Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you go on after training in armor breaker?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I've reached epic with another pet, who had dealer, proof and corn, and armor breaker trains in. My will (literally and figuratively) is broken, everything is maxed out and the pierce % is 3% - I know armor breaker is useless to myth, but to have it train in at epic, oh, woe is me!!

I have 20 maple moose and 12 bronze golems to go, but the first two trained in armor breaker!! Woe Is Me!! Could we possibly change the name of Armor Breaker to Useless Pierce? Then I wouldn't feel so bad.

How do I go on?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Next time you get a pet to ancient with the three talents you want, STOP training. Find another pet with three talents you want by ancient and hatch those two together. Keep doing that until the talent hopefully drops out of the pool, then start hatching for Epic and Mega.

Alternate option: go back to the original source pets where you got Armor Breaker and hatch those two together and, basically, start mixing from scratch. This time, weed out the bad talent first, before you start developing the other talents you do want.

Yes, this pet hatching business is soul-sucking madness. If it's any consolation, my Ice has a long line of gorgeous Owls that have four perfect talents yet kept spamming "Balance It" at Mega.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
Thanks, that's good advice, but it makes me wanna ask - Just because some talents train in, doesn't mean the ones that don't train in won't show up in future pets, right? I mean there are 10 talents, if you train in 3 certain ones, pircemonger could easily be in the other 7. Right?
What do you think about talents training in being 'sticky'? I've heard other wizards refer to sticky talents (like Balance It in your case). The parents of where I am now with my pets were trained to Mega and Ultra, and piercemonger was not in their trained talent pool.
So maybe going back to the originals would be a good idea.
aaaaaggggghhhh!