Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Holiday Pet Drops (Not In The Holidays)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2013
Okay, I've been struggling with this for a few days I hope somebody can help me. I want to try and farm for the Golden Goose pet from the 12 Days of the Spiral thing from Lord Nightshade. The thing is... it's not the holidays and it's a holiday pet. So my question is... can a player still get a rare holiday pet from a boss even if it's not the holiday? Someone please answer! I need to know, I don't want to farm him if I know it's impossible to get a certain holiday pet that is only found during that holiday.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I believe the holiday pets only drop during holiday events. In this case, the Golden Goose would only drop during the 12 Days of the Spiral or Christmas in July events. So you would probably be wasting your time to farm him now. Better to wait until around the 10th of December...

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Holiday Pet Drops and Gear a like are usually added to specific bosses only during that Holiday Time Frame.

So, you can't expect to for example, farm for the Christmas Elf from Lord Nightshade when we're far from the season. So too with the Golden Goose.

But, you can always try your luck by hatching with one!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
In short no, there are many drops that are holiday specific you will only see during that holiday from bosses!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2013
Thank- you for answering everyone. I really didn't know because I saw in different forums people saying they got it just randomly. But obviously they were wrong. Thank- you!