Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 10-20-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello everyone! It's Friday, and it's been an exciting week! Now, it's time for feedback, so let's do that!

This week we launched our Fall Update, with a ton of things, including Empyrea! Well, the Arc crashed a little too hard on Wednesday night, but we've since righted the ship. Thanks for your patience! So, this week, I'll ask everyone - What are you most excited about in the Fall Update (besides the new world). More inventory space? New deck sorting options? New spells available for crafting and on the Loremaster? Let us know!

Have a wonderful weekend Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Since, my wizard is still in Avalon and Empyrea is further down the road, I'm looking forward to the new spells and sorting ability.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
The part of this update I'm excited for, is, hands down, the world. The crossover with star trek and batman was awesome, and I recognized the star wars reference.

Quinn Ashward
Lvl. 120

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Professor Falmea on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:
Hello everyone! It's Friday, and it's been an exciting week! Now, it's time for feedback, so let's do that!

This week we launched our Fall Update, with a ton of things, including Empyrea! Well, the Arc crashed a little too hard on Wednesday night, but we've since righted the ship. Thanks for your patience! So, this week, I'll ask everyone - What are you most excited about in the Fall Update (besides the new world). More inventory space? New deck sorting options? New spells available for crafting and on the Loremaster? Let us know!

Have a wonderful weekend Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
A week ago, I really wanted to say that crafting would be my favorite part of the Fall Update besides the new world, but I'm afraid this is not the case.

First, what happened to the Polaris and Mirage crafted gear you said would be in the Fall Update in KI Live? Also, why is the Empyrea crafted gear worse than Zafaria dropped gear? The reason we want crafting in the third arc is so we can have viable gear available to people who don't want to farm Darkmoor or the Exalted gauntlets, but the Empyrea crafted gear in no way can be considered a replacement.

Second, why do we need 5000 arena tickets per character to become a Revered Crafter? I can't even do Tournaments since I'm not a member, and the people who are members already voiced their frustrations about how you shouldn't mix crafting with PvP.

IF you guys lower the Participation Trophy cost to 10-20 arena tickets, AND you buff up the Empyrea crafted gear to rival that of Darkmoor gear, ONLY THEN will I say that the crafting part of this update is a complete success. Until then, I'm afraid I can't say that this update will be my favorite.

In other news, I bought 5000 crowns so I can buy an Expand Backpack elixir on my Fire and Storm in Live, and I'm really looking forward to continuing to decorate my houses since Castle Magic will gain its own separate 100 space!

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
more inventory space and the new opportunities now with crafting.

Daniel
Champion Necromancer

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
To tell the truth, the ONLY thing I see worthwhile is Loremaster dropping more spells.
From what I've seen and heard, the new crafted gear is useless. Inventory space might come in handy, but since I feed it to my pets I guess I'll never need it.
The deck options are confusing at first, but I guess we'll just have to get used to it.
Some of the crafting recipes are beyond a joke. Forcing someone to PVP when they HATE PVP is a good way to drive away PAYING players. Please re-think this.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
The Beastman Fight Club Gauntlet...

And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight!

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
Love the new extra space in bank and backpack options. I was very disappointed though that there are no additional equipment gear sets. Looks like right now we are still limited to 9, and i wish that were doubled.

The other pleasant surprise is the jewel drops in empyrea. So far the pet jewel drops have been the higher level ones - that normally require your pet to be ultra level. As anyone who has crafted these jewels knows, it is hard to get the jewel that you really want without blowing through most of the reagents (like steel). It is not unusual to have to craft a dozen high level jewels before you get that assailant jewel which you really wanted. And then you have 10 leftover jewels that pretty much become pet food since your jewel bank is already full from previously "failed" jewel crafts. So Empyrea is going to save me a lot of high level pet jewel crafting - an unexpected but very welcome bonus.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Can we please remove the fact that we have to do PVP to progress our crafting level? I don't think that is a good idea at all and plenty of other people agree with me. Those 2 things are so unrelated.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2016
I like the TC organization

I have to say I hate the crafting, I don't think you should mix it with PVP, I personally don't like PVP and will not be crafting if it stays that way. If you want it to be more difficult, add more difficult reagents. Keep crafting as crafting. Don't mix.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
The ability to copy a deck setup. I also think realm locking is pretty convenient, but not for reasons I'm capable of explaining.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
HANDS DOWN I'm beyond excited for more inventory space. as someone who is constantly stuck with full gold and full backpacks/banks its a bLESSING

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I'm hoping you guys also made Loremaster a bit more nicer in teaching us her spells instead of us spending hours farming, to no avail.

