Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More decorations for holiday events

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
Autumn has always been my favorite time of year and Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. Every year I get so excited about all the Halloween pets and clothing and wands and packs and mounts that return.

One thing I’m not too thrilled on is the decor in the commons and shopping district. Yes the jack-o-lantern, ghosts and cardboard cutouts of various mobs are a nice touch but it still feels really meh.

I’d really like to see much more done in terms of decor. Like the sky above the commons, the shopping district, ravenwood, golem court and olde town becoming a bright cloudy sunset orange color and all the trees turning golden orange and the wind blowing their leaves all over.

The same could even be done during thanksgiving, orange autumn sky, trees with orange leaves, etc.

For christmas time it could be snowing in all the areas I mentioned above or it could simply be snow-covered like colossus blvd, with christmas lights around windows, wreaths on every door, players could even build their own snowmen in multi player areas. Pay 500 gold and design your own snowman for everyone to see in the commons.

Give it clothes, design its face, even enchant it with different glows.

The snowmen will last for about 2 hours before it "melts", allowing another player a chance to build a snowman and every player can only build one snowman for the entire christmas event.

I’ve always loved decorating for the holidays and I’d love to see more decor go into the game during festivities.

Anyone else think the commons could use a little more holiday decor?

~Wolf Nightbreeze~

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Yup, it feels really bland. I think it's past the point for KI to decorate right now, but next year I really hope they do because it's been like this for a long time.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Agree 100%. It does feel pretty meh, and I don't think it would take that much work to add a little oomph to our holidays. Your snowman idea is marvelous! Maybe we could even craft a snowman, or snowwoman, for our house(s), like those mannequins. We could dress them in holiday gear, maybe even give them a holiday wand.

And how fun would it be to jump into piles of autumn leaves neatly gathered in Wizard City or Mooshu?

Hopefully, next year KI will make the holidays really spectacular!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I would not mind seeing more decor and also some new things to do.

It could be this way for two reasons (I am only surmising, though) 1, the recent attacks have left KI exhausted and overwhelmed and they have to catch up on other things and also their real lives and/or 2, in past years there were a lot of complaints that "the game only does USA holidays," which is a thing I hear on every game I've ever tried, which celebrates any holidays.
Well it's a USA company so, that's how it is.
I say they go all out because they are celebrating how they know how to do it, and don't mind if people want their holidays in there too. They can make their own game and do as they wish also.

So yes let's see more decor and fun on the holiday :)

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I've always wondered why just Wizard City is the only world on the spiral that decorates for the holidays.

I mean, Marleybone would be a natural for snow and a Christmas Carol themed dungeon in December.

Brightly lit Wysteria would be a natural for an Easter themed quest (not to mention the rabbit guards probably know the Easter Bunny).

Yes darkening the skies of Wizard City for October and making the whole world look spookier would be nice.

Steven Ghoststalker

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
"I've always wondered why just Wizard City is the only world on the spiral that decorates for the holidays."

It could be because that is the only free to play area that is sort of a gathering spot.

The other areas would be paid areas.

If people did complain a lot (online or email) that the game "only does USA holidays," KI could legitimately ignore that in the free to play area because -- who can complain about something that is free?! But in the paid areas, now those are paying customers so...

Just for what it's worth, I always found those gripes about USA holiday celebrations annoying (I have seen the same thing in many game communities or other online communities), because if it's a USA company, what do people expect? If I played a game by a company in another land I would expect to experience their holidays and happily so.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Area51Alien on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:
I've always wondered why just Wizard City is the only world on the spiral that decorates for the holidays.

I mean, Marleybone would be a natural for snow and a Christmas Carol themed dungeon in December.

Brightly lit Wysteria would be a natural for an Easter themed quest (not to mention the rabbit guards probably know the Easter Bunny).

Yes darkening the skies of Wizard City for October and making the whole world look spookier would be nice.

Steven Ghoststalker
If you want the Christmas Carol themed dungeon, you can find it in Pirate101's Marleybone.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Calamity Finch on Oct 9, 2017 wrote:
If you want the Christmas Carol themed dungeon, you can find it in Pirate101's Marleybone.
Thank you.

My Pirate is currently on the last leg of Cool Ranch and I haven't made it that far yet.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
I totally agree with what you say. I love what KI does with the holidays like Christmas and Halloween, but they really need to update the decor. It just doesn't feel as lively as it once was. They're such awesome holidays, so we need to have awesome holiday settings! A change of scenery is much needed and I'd love to see the surroundings and imagery of Wizard101 turned into a festive winter or a bright, lovely autumn. Still, I wish we could have such nice decor. It would be great.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I agree, all the decorations around are nice, but it does feel really meh and it feels like they barely put in any effort at all. More decorations and touches to the world would be great.