frozen Fly Traps sometimes give the Frozen Yogurt mega snack at elder. (They also drop Diamonds and Grendel Weed, two very rare reagents!) White Tiger Lilies are rare drops, but do give the Frozen Yogurt mega snack at elder.

Alia Misthaven
Do Red Couch Potatoes really drop normal Couch Potatoes? I checked on the Wiki page it isn't mentioned anywhere.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Mirajane7887 on Nov 8, 2017 wrote:
Do Red Couch Potatoes really drop normal Couch Potatoes? I checked on the Wiki page it isn't mentioned anywhere.
They do!

I was pretty shocked when it happened, but can confirm I got 2 regular couch potatoes out of planting about 6 - 8 red ones. I was trying to get rid of all the seeds that accumulated in Mirage and seriously never expected the reds would give back a regular at times.

Alia Misthaven

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Freshta on Nov 8, 2017 wrote:
They do!

I was pretty shocked when it happened, but can confirm I got 2 regular couch potatoes out of planting about 6 - 8 red ones. I was trying to get rid of all the seeds that accumulated in Mirage and seriously never expected the reds would give back a regular at times.

Alia Misthaven
o: I just started questing in Empyrea and I've already gotten quite a few. So do they drop at elder or mature?

Lol sorry for asking this. This is pretty big news for me o:

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Mirajane7887 on Nov 9, 2017 wrote:
o: I just started questing in Empyrea and I've already gotten quite a few. So do they drop at elder or mature?

Lol sorry for asking this. This is pretty big news for me o:
They drop at elder, on the rare occasion.

It was very surprising, because I was only trying to get rid of all the red couch potatoes that had filled up my backpack.

Alia Misthaven

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Freshta on Nov 9, 2017 wrote:
They drop at elder, on the rare occasion.

It was very surprising, because I was only trying to get rid of all the red couch potatoes that had filled up my backpack.

Alia Misthaven
Thanks so much for all the information! :)