With that said, the new crafting options and spells are always a welcome!

Survivor
May 16, 2013
For me, it's got to be the extra slots for castle magic and pet crumbs. That'll give me so much room to do even more cool things in my houses. I had nearly 100 slots open up in my most thoroughly decorated homes that had been packed to 350 with bread crumbs and castle magic. Huge, huge change.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
I can't wait until Empyrea arrives but the thing I'm looking forward to the most is actually the crafting. I've become quite determined to harvest a good amount of Amber to craft the spells that aren't available from the professors / scholars for each of my Wizards.

That brings me to my idea: Create a new NPC that exclusively sells permanent spell recipes in the Arcanum.

The Arcanum is a lot like a College / University that has it's own Library, Potion Master, Treasure Card Seller, and Scholars much like Ravenwood. But what would set it apart from it's High School counterpart is the inclusion of a NPC who sells spells that're already available from other Spell Vendors throughout the spiral but with additional variation spells and spells found exclusively through treasure cards. Wizards learn more spells and schools with fewer attack spells can have a chance to grow their offensive decks.

It would also be great for the library to REALLY become accessible for people to read from. Meaning that we're able to go back and re-read the lore of each world that we've already read throughout the spiral.It could be a new badge called "Spiral Loremaster" once we've gained access to that wide range of knowledge.

The Arcanum is supposed to represent adult hood and independence from what we learned in Ravenwood, why not give us a bit more College / University benefits by inventing more ways to study, learn, and grow our knowledge of the Spiral and our respective schools of Magic.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Happy to get an opportunity to thank you without making a thank you thread (which I had mulled over doing recently.)

Thank you for the fun things and for the updates.

I am glad I made a decision not to quest more on my max because the quest give so many points which will be very useful once there is a max increase in the next update. It didn't take long! So I just have to wait a bit more. Until then I'm fishing or whatever else strikes my fancy (team ups, pet games, shopping, exploring, home decorating. Lol)

So the max level increase is much appreciated!

Also more room in backpacks and banks are always welcome. I realize that if those were real we couldn't move around because our backpacks are so full. But hey, we can just say 'wizard magic' at carrying 200 items including furniture and houses on our backs

I also like the ability to sort treasure cards into schools. It was becoming unwieldy to sort through, and at times embarrassing to make others wait just before battle as I look all around my TC.

I don't like the recipe for the item that requires tickets. I don't PVP. 5000 arena tickets? I will never have those. Even people who PVP are saying that's ridiculous (sorry.)

I am neutral on Loremaster. I don't farm it.

I wasn't able to visit Empyrea so cannot comment on that part.

Thanks for the updates.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I also like the name puns throughout Wizard 101.

I recognized the reference in "baba bahooie" or whatever right away. Someone at KI is a Howard Stern fan.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
I love crafting but forcing me to do PVP or pet games for tickets is a little ridiculous. I have tried PVP some but when you are trying to do PVP at level 120 and have never done it you are never going to win. I have been trying just keep loosing. Unless you change how PVP is done with higher level novices. Possible change again? The different strategy involved with PVP is not clear nor explained well anywhere. I have looked this up. I play Balance which takes some finesse to play well as well as being handicapped a little when it comes to damage you get the picture. Also not big on pet games to get tickets so that may be a little cumbersome if you have to get to a certain level with pet training to get what you need.

Fishing I do not mind so much as that has been a part of crafting for a while now. Annoying but understandable.

Also farming loremaster is gets a little old when she never seems to drop spells. I wound up crafting most of them. However, since you can not craft TC required for a few of the newer spells why not?

Since I am already a Champion crafter and brought back the legendary weapon I crafted to Ignus why am I being asked to do it again? Could not follow up on this since I logged into the test realm a little late and it was shut down for maintenance.

Found the new deck system a little odd. Why gardening spells in your deck you can not use them? That should be the TC section which I could not find with the new interface.

Want a real update for spells to give Balance their +10 pierce spell like all the other schools. Kind of an oversight that you just keep ignoring. Just my pet peeve

Are we going to be able to craft critical jewels now?
How about an additional castle slot for leveling up to say 100 you get 4?
Can we finally craft whopper multi-tanks?

