Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Will the Level 50 Elixir work w/ linked accounts?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 01, 2012
Background: I have experience using the Level 50 Elixir. It was one of the greatest decisions I've made by far! My younger sister has a wizard, too, and she wants to use the Level 50 Elixir. The only problem is that she has a separate account. Even though our accounts are financially linked, I don't know if the Level 50 Elixir will work for her because she does not have a wizard on her account that is above level 50.

QUESTION: Will the Level 50 Elixir work with linked accounts if one account does have a wizard above level 50 and the other wizard doesn't? And if the wizard whom I would like to boost to level 50 does not have any wizards above level 50 on their account?

I hope someone can help me in the comments because I do not want to purchase $50 worth of crowns until I am certain that it will work for linked accounts under this circumstance.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I think your sister has to get at least one wizard on her account to level 50 the 'long way.' In other words, she has to quest at least one wizard through the game up to level 50 before the elixir becomes available. After she gets one wizard to level 50, then she can use the elixir on any other character she creates.

Since you've already got higher leveled wizards, maybe you could log in and quest with your sister to help her reach level 50 faster on the highest wizard she currently has. If she skips the side quests and works only on the main quest line, she'll level up faster. (Do make sure she doesn't skip spell quests, though. Those are really important!)

Alia Misthaven

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
bobcatalex1 on Nov 6, 2017 wrote:
Background: I have experience using the Level 50 Elixir. It was one of the greatest decisions I've made by far! My younger sister has a wizard, too, and she wants to use the Level 50 Elixir. The only problem is that she has a separate account. Even though our accounts are financially linked, I don't know if the Level 50 Elixir will work for her because she does not have a wizard on her account that is above level 50.

QUESTION: Will the Level 50 Elixir work with linked accounts if one account does have a wizard above level 50 and the other wizard doesn't? And if the wizard whom I would like to boost to level 50 does not have any wizards above level 50 on their account?

I hope someone can help me in the comments because I do not want to purchase $50 worth of crowns until I am certain that it will work for linked accounts under this circumstance.
No. You must have at least a level 50 on any account you intend to redeem the elixir on,

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/august2016

Survivor
Dec 01, 2012
Hey guys! Thanks for the responses. I will confirm, for future wizards curious, that you do need to have a wizard above level 50 on the account (even if you are linked with somebody who has a wizard above level 50.

Again, thanks for the replies. I didn't think anyone would read this.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
bobcatalex1 on Nov 7, 2017 wrote:
Hey guys! Thanks for the responses. I will confirm, for future wizards curious, that you do need to have a wizard above level 50 on the account (even if you are linked with somebody who has a wizard above level 50.

Again, thanks for the replies. I didn't think anyone would read this.
Thanks for confirming! Had a couple friends who were curious about this very thing..