Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New World and Test Realm

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
So when is the new world coming out in general? Like not in the test realm?

I heard from my friend back in like August or September that it would come out. Cause this was before my birthday which was in October. He said it would come out next month. Now he's telling me that its not coming out in general until the last week of Nov. Cause I mentioned to him before I was level 120.If he could wait for me to reach that far. He told that couldn't wait that long. So the new world should of came out in August or September or the beginning of October.

Another thing, How come the test realms comes out first before it does in general? Even if you complete it in the test realm. You still have to do it all over again in general. Why can't the test realms and the general gameplay come out the same time? So the people that don't do the test realms have to wait even longer for the actual game to come out. I don't know how long the test realms last for.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Test realm is beta testing. When test opens, the main thing we do is look for bugs, glitches, crashes, plot and quest oversights, and things that aren't working right in general. We are testing the new content to make sure it's ready for the main release.

Those of us who run it know that we'll have to repeat the content when the game goes live, but we run it anyway because it's a fun and challenging sneak peak at what's coming. As we play, we give feedback directly through a bug-reporting feature. All of our testing helps get the game ready for everyone else.

Test realms usually last about 3 weeks, but can go on longer if there's a buggy problem that needs squashing.

Your friend misled you if he suggested the new world would release in August, Sep or Oct. From Celestia forward, new worlds typically come out in mid-November. KingsIsle will probably try to have it out before Thanksgiving at the latest, but it could be ready a week or two before then.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
That makes sense now. But thank you for explaining it to me

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
how do i download the test realm i cant find the link anywhere

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
hotboy116 on Jan 10, 2018 wrote:
Best sources are either here, or on Wizard101Central.

When they close the Test Realm, they also disable all links to having the Test Realm from being active.

And like Khrysalis, Empyrea is a two-part world.

Timothy Pearlflower, Champion Ice

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
hotboy116 on Jan 10, 2018 wrote:
Test realm is not currently open.

When it is open, as you log into these bulletin boards you will see a red banner in the upper right corner that says "Sneak Peek!" It will have a link that you can click to get to the update notes, describing what new content is out for testing. From there, you can click to download the test realm client and log in using your regular user ID and password.

Whatever happens on test realm stays there and does not impact your regular character or game.

Alia Misthaven

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
To the OP: In addition to what Freshta and I have been saying, there may be requirements on what level your wizard is before they allow you to test it.

When I tried the Test of Khrysalis, my wizard had the requirement of beating Malistaire in the comet over Azteca.

I haven't done the test realm in over 2 years, so they may have changed the requirements.

Prof. Greyrose is one of the best advisers on test realm and what requirements are needed.

Timothy Pearlflower, L122 Ice Champion