Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Catfish

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Maybe it is revenge for the day I ate one of them. It was pretty good though, fried and crispy.

But I cannot catch a single catfish.

I think my fishing level is intermediate? I have purchased all the fishing spells I could in the past. I can tell which school is one is, etc. (I don't think I have the spell to see which level the fish are.)

I looked online, and it seems the places include 2 spots in Zafaria and also the pond in The Commons, Wizard City.

Do any of the houses have catfish?
Sentinel fish kept getting my bait in Zafaria. I caught a few fish despite that, but they were not Catfish.

In the pond in The Commons I keep catching ice fish even though I'm using a fire lure. (Catfish is fire school.)

Any tips? Thanks.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Use winnow fire fish, if you do not have that use reveal fish school, the Catfish are on the side of the pond in WC where the rainbow bridge (not under the bridge, but the big part of the pond on that side) is, probably only 2 or 3 spawn per pond though, so you need to focus on Fire school fish! WC is probably a better bet than Zafaria in my opinion!

Good luck!

Hero
May 02, 2009
Try using Winnow Fire Fish (scare away all but Fire school fish) when hunting for Catfish (or other fire school fish) as well as a Fire school lure to increase your odds of catching the fire school fish. Other than that though it all comes down to luck.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Thank you both so much!

Do I get the winnow fish spell from Lucky in the Commons?

Thank you. (I will go and look but this also could help others. Thank you so much, again, for your help!)

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
The winnow school fish spells are in the labyrinth at a "secret trainer", Timor Flamecaster, well he is not really hidden though, you do not have to do the dungeon you can simply go in and talk to him! You need to be rank 3 in fishing to purchase the spells

Survivor
May 09, 2017
SparkleTude on Oct 17, 2017 wrote:
Maybe it is revenge for the day I ate one of them. It was pretty good though, fried and crispy.

But I cannot catch a single catfish.

I think my fishing level is intermediate? I have purchased all the fishing spells I could in the past. I can tell which school is one is, etc. (I don't think I have the spell to see which level the fish are.)

I looked online, and it seems the places include 2 spots in Zafaria and also the pond in The Commons, Wizard City.

Do any of the houses have catfish?
Sentinel fish kept getting my bait in Zafaria. I caught a few fish despite that, but they were not Catfish.

In the pond in The Commons I keep catching ice fish even though I'm using a fire lure. (Catfish is fire school.)

Any tips? Thanks.
Did you get it? :)

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
PurpleSpikyOmellet... on Oct 29, 2017 wrote:
Did you get it? :)
Thank you for asking!

Here is what happened next:

I logged on in my wizard that had the recipe for the pogo stick mount.

I tried and tried and caught no catfish in the Commons.

I then looked it up online, to see if fish can transfer via the shared bank. I found out that if you put a fish in a single fish aquarium and then put that same aquarium (fish still in it) into your shared bank it works. When the other wizard on that account picks up the aquarium, and puts it on their land, there is a fish in it! And then they can put that fish into their backpack.

I found that 3 of my wizards had a catfish in a tank or in their backpack. I used the above method to transfer those 3 catfish to my pogo stick wanting wizard.

Then I tried again and somehow the luck rubbed off because this time I was able to catch two catfish on my own.

That made 5 catfish. I was able to make the pogo mount. I rode it all around the Spiral that day in celebration.

Thank you for asking!

Survivor
May 09, 2017
SparkleTude on Oct 30, 2017 wrote:
Thank you for asking!

Here is what happened next:

I logged on in my wizard that had the recipe for the pogo stick mount.

I tried and tried and caught no catfish in the Commons.

I then looked it up online, to see if fish can transfer via the shared bank. I found out that if you put a fish in a single fish aquarium and then put that same aquarium (fish still in it) into your shared bank it works. When the other wizard on that account picks up the aquarium, and puts it on their land, there is a fish in it! And then they can put that fish into their backpack.

I found that 3 of my wizards had a catfish in a tank or in their backpack. I used the above method to transfer those 3 catfish to my pogo stick wanting wizard.

Then I tried again and somehow the luck rubbed off because this time I was able to catch two catfish on my own.

That made 5 catfish. I was able to make the pogo mount. I rode it all around the Spiral that day in celebration.

Thank you for asking!
Haha yay. I'm happy for you that you were able to make it!
There's a weird proud feeling I get from having a mount that I actually made. Lol I like it.

Very interesting that you can do that with fish! Would never have thought that you can do that. Would have thought it might be like the impossibility of moving an item or pet with jewels around.

So well done for finding that out! Cool stuff :D