Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A small Death school buff

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 29, 2010
I've noticed from years of playing that the Death school is a little underwhelming in many cases. It's stuck in this sort of limbo between a warlock play style and a necromancer play style. Warlock on one hand turns life force into power (Bad Juju as example) while on the other hand necromancer uses power and turns it into life force (Vampire for example). For this post I will be focusing more on the necromancer play style and if I do post in the future I'll branch off into the warlock play style. Now, with the necromancer branch of the Death school you aren't particularly healing a who lot which creates a great deficit in the gameplay of death. The concept of death is that it's supposed to work as a machine that's able to survive for long instances while pumping out devastating blows when the time arises. To make this simple, I will be specifically focusing on the Vampire spell and how it doesn't really pack a punch. I've thought of many ways to buff Vampire from it just simply being given more damage to it giving you a separate health pool resource when it heals you. I've come to enjoy a simple concept that should practically be universal for all the steal health spells like Vampire. And it's this: treat the steal health mechanic like an actual heal. When you critical a Vampire, whether your opponent blocks it or not, it should still heal you for double as like any other healing spell would when getting that critical off.

Now this is just my idea, some of you probably could list a hundred ways to buff the death school. I would like to hear everyone's opinion, and yes, I'm very open to constructive criticism. Thank you.