Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet attribute question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 04, 2011
i might be overthinking this a bit but how does increasing a pet's attribute help? does it increase a talent that it affects for example if i increase agility then it will increase the resistance my pet gives? and by how much? would it be better to increase power it just seems confusing

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The stats on the pet make some talents stronger. They don't affect 'may cast' talents, only ones with numbers and percentages.

For example, resist talents like spellproof depend on having high strength, agility and power. The closer to 250 all three of those stats get, the closer to 10% your pet's spellproof talent will be.

Critical talents depend on will and agility (damage) or will and strength (critical block), plus power.

Damage talents depend on strength and will, plus power.

Accuracy depends on intellect and agility, plus power.

Hopefully that helps you understand a little better. In general, you want your pet's stats to be above 200 at minimum, but if you can get them all the way to 250 (or even beyond that), your pet's talents will be at their maximum strength.

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
A pet attribute can help, though some do not if your pet has no abilities in that statistic. If you have a pet that give a resist protection, say Resist life attacks as a first talent, at 2% resist, if you train it in the stats that say they boost resist, when it levels up, it will get a stronger resist than if you did not train those stats. If you got a pet talent that boosts the max on those talents, then you can get the resist stronger than if you didn't have that pet talent. If you got a pet that for all it's talents ONLY got the pet stat increases, but had no talents that use those stats, it wouldn't do much. I got a Frostzilla like that, if it had only gotten ONE talent that boosted attack, or strength, or resist, or heal, it would have had one strong talent, but it didn't. Boosting Power always seems to help. Sorry I can't answer about exactly how much it helps. Maybe someone else can give the numbers.