Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 not working

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2013
I decided to start playing w101 after 4 months, it did not launch up. To exactly describe the meaning of "launch up" the prelauncher of the game showed up where i entered my username and password , after that it loads and says "download complete" then i press play and the pop up does not show up. I tried several times and the same thing happened. I downloaded and reinstalled several times and nothing seemed to be useful. Once it worked and now it has gone back to the bugging, i have paid membership and i dont wanna waste the days. Help me, if u can

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Hi. Can you give more information about the system you're using? Also, if you're on a PC, please try running the game launcher as an administrator to see if this helps.

Ultimately, your best course of action is to contact Customer Support to see if they can help diagnose the problem.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Survivor
Apr 17, 2013
Dworgyn on Sep 30, 2017 wrote:
Hi. Can you give more information about the system you're using? Also, if you're on a PC, please try running the game launcher as an administrator to see if this helps.

Ultimately, your best course of action is to contact Customer Support to see if they can help diagnose the problem.

Im right now using toshiba system. I tried running it as a administrator nothing proved to be useful, i have sent the problem through support kingsisle. But i have to mention it works if i restart my laptop 25-50 times, rarely i have luck with it. It happens for a wierd reason both in my laptop and PC. With hope for help

Survivor
Apr 17, 2013
Dworgyn on Sep 30, 2017 wrote:

The problem is not solved for almost 3 days now, i am not able to connect to my account completely. The support kingsisle is not even responding, my membership is not being used and waste. I would like a refund on my membership as neither u can solve the problem nor i can play.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Try emailing them again.

But to go out on a limb, try playing the game on a different computer.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
sriram1292003 on Oct 2, 2017 wrote:
The problem is not solved for almost 3 days now, i am not able to connect to my account completely. The support kingsisle is not even responding, my membership is not being used and waste. I would like a refund on my membership as neither u can solve the problem nor i can play.
I also run this game on TOSHIBA WIN10 [Upgrade].
What are your running on the Toshiba: WINS8, 8.1, 9, or 10?
If you have recently upgraded it to WINS10, then do this:
  1. Change to Administrator
  2. Right click the WIZARD101 icon
  3. Go to the PROPERTY on Wizard101 ICON or go directly into the .EXE file Property
  4. Change it to Run on an Earlier version of your DOS that you had b4 upgrading to WINS10
  5. Then reboot Computer
  6. After everything loads, double click on screen or single click if on your Taskbar, the WIZARD101 icon
  7. This should have it working correctly

Now if that fails to WORK, Contact CSR through Wizard101.com web site then go down to where it says "CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT" and keep going to where you enter your Info in the following manner:

1. Give them your Sign in Name ONLY [DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR PASSWORD]
  2. Make of your Computer, DOS and version, and your Net connections {i.e. Mine is Spectrum Broadband Cable 100/50 Mbps connections}
  3. Your Email address
  4. Then they will send you a Letter asking that you send them the Following and How to do it...

On #4 it's Critical you do this step for them to figure out what you are Missing in Drivers or Updates.

I hope this helps you all out!
Regards
William ThunderSword

Survivor
Apr 17, 2013
William ThunderSwo... on Oct 3, 2017 wrote:
I also run this game on TOSHIBA WIN10 [Upgrade].
What are your running on the Toshiba: WINS8, 8.1, 9, or 10?
If you have recently upgraded it to WINS10, then do this:
  1. Change to Administrator
  2. Right click the WIZARD101 icon
  3. Go to the PROPERTY on Wizard101 ICON or go directly into the .EXE file Property
  4. Change it to Run on an Earlier version of your DOS that you had b4 upgrading to WINS10
  5. Then reboot Computer
  6. After everything loads, double click on screen or single click if on your Taskbar, the WIZARD101 icon
  7. This should have it working correctly

Now if that fails to WORK, Contact CSR through Wizard101.com web site then go down to where it says "CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT" and keep going to where you enter your Info in the following manner:

1. Give them your Sign in Name ONLY [DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR PASSWORD]
  2. Make of your Computer, DOS and version, and your Net connections {i.e. Mine is Spectrum Broadband Cable 100/50 Mbps connections}
  3. Your Email address
  4. Then they will send you a Letter asking that you send them the Following and How to do it...

On #4 it's Critical you do this step for them to figure out what you are Missing in Drivers or Updates.

I hope this helps you all out!
Regards
William ThunderSword
Im running it on windows 7, its been 5 days since i registered my first complaint and they dont seem to be responding...

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
sriram1292003 on Oct 2, 2017 wrote:
Support has informed me they replied to the ticket this morning. Please check your email.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2013
Dworgyn on Oct 3, 2017 wrote:
Support has informed me they replied to the ticket this morning. Please check your email.
They have yet not mailed, i check in spam trash nothing there too. Please ensure . Im ready to offer any kind of support u need to fix this problem, but keep me informed please

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
sriram1292003 on Oct 4, 2017 wrote:
They have yet not mailed, i check in spam trash nothing there too. Please ensure . Im ready to offer any kind of support u need to fix this problem, but keep me informed please
For some reason the email associated with your account is rejecting or blocking our messages from Customer Support. They're resent a response and CC'd the email listed for the Master Account to see if that can reach you.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2013
Dworgyn on Oct 4, 2017 wrote:
For some reason the email associated with your account is rejecting or blocking our messages from Customer Support. They're resent a response and CC'd the email listed for the Master Account to see if that can reach you.
Okay i recieved my message, i sent them my reply. I am rdy to help in any way possible

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
Hello Past Few Days I have Tryed An tryed To Login To the W101 Account N it Doesnt Even Go To My Char It Starts From the App An Freezes wont let me click the PLay Botton Anyway I could Get some Help?

Survivor
Apr 17, 2013
Dworgyn on Oct 4, 2017 wrote:
Hello,im really sorry to inform the bug is still in my w101, i am not able to play. Kingsisle support has not given me a proper answer to the question i put forward nor is the message boards helping. Should i have to reboot the computer to make it work? Idk, help me by suggesting the appropriate ideas. Please take efforts and the necessary action to help my w101 start working again...

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
My daughter is a Pay as you go member. She is unable to post.

We tried playing together today and she was unable to log in. I have forwarded her the support e-mail. She last logged on about a week ago, before the latest update.

She is running Windows 7 on Custom built laptop with Intel Core I7, Central Time Zone, from Central Tennessee

After booting Wizards her screen briefly flashed an error message that she did not catch. All she was left with was a white screen and no wizards.

Steven GhostStalker

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
sriram1292003 on Oct 5, 2017 wrote:
Okay i recieved my message, i sent them my reply. I am rdy to help in any way possible
Hello,

Support has been trying to contact you, but we are unable to correspond to your yahoo email. Please contact support (support@kingsisle.com) from another email address that isn't Yahoo based, and reference your most recent customer Support ticket number.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2013
Dworgyn on Oct 24, 2017 wrote:
Hello,

Support has been trying to contact you, but we are unable to correspond to your yahoo email. Please contact support (support@kingsisle.com) from another email address that isn't Yahoo based, and reference your most recent customer Support ticket number.
Okay, im sorry for the inconvenenience, try my gmail account. sriram1292003@gmail.com, and thank u for responding, looking out for ur mail.