I will check out the test realm next week and give some more feedback. I have been playing since 2010, spent a year on the European servers before restarting in the US.
Valarian 120 Balance

Explorer
May 03, 2016
change the crafting quest. it wants us to craft our school wand but i, myself and some of my friends have already crafted those wands. could we have something else like a housing item or something.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
On the positive side:

1) Adore the Star Trek themes and puns. I literally laughed out loud when heading off to rescue Jame T Pork and, coming around the corner in Azteca, who should I run into but Beans! Kirk-n-Bones, Pork-n-Beans. Hooray for puns and pop-culture references.

2) Didn't get far into Empyrea because of the console bug/cut scene loop ... but do love the mysterious and rainy atmosphere from what little I was able to see. I can't wait to find the 'Chaos/Heart of Darkness' hidden deep within the jungle.

3) Really appreciate the extra bank space!

4) Love finally being able to sort through and quick-sell treasure cards, even ones that are "no auction."

5) The scenery, story-telling and animation are truly top-notch. Your team just keeps getting better and better in that regard.

Now for constructive criticism:

1) The Revered Crafting recipe calls for PVP trophies, purchased at a cost of 1000 arena tickets apiece. I'm guessing you set the arena ticket price a long time ago and no one bothered to check that when they decided buying 5 trophies was a great idea. It's a terrible idea! To earn 5000 arena tickets via daily assignment will take 7 years for non-members. Members can probably get it done in about 5 years because of occasional double rewards. That's still unreasonable. Either select a much cheaper item to buy, reduce the tickets needed to get trophies, or scrap this idea entirely.

2) The crafted gear for level 120 has half the health and damage that crafted gear at level 96 had. Half. Worse, it completely lacks resist, accuracy, pips, shadow pips and critical block. Wearing this will get us KILLED. The whole point in crafting gear is to give us something to use while questing in PVE; if this is all that you're offering, then there's no point to offering us crafted gear at all.

Thank you for listening, I hope you will take these criticisms in the constructive way they're intended. Overall, the update is great.

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Definitely the increased space! Both the Backpack Elixir and the increased bank space have been a long time coming. :)

I'm really excited to further explore what Empyrea has to offer and want to thank you and your team for all your hard work on this!

Survivor
Mar 27, 2011
Like many others, I'm not happy about tying crafting to PvP. I don't do PvP. I will NEVER do PvP. Please keep PvP and crafting separate.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Definitely the separate space counter for Castle Magic and bread crumbs. I know just what I am going to add to my house with my new extra space! Extra bank space is also very much appreciated, thank you!

I do want to add that the new reagent costing arena tickets is going to make it impossible for me to complete the new crafting level. I am a crowns player and so doing the derby or PvP is simply not worth the crowns for me especially since it isn't what I want to do with my time. Collecting enough tickets through daily assignments or the occasional fishing tournament will take actual years for just one wizard. That is ridiculous. Crafting is supposed to take patience but not that much! I like how you added a new level of difficulty to crafting by adding different sources for reagents such as fishing and silver chests but arena tickets shouldn't be one of them. It excludes far too many people. If you want to keep the reagent, create a recipe vendor that just sells awesome crafted pvp gear. That way it encourages pvp players to keep doing tournaments and matches but lets those not interested in pvp continue on in crafting.

Moira Stormheart

Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
At first I was super excited for the new craftable gear, that was until I started test realm and saw first hand what the crafted gear was and to sum it up it was a huge disappointment, in terms of appearance, the gear was just ugly and the stats are just terrible, the crafted gear from khrysalis was way better than the new craftable gear added in empyrea. Another major disappointment was the revered wands, it seems that the people who designed the new wands were just lazy because they are 100% identical to the legendary weapons and the new stats are just sub-par; not only that but the fact that participation trophies are required to craft the new revered wands is just pointless because it costs arena tickets to get the trophies and not everyone does pvp so for those of us that don't pvp you've basically made it impossible for us to craft the new wands. Pvp and crafting should NEVER mix, if the purpose of making participation trophies cost arena tickets was to make them a tough reagent to get then congratulations you succeeded in making them tough to get but you've made it impossible for non-pvp players to get them. Reagents like steel and brass are already very hard to come by, so why not make getting participation trophies be the same as getting steel or brass that way it's still a tough reagent to get but it's possible for every player to get that reagent and craft whatever they want to craft that's asking for participation trophies in the recipe.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2014
I'm most excited about all the new updates and what is to come to the spiral, but if you guys read this can you please fix the cloak dispel issue. Most people are taking advantage of that problem can you please fix that its so annoying specially when you go second to someone that is set to your school with wards pets and cloak dispels, since you don't get a dispel shield.