Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 10, 2017
i'm a fire wizard. my first class is a fire so i was wondering what is the fire school pet when you get on level 48, i know that every school is different, i seen a few people with the pet hydra which is a cool looking pet, and mount by the way. so my question is can anybody get the pet hydra even if there second class is balance, or do your primarily class have to be the balance one..... I'm a level 30 fire wizard! i got an idea that i wanna try, its to breed the pet hydra with the fire school class pet just to see what it can breed into....

Survivor
Aug 08, 2016
Your primary school has to be Balance in order to get the pet. If you want to breed, you'll have to find someone with a pet Hydra willing to breed.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
Good morning,

You only get your primary schools pets. You will be getting a Helephant which is just a fire elephant.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Your level 48 Fire school pet will be a Helephant.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Helephant#axzz4xWpbbxma

You will not be able to get a Hydra unless you have a Balance wizard yourself that you get to level 48, or hatch with another Balance wizard who has a Hydra.

It is possible to get a unique Hydra/Helephant hybrid pet by hatching them together. The new pet is called a Helion, and it is a deep blue 'hydra' with three, bright red heads.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Helion#axzz4xWpbbxma

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
May 09, 2017
hiya772 on Nov 5, 2017 wrote:
i'm a fire wizard. my first class is a fire so i was wondering what is the fire school pet when you get on level 48, i know that every school is different, i seen a few people with the pet hydra which is a cool looking pet, and mount by the way. so my question is can anybody get the pet hydra even if there second class is balance, or do your primarily class have to be the balance one..... I'm a level 30 fire wizard! i got an idea that i wanna try, its to breed the pet hydra with the fire school class pet just to see what it can breed into....
hey there,

in answer to your questions:

- the pet that you get at level 48 fire is the helephant pet, it requires you to do a certain set of quest(s) and will take 18 hours to hatch. Once you have obtained the egg itself.

- as the helephant is a school specific pet, same with hydra. You can only get the hydra pet if you are balance. Or if you hatch with someone that has a hydra pet.

I really like that you can create a whole bunch of different hybrids of pets over the course of the game. There is a hybrid that exists between hydra and helephant.
The pet mix that you talk about would create a plague oni pet.

Here is the wiki page that lists all hybrids you can create with the helephant

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Helephant#axzz4xUwpNkI1

Happy hatching! :)

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome To The Message Boards!

Now, on to your query.

As a Pyromancer, at level 48, after completing your school quest given to you by your school professor, you'll be rewarded with two things.
A Spell (Fire Dragon; one of the most useful spells for Pyromancers throughout the entire game) and a Pet.
Your pet in this case will be a baby helephant. It's the same spell you learned at level 42, now, you just have a pet version of it. Like you implied, Sorcerers will get a pet Hydra. So, yes, you have to be a to get this pet as it is also school only - can only be equipped by students of that particular school.

Now, it is possible to hatch these two pets and get what is called an Hybrid. The hybrid is a mixture/combination of both pets resulting in a different pet being cultivated. You'll have a chance of getting either a Plague Oni (Brown Helephant) or a Helion (Red Looking Hydra). There also exists a chance of you getting back your regular helephant as well.

So, there you go. If your intentions are that of breeding, then you should be a little excited to know that you can gain different pets from hatching the school level 48 pets together.

Good Luck!