Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lvl50_LOW Stats_How to strengthen my wizard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
I NEED HELP sorry for the long post, Please Read

I'm a level 50 Storm wizard.
I am as far as Dragonspyre.

My stats are all below 20%.
That's where I have any stats.
I see level 20 wizards with power stats in all slots and sometimes they're all at 45% and some at 100%
How?!

I'd like advice on how to get to the 50-100% stats in all categories I see on wizards I 'inspect' in game.
I don't bother people with questions and texting in game because they/we are busy.
I'd like advice on where to train shadow and other schools for example.

I have started to look into it in game and in online searches and forums, videos.
There is no one stated advice for all best choices. I read advice all over and follow it only to find doing something different would have saved my in game money, training points or time.

Here's what I have done:

I have soloed all levels (5 dungeons I was joined by random players).
I have focused on quests.
I have played as multiple wizards.
I have traded gear and treasure cards and pets among my different wizards on my account.

I have used my training points on 2 secondary schools
Death training up to Vampire in Death
Balance training up to multiple power shield
The side 'extra' trainings
No training in PvP
No training of my pets (2 babies, one teen)
No crafting
No socketing
No shadow or alternate training

* ADVICE I HAVE FOLLOWED
I have gotten higher power gear in the crown shop.
I have now started trying to train myself in PvP and my pets. I have caught up on crafting and have been making housing items and looking into my levels' gear.
I have started focusing on finding powerful jewels to craft or buy for socketing.
I need diamonds, fire flowers and blood moss to craft my Storm gear.
I bought a robe with improved stats instead of improved life.
I have been trained by Diego and received the improved 'critical' helmet.
I have started focusing on Gravulum training for arena tickets and crowns

MY STATS:
Damage : 14% Storm
Accuracy: 15%
Critical : 27%
Block :18 %
PowerPip: 56%
PvP Private 500
Pet Derby Private 340
Arena Tickets 25

MY GEAR:
Hat : lvl35_Pip 2% Shield 5%
Robe: lvl50_Accuracy 11% Block 18% Critical 27%
Shoes: lvl40_Accuracy 4%Shield 4%Strength 14% Storm Shield2%
Ring : lvl25_Pip3%Shield 29% _One socket (empty)
Athame: lvl25_Pip5%_4 sockets (empty)
Deck: lvl45_One socket(locked)
Pet: Teen,2 babies, 2 at 150 and one at 250 highest possible strength.no jewels
They have a dna strand with a number which I do not understand. Is it important for my wizard's power?

So, should I keep searching for my reagents and craft awesome jewels?
Get better accuracy ratings by continuing to PvP even if I lose?
Focus on powering my pets through training and snacks? Will this add their stats to my wizards abilities?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Okay, there's a lot here to answer!

First, I'm noticing you're level 50 and still wearing level 25-40 gear items. That's killing you. First thing you do is go to the Bazaar and upgrade all of that to level 50. Buy the best you can find.

Second, since you've begun crafting, I strongly urge you to start gardening. Go do the quest in Ravenwood (Life school) if you haven't done it yet. Ignore the seeds that drop from that quest. Instead, go fight the blue manders in the Krokosphinx. They drop Pink Dandelion seeds. Plant ONE at first. It will help you level up quickly in gardening xp. After you reach level 4 in gardening, plant Fickle Pickles. Between them and the Pink Dandelions, you'll have a steady inflow of rare reagents. (Plus treasure cards you can sell for gold.)

There's much more to gardening but this will get you started.

Third, do you mind doing tough dungeons? Go do Mt. Olympus in Aquila. It will give you powerful level 30 gear that will help fill in those missing stats. The Senator's set is not bad and drops freely, the Zeus is best. (In fact, the Zeus gear is better than typical level 50 gear!) You're probably going to need some help with this dungeon, so try the team-up or check back here or at Central for help. You'll have to run through several times to get all the gear, but every piece will strengthen your wizard's stats.

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-gear-guides/aquila-level-30-dropped-gear-guide-wizard101/

You'll also get a wand with a 10% damage boost just for completing the dungeon!

Looking ahead, crafted Wintertusk gear at level 56 is excellent; Waterworks dungeon gear at level 60 is considered the very best you can get until level 100.

And finally, do train up those pets and start hatching! Pets can really fill in the missing gaps and help our wizards out.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Looks like you did find gear in the bazaar, but the problem I see here is that you're focusing more on critical rating rather than normal damage.

Think about it this way, would you rather have a slight chance of hitting twice the normal damage or always hit at a high damage?

Get your pet up to adult and hatch with another storm pet, probably one with quadruple damage stats. THAT'S why you're seeing other level 50s with stats in the 50s.

Getting better gear in the crown shop isn't the best thing to do at your level, save the crowns for when you're level 110 when you'll use it longer.

It's probably a bit late for this now, but have you done Mount Olympus yet? The second to last boss drops the Sky Iron Hasta, which gives a power pip at the beginning of the battle and 10% universal damage.

Train death up until feint, you place a 70% trap on your opponent and a 30% trap on yourself. It's very useful when it comes to the higher bosses.

Once you're done with crafting, do Wintertusk and craft the level 56 gear in Sudrilund. That gear can last until Castle Darkmoor.

Good luck!

