Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

OS High Sierra not Working with Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
Yesterday I updated my Mac from OS Yosemite to OS High Sierra. When I tried opening Wizard101 it gave me this message:
CrossOver is unable to initialize a critical component.

Failed to import cxutils module into Python. See console for errors.

The program will now exit.

I looked this issue up and I found a few other people on the forums had the same problem a while back with OS Yosemite. So I followed what they had said, to re-download the newest version of the game. I've re-downloaded it several times now and it is still giving me the same message as soon as I click on the Wizard101 application to open it. Does anyone know how to fix this or any ideas?

PS: I am not sure if there is a difference between High Sierra and Sierra, I just downloaded High Sierra because it was the only thing in the App Store for Mac Computer Updates.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Thank you for your report. We have an update coming soon to fix this issue.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
Dworgyn on Sep 29, 2017 wrote:
Thanks. Can't wait till I can play wiz again!!

Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
Survivor
Nov 03, 2016
This might be a hard question but when would the update come? In a week, a few days, a month?

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
I like foooooood on Sep 29, 2017 wrote:
This might be a hard question but when would the update come? In a week, a few days, a month?
It's hard to give an exact time, but we're shooting for sometime next week if things go well.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2013
any news on the fix

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
miloman2 on Oct 4, 2017 wrote:
any news on the fix
The fix should be in place as of this morning. Please attempt to log in and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Survivor
Sep 10, 2017
Hi,

It is still not working as of the morning of October 4th.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Still does not work for me. I removed the game file and downloaded again and I still get the same message.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Survivor
May 16, 2009
Dworgyn on Oct 4, 2017 wrote:
Hi all. Please see this follow on installation procedure you'll need to do if you were affected by this issue: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/wizard101-high-sierra-compatibility-issue-solved-8ad6a42b5ec2652f015ee97f132451e7?page=1
I did this and still it says, "crossover is unable to initialize a critical component. Failed to import cxutils module into python. See console for errors."

Survivor
May 08, 2009
I have done that about 3 or 4 times and still get the message.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
We've made one additional change to our website to make sure you're getting the latest version of the installer. Please try it one more time for us if you could: https://www.wizard101.com/game/download-mac

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Worked that time! thanks :)

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
Ummm, my computer just started showing the unable to initialize a critical component message om my Mac. Can you please fix that?

Sincerely,
A Wizard