Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

W101 on Linux?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2016
Hey W101 Team.

I'm just wondering if Wizard101 works on Linux, and if it doens't, will it ever work for Linux?

Regards
Arti

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Several years ago a player had success running Wizard101 on Linux using Ubuntu; however, this isn't supported.

The thead can be found here: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1256399&page=3&s=26f3c376db79c00a97e10009e77ad072

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
It can work on Linex still. The Wine emulator seems to do the job. Sometimes there are some graphics bugs where scenery pieces meet, particularly between Bartelby and the Gate to commons. It's like you can see the crack where the different sections of Ravenwood are pieced together, which from some angles becomes a large black wall. When the game isn't under a DDOS attack, it seems to work pretty well though.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2016
Dworgyn on Oct 3, 2017 wrote:
Several years ago a player had success running Wizard101 on Linux using Ubuntu; however, this isn't supported.

The thead can be found here: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1256399&page=3&s=26f3c376db79c00a97e10009e77ad072
Alright, thanks for this, will try it out!

Just a project of mine i guess.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2016
Calamity Finch on Oct 3, 2017 wrote:
It can work on Linex still. The Wine emulator seems to do the job. Sometimes there are some graphics bugs where scenery pieces meet, particularly between Bartelby and the Gate to commons. It's like you can see the crack where the different sections of Ravenwood are pieced together, which from some angles becomes a large black wall. When the game isn't under a DDOS attack, it seems to work pretty well though.
Well yeah, but rather try something new, so will do a project to make it work perfect on Linux, well it probably wont be so perfect, probably bugs, but i will share what i did and what i use to make W101 work on Linux.

If there would be bugs it would mostly be lag nothing more, maybe some weird graphical issues with text/fonts on backpack or Crown Shop, but nothing more, that i can promise.

Regards
Arti