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
It seems to me that you’re using low level bazaar gear. If you’re able to, search through the bazaar and buy the best gear you can find. An even better option would be to farm Mount Olympus for the Zeus Gear, which is the best gear until the late 50’s. Senators Gear isn’t as good as Zeus, but it’s also pretty good. Another option would be to find as many friends as you can to help you. I had no idea how good Senator/Zeus Gear was when I was on my Death and went in with a bunch of random lower level gear, I know your struggle. I always needed lots of help from other people, so if you can find others to play with you, go for it.

Best of luck!
Thomas Wildstaff, 90
Nathan IceBringer, 28

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
In addition to the above, train Ice to Tower Shield as well.

Don't be too concerned into PvP. You don't need arena tickets to ascertain good gear. Apply the advice above to get solid gear.

It is this same thing you must apply to all your other wizards to stay ahead of the game. So, in summary,

Do:

• Start Gardening
  • Get into the habit of Pet Hatching
  • Avoid PvP for now
  • Run Mount Olympus Dungeon a couple times which can be accessed through Cyclops Lane.
  • Complete Side Quests (Especially Zeke's!)
  • Continue Crafting
  • Train Death up to Feint
  • Train Ice up to Tower Shield
  • Train the Sun Damage Enhancement Spells (Available in Celestia)
  • Train the two first Star School Spells (they'll come in handy).
  • Complete Wintertusk! (Very Important)
  • Have Fun! :D

Post if you've any more queries.

Best Of Luck!

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
Thanks everyone.

I am going to read these and research more and reply better.

I did start joining teams and got a higher level Olympus hat in battle.

I've added a 23% death defense jewel.
I think ill add the jewel that gives me centaur next because it does such high damage.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
thatgrumpypanda on Oct 4, 2017 wrote:
Looks like you did find gear in the bazaar, but the problem I see here is that you're focusing more on critical rating rather than normal damage.

Think about it this way, would you rather have a slight chance of hitting twice the normal damage or always hit at a high damage?

Get your pet up to adult and hatch with another storm pet, probably one with quadruple damage stats. THAT'S why you're seeing other level 50s with stats in the 50s.

Getting better gear in the crown shop isn't the best thing to do at your level, save the crowns for when you're level 110 when you'll use it longer.

It's probably a bit late for this now, but have you done Mount Olympus yet? The second to last boss drops the Sky Iron Hasta, which gives a power pip at the beginning of the battle and 10% universal damage.

Train death up until feint, you place a 70% trap on your opponent and a 30% trap on yourself. It's very useful when it comes to the higher bosses.

Once you're done with crafting, do Wintertusk and craft the level 56 gear in Sudrilund. That gear can last until Castle Darkmoor.

Good luck!

@thatgrumpypanda

Thanks !

Thanks for explaining the pets do give extra strength, etc. I thought so.

Also, thanks for the Feint suggestion.

I am so confused about training.
I finally took the advice to train all balance and death when there was the free training buy back but now I regret it.

Some people say I should save my training points for Celestia or Star spells?
I hear they give multiple strength or resistance for multiple rounds?

In PvP my opponents use Pierce, multiple strength or protection shields for multiple rounds...I guess partly this may be their powerful pets?

And thanks so much for the heads up now to start preparing to craft the good gear in Wintertusk.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
chocoluver18 on Oct 4, 2017 wrote:
It seems to me that you’re using low level bazaar gear. If you’re able to, search through the bazaar and buy the best gear you can find. An even better option would be to farm Mount Olympus for the Zeus Gear, which is the best gear until the late 50’s. Senators Gear isn’t as good as Zeus, but it’s also pretty good. Another option would be to find as many friends as you can to help you. I had no idea how good Senator/Zeus Gear was when I was on my Death and went in with a bunch of random lower level gear, I know your struggle. I always needed lots of help from other people, so if you can find others to play with you, go for it.

Best of luck!
Thomas Wildstaff, 90
Nathan IceBringer, 28
@chocoluver18

First of all, as a fellow "chocoluver" I recommend Lake Champlain chocolates.

Secondly, I just got finished battling the Zeus quest for the fourth time and got the zeus robe!
I may rest a bit for a while before going for more gear. Its a lengthy battle, even in a group!

I noticed I got the gear the time it was just myself and one other lower level wizard and we had to keep recouping and coming back during battle. It took a long time, at least 30 minutes.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE ADVICE

I will keep updating in hopes of helping someone in similar situation

Next, I investigate star and shadow spell training...

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Myrna Stormcloud on Oct 5, 2017 wrote:
@chocoluver18

First of all, as a fellow "chocoluver" I recommend Lake Champlain chocolates.

Secondly, I just got finished battling the Zeus quest for the fourth time and got the zeus robe!
I may rest a bit for a while before going for more gear. Its a lengthy battle, even in a group!

I noticed I got the gear the time it was just myself and one other lower level wizard and we had to keep recouping and coming back during battle. It took a long time, at least 30 minutes.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE ADVICE

I will keep updating in hopes of helping someone in similar situation

Next, I investigate star and shadow spell training...
Lol the chocoluver part was made by my sister when we were younger and messed around a lot, I would change it, I just don’t have the heart to after all these years of having the name. I will look into those chocolates, however.

Oh yeah, congrats on getting your gear and best of luck getting more in the future!

Thomas Wildstaff, 90
Nathan IceBringer, 28