Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you get successful at pvp?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2013
So I just got back into playing W101 after a year and I had never really tried ranked PvP and so I am just wondering, how do you get so good at it? Does it require spending crowns to get the best gear? I see players with all crowns equipment and I am wondering if there is a way not spend crowns to be successful? I faced a wizard who was a lower level than me and I figured I would win, until he resisted half of every damage spell that I cast on him including boosting the spells with blades and traps. Please someone give me a brief explanation on how to be successful and what it takes to be successful in PvP. Thanks!

- James Fireheart

Survivor
Jun 18, 2015
James Fireheart10 on Nov 6, 2017 wrote:
So I just got back into playing W101 after a year and I had never really tried ranked PvP and so I am just wondering, how do you get so good at it? Does it require spending crowns to get the best gear? I see players with all crowns equipment and I am wondering if there is a way not spend crowns to be successful? I faced a wizard who was a lower level than me and I figured I would win, until he resisted half of every damage spell that I cast on him including boosting the spells with blades and traps. Please someone give me a brief explanation on how to be successful and what it takes to be successful in PvP. Thanks!

- James Fireheart
it takes practice and time you can do it by getting better gear and levels you dont want crown gear it normally isn't any good using treasure cards in your side deck you have to learn as a storm we basically bolt spam to win in max pvp right now thats how we rank up yea we lose a lot though too

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
alexisawesomfdfe on Nov 19, 2017 wrote:
it takes practice and time you can do it by getting better gear and levels you dont want crown gear it normally isn't any good using treasure cards in your side deck you have to learn as a storm we basically bolt spam to win in max pvp right now thats how we rank up yea we lose a lot though too
Crown gear isn't normally any good? Since when? You seem to know a lot about pvp. I'm curious to know your level and rank since you seem to know what we all should do when it comes to pvp

Survivor
Jul 27, 2017
i don't think the game is the greatest for pvp at least it does not seem that way from the looks of things on the message boards and from what people say

Survivor
Sep 10, 2016
I would like to know why a lot of the time I have to pvp vs a warlord when I am a novice...

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
it all depends who is in the queue.
low level-high rank VS high level-low rank
So if you are level 90 for example
You will get matches with wizards
89 and below with high rank OR 91 and above with low rank.
You will also get some your level, with in a few ranks up or down.
If you get a match with a rank higher than you are, they are lower level.
best advice is to watch other pvp, especially the warlords and see how they use the cards.
Gives you an idea of what to put in your deck and what gear you need.
After the match you can click on the players (if they don't leave real quick) and see what they are wearing.
Good luck.

Explorer
May 20, 2012
you can't get just get good at pvp because it is so messed up by cheaters.