Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-29-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizards! It’s Friday, so you know what that means, right? RIGHT! Let’s get on with it.

Today, let’s talk about questing. If you could take one quest and improve it, which quest would it be, and what would you do? For example – The Special in Celestia. I’m a Wizard, not a sandwich artist! Sheesh! Maybe someone else could help you out? Another example - Board to Death. Wouldn't it be cool if we could actually play chess during the quest? (I know some of you have definitely suggested this before in feedback posts!)

I’m sure you all can come up with some better suggestions, I can’t wait to hear them!

Have a fiery Friday everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Professor Falmea on Sep 29, 2017 wrote:
Hi Wizards! It’s Friday, so you know what that means, right? RIGHT! Let’s get on with it.

Today, let’s talk about questing. If you could take one quest and improve it, which quest would it be, and what would you do? For example – The Special in Celestia. I’m a Wizard, not a sandwich artist! Sheesh! Maybe someone else could help you out? Another example - Board to Death. Wouldn't it be cool if we could actually play chess during the quest? (I know some of you have definitely suggested this before in feedback posts!)

I’m sure you all can come up with some better suggestions, I can’t wait to hear them!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
I would change the crafting quest Ignus offers to become a Champion Crafter. All you do is just interact with stuff, while other crafting quests have you craft something to attain the next rank. I would change the quest so you actually have to craft something to become a Champion Crafter.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
Level 7 Fire School Quest- have actual pictures in the smoke in the dragons mouth cave similar to the auroricle in Mirage.

Delver
Nov 25, 2012

The lost pages events/BOX events: make new quest for the newer worlds with badges.
Halloween quests: Add new quest to add spice to Halloween.
Also, make a new quest for thanksgiving, it could be nice .
Remember, if we improve something, we need it to be useful and good, so players won't get bored of it too fast. עוד
People get bored of updates quicker than most of the people think. After maybe a month or 2 of a new world, most people are bored of it. Maybe packs would be better to update each year than to update quest lines.

Yours,
Arcanum's Lore and the wizards' community!

עוד people get bored of updates quicker than you think. After maybe a month or 2 of a new world, most people are bored of it.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2015
How about something to help us out. For example there are times that I play late at night. None of my friends are on and I need help. I will sit on Team up for hours at times. How about if your on Team up for a certain amount of time, you automatically get a minion to help you.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
The Quests in Dragonspyre. Some are a bit glitchy still....

Hero
May 02, 2009
I would change the quest where you fight 4 Feral Scarabs at once in Mirage (a mainline quest mind you) and remove half of them as that fight is super frustrating if you're fighting them solo.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I find it very strange that when you restore the residents of Bastion to their former selves, that everything is already under their control. It would make more sense if they were in the middle of a battle to drive the Umbra Legion out and reclaim their city. Perhaps Zaltana tells you that the Burrowers have been pushed back to the south side of the city, and you go through the door near Romo Nighteyes to help turn the tide.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010

I wish we could see physical movement in quests instead of the narrator saying it for everyone.

For example, "Headmaster Ambrose waves his wand over the book" - Why couldn't we just see that?

"Professor Drake shakes his head in frustration" - it would be nice to see that too!

This gives their character more of a personality!

Survivor
Oct 19, 2014
I think adding holiday dungeons fit for specific holidays would be great. Something like the Halloween ones but one for every holiday, We have the Halloween towers and the Bunny quest (Sorry I totally forgot the guys name) but as far as I know, we don't have much for any other Holiday. Something like a "Saving Christmas" ordeal or for St Patrick's day, Help save a leprechaun by finding his gold, just funny dungeon quests. I always enjoyed Halloween and such on wiz and I feel everyone else does too. Having as much as we have for Halloween but implemented towards Christmas, Thanksgiving, St Patrick's day, etc would be amazing.

Also in my world I would like to see these dungeons dropping some kind of armor you would only be able to get at that time, you would have to farm extensively for the items, but that's what makes the game fun in my opinion. The sheer enjoyment you get when getting that last piece of Waterworks gear, Malistaire gear is so satisfying knowing that all your work payed off and you are the best of the best in terms of stats, but in this case you would be the best of the best in terms of rarity and fashion.

Just some ideas to ping pong around, nothing to out of the ordinary here.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2011
i enjoy questing, but when i obtain a spell card like the epic card that adds 300 hp, oops let me rephrase that, it promises three hundred added hit points but only delivers two hundred, it makes me want to get home and garden, cool as questing by the way, and on that note, i would like to see all inside or outside spells and not just TCs to include water all, pollinate all, music all, magic all, and sunshine all, the pest control would need to be looked at later though. and after that, i would like very much to actually sit on one of my crafted chairs, or lie down in my bed, then i would like to go to the pavilion and hatch mounts, then i would like to go to the paint shop and color my creations as i see fit.
just a little rambling from a game fan.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
There are some things i would do to improve on in the crafting area and housing. It would be absolutely wild to be able to hatch a mount! On that note, be able to dye all pets and mounts any color you want. With our own personal housing, i do hours of questing and go home and think to myself, "i wish i could actually sit on the couch, sit in a chair to read a book, go over to the food and eat, as opposed to just looking at it sitting there begging me to partake lol, sit by the fire and roast marshmellows ... mmmm. Also, years ago. you had a contest which allowed players to create gear. Now from the winners, i saw some of the most awesome designs. Why were they never even put in the game? From what i saw, cause i also submitted one, those would have been great looking for higher level players . It would be nice if we could craft a weapon for both hands to be used like they do in Mirage. How about some facial hair ideas for the guys to buy in the crown shop when they reach a certain level to show experience? How about adding a pouch to the crafting we could carry around, with certain herbs that must be gathered that help with strength and fighting like the jewels do, even earrings. Just a few ideas to start. Thanks :)

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
In Wysteria I would definitely up the number of leaf drops from the Tree Men.

That fershlugging quest took my life wizard 4 days to complete.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Zoodles1978 on Sep 29, 2017 wrote:
How about something to help us out. For example there are times that I play late at night. None of my friends are on and I need help. I will sit on Team up for hours at times. How about if your on Team up for a certain amount of time, you automatically get a minion to help you.
I second that

Survivor
Aug 15, 2013
Some things I would change would be for us to stop fixing/ reparing everything like in celestia ( we are wizards not engineer's)
Another thing would be to add in some things that are more intractable or adding puzzles into the quests.
Lastly make the npc move more like Cyrus drake shaking his head in disappointment stuff like that.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Something else I would like changed is with the way quests update. For people who like to both read and listen to the story (myself being one of them) having the quest goals automatically updated can spoil what happens.

For example, in the dungeon Four Points (Aggrobah, Mirage) the main reason for being there is to negotiate a treaty between the three gangs, but since the quest goal updates to show "Defeat Loother Ray" as soon as you get close to everyone it immediately spoils the outcome of the talks in the sense that "oh one of them wants to have war rather than peace". If this were changed to only update after the dialogue has run its course then the outcome would be more of a surprise without fear of being spoiled due to the quest updating.

Basically just change it so that the quests only update after the player finishes with the dialogue rather than as soon as they get close to the NPCs.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
In the quest at Polaris where are have to dance for the Empress.. can we actually have a cute minigame for it, like the pet dancing game?

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I hear a lot of people complaining about it, so I'll speak on their behalf. Make it so that in order to complete the transcendent crafter quest in Azteca, make it so that to don't have to go to Mangrove Marsh first in order to get the actual quest to craft the Eagle War Shield.

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback, folks! We'll pass them onto the quest creation Wizards for review. A new topic shall be appearing in a jiffy! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea