Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Arcanum Apartment Teleporter Problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2016
Problems with Arcanum apartment teleporters were first reported here in 2016 by others. Here is what happened to me after I received the Arcanum Apartment this week:

1. PROBLEM: Set Arcanum Apartment as destination for a teleporter. Tried to place that teleporter in Serpentine Escape castle. The teleporter destination reset right when I tried to place it (destination setting was lost at that time) and it then it wanted to set the destination in the Serpentine Escape. Tried this three times.

2. PROBLEM: Set Serpentine Escape as destination for a teleporter. Successfully placed the teleporter in Arcanum Apartment. But when using the teleporter, teleport sounds and animation occurred, yet my character did not teleport anywhere (stayed in the Arcanum apartment).

3. SUCCESS: After 20 minutes or so of contemplating ways that I could best use this Arcanum apartment without teleporters (a pretty storage unit maybe?)... I decided to try and "equip" the apartment as my main castle. Just to see what might happen. It worked, and I was able to set up teleporters to and from the Arcanum apartment. Not really sure though if equipping the apartment as my main castle did the trick, or if elapsed time, or something else made it work?

4. PROBLEM: Hours later (with the Arcanum apartment still equipped as my main house), I teleported home from a dungeon (without properly completing the dungeon). The teleporters in the apartment failed to teleport my character (teleport sounds and animation occurred, but my character did not teleport anywhere). So I exited the game, and then returned to find the teleporters working again.

Work-around for #4: Exiting the game may not be feasible in cases when I want to return to a dungeon. So I placed additional teleporters in my Ravenwood dorm. After waiting 30 seconds after teleporting "home" to the Arcanum apartment, I can teleport "home" to the ravenwood dorm. Once in the ravenwood dorm, I can teleport to my other most-used castles.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2016
The exact same teleporter problems occurred with a Dromel Dwelling apartment that I purchased today. Only after I equipped the dromel dwelling as my main castle, was I then able to set up teleporters to and from my Arcanum apartment.

After setting up the teleporters and verifying that they worked properly, I equipped the arcanum apartment as my main castle.

Then, after exiting the game and returning, I appeared in Aggrobah outside the front door. Nothing abnormal about that. But I decided to go inside and use the teleporter. The teleporter did not teleport me anywhere (though it made the teleport sounds and animation). After clicking the "go home" button, I later teleported back to the dromel dwelling using a teleporter. Then when I used the teleporter located in the Dromel Dwelling, it worked again.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2016
More regarding the Dromel Dwelling teleporter problem... The teleporters located in the Dromel Dwelling (that I set up) NEVER work if I exit the game, and then return to the dromel dwelling through the front door. I tested this many times, and it happened every time.

However, right after I use a teleporter to enter the Dromel Dwelling (instead of the front door), the teleporters inside the Dromel Dwelling do then work. But again, once I exit the game and return through the front door, the teleporters inside do not work.

ALSO, after the above tests, I tried a different test to see what happens. I equipped the dromel dwelling as my main castle. Then quit the game. After starting the game back up, I appeared outside the front door of the Dromel Dwelling. I went in and the teleporters inside worked. So the teleporters inside the dromel dwelling only work reliably when the dromel dwelling is equipped as my main castle.

I can work around the teleporter problems, so it is not a big deal. But I thought you would want to know what I have learned so that you can make Wizard101 even more amazing in the future