Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good Balance Pets

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Idk why, I've found good pets where I like the appearance, stats, and spells for all my other wizard except my balance wizard. Does anyone know of/have any particularly pleasing pets for higher level balance wizards for pvp and/or questing? And what traits would you recommend it have?

I've heard the harpy is good choice but I haven't had the pleasure of meeting one in game.

At the end of the day I'm not necessarily hunting for a balance based pet, or specific traits (traits can be fixed with time and hatching) just something that looks reasonably nice that overall gives good spells as it ages.

Thanks in advance! Any and all advise is greatly appreciated!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The Flying Squirrel is definitely the cutest Balance pet I've ever seen. It gives three Helping Hands spell by Mega.

The Harpy and Therizinisaurus are equivalent pets. They give Spirit or Elemental traps, respectively, at baby. At teen, the Harpy gives a Spirit Blast, similar to the Spectral Blast only it uses Myth, Life and Death. At Epic, the Harpy gives a Lycian Chimera, which hits all enemies with one random attack from either Life, Myth or Death. The Therinisaur gives a similar progression of spells, only they're element based rather than spirit based.

They have similar stats and nearly identical talent pools.

I got the Therizinisaurus as a random gift from visiting the Nomad's Camp and talking to the Dromel Merchant NPC. Wow, was I shocked to get a Crowns pet!! I also have a couple of Harpies laying around from farming the Sand Squid.

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Freshta on Sep 7, 2017 wrote:
The Flying Squirrel is definitely the cutest Balance pet I've ever seen. It gives three Helping Hands spell by Mega.

The Harpy and Therizinisaurus are equivalent pets. They give Spirit or Elemental traps, respectively, at baby. At teen, the Harpy gives a Spirit Blast, similar to the Spectral Blast only it uses Myth, Life and Death. At Epic, the Harpy gives a Lycian Chimera, which hits all enemies with one random attack from either Life, Myth or Death. The Therinisaur gives a similar progression of spells, only they're element based rather than spirit based.

They have similar stats and nearly identical talent pools.

I got the Therizinisaurus as a random gift from visiting the Nomad's Camp and talking to the Dromel Merchant NPC. Wow, was I shocked to get a Crowns pet!! I also have a couple of Harpies laying around from farming the Sand Squid.

Alia Misthaven
Ugh that sand squid, what an unpleasant fight that must have been.... last time I did the sand squid, it mopped the floor with our whole team three times...

I'm still curious about the harpy, I've been leaning back and forth. My brain knows its a good pet but my stylistic side says it clashes with my outfit, just kidding.

If you were willing to hatch I have a couple pets you might be interested in... I have the day off tomorrow (9/8/17) so I should be online around noon eastern time and I'll be online between 3 pm and 6 pm (also eastern time). If you're interested you can find me in the Falmea realm.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Three pm Eastern is my noon. I'll see if I can log in briefly at exactly noon my time, 3pm yours.

Alia Misthaven, level 120

Alia's better Harpy is an adult Harpy/Therizinosaurus mix with May Cast Spirit Blade and Spell Defy. (I haven't really developed this pet yet - this is just something to get you started.)

Her name is Miss Joey (64 pedigree) and her stats are
Strength 227
Intellect 240
Agility 240
Will 227
Power 225

There's also a pure Harpy with May Cast Spirit Blade and Powerful (+65 power).

As for the Sand Squid, that was a fine mess, LOL! It was just me and a Fire Friend farming that terrible creature.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
The Crystal Butterfly that comes with the Jewel Crafters Bundle is a great Balance pet.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i have quite a few nice balance pets that you're more than welcome to hatch with, if you'd like.

i have flying squirrels, therizinosaurs, and even an ice beast with balance talents (works out nicely, since my best in-game friend is an ice wizard too lol).

as i recall, that sand squid fight was just horrible; it's probably been nerfed a bit since my balance wizard first did it, but i do have a couple of harpies as a result; unfortunately for me, none of them got the talents i wanted, but oh well.

hope to see you in the spiral!

-von