Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Passing After 5 Turns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
I get very annoyed when people decide to join me in battle only to pass repeatedly so they get the xp and goodies a monster drops. I was playing a collecting quest when someone (Rachel BlueBreeze) joined my battle. I was okay with it because I'm generally fine with people joining me. She just passed repeatedly. I decided to wait and see if she was waiting for a strong spell but after about 5-6 turns of me just passing as I waited to see what she was going to do, I decided to kill the monster and leave. She followed me a bit but since I wasn't fighting anymore monsters, she left and joined someone else's battle. It was just generally annoying and it has happened a few times (with different people of course).

I suggest KI to add something that makes it so people can not pass after 5 turns in a row. I know there are some spells that cost a higher amount of pips, but generally people will use some sort of 0 costing spell in between, such as a shield. I hope you agree with my idea, and maybe tell me some of your own stories like this?

~ Iridian Ghoststalker

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
So, what if your hand is full of 8+ pip offschool TC hits that you have no mastery amulet for, and therefore can't cast anything when you're being forced to?

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Cornbreadeater on Sep 3, 2017 wrote:
I get very annoyed when people decide to join me in battle only to pass repeatedly so they get the xp and goodies a monster drops. I was playing a collecting quest when someone (Rachel BlueBreeze) joined my battle. I was okay with it because I'm generally fine with people joining me. She just passed repeatedly. I decided to wait and see if she was waiting for a strong spell but after about 5-6 turns of me just passing as I waited to see what she was going to do, I decided to kill the monster and leave. She followed me a bit but since I wasn't fighting anymore monsters, she left and joined someone else's battle. It was just generally annoying and it has happened a few times (with different people of course).

I suggest KI to add something that makes it so people can not pass after 5 turns in a row. I know there are some spells that cost a higher amount of pips, but generally people will use some sort of 0 costing spell in between, such as a shield. I hope you agree with my idea, and maybe tell me some of your own stories like this?

~ Iridian Ghoststalker
There are times when people don't pack 0 pip spells or they have blades up and would prefer not hit if they have all offensive spells in their deck. Depending on where you were in the world, it could mean different things for the person to pass 5-6 turns in the world. If someone were to do no work and steal a monster drop they would not join the battle and pass that amount of times, they would wait until the battle was nearly finished and then join. Also, that person was probably not stealing, it'd be quicker if they had moved, they probably had a disconnection or some other game issue.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Torpzun26 on Sep 4, 2017 wrote:
So, what if your hand is full of 8+ pip offschool TC hits that you have no mastery amulet for, and therefore can't cast anything when you're being forced to?
Sorry but when is this ever going to happen XD

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Sep 4, 2017 wrote:
Sorry but when is this ever going to happen XD
Done intentionally for the sake bypassing having to do anything because of a rule like the OP is suggesting.

Also, it's good practice to account for everything that can happen, no matter how silly or unlikely, just as long as it is possible.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I now have definite proof of why this passing rule should not happen. I was recently in a battle and ran out of hitting spells (of course the mob had only 12 health left). I asked someone near me to quickly join and finish the mob off but of course another one joined due to the timing of her join. So I was forced to pass until she was able to finish off the mob. This took about five rounds maybe a little more but that is something that needs to be taken into account for this idea.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2013
Cornbreadeater on Sep 3, 2017 wrote:

~ Iridian Ghoststalker
Remember that casting spells is what gets you xp so she didn't get any xp if she kept passing but I have to admit that is annoying.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2015
I'm sorry but that is a horrible idea. There are times when people have no choice but to pass, whether it be from having no spells or only having high pip summoning spells. Take my play style for example, I prefer to do single powerful hits over time rather then consecutive soft hits one after another so I fill my deck with powerful high pip summoning spells and of course that means I have to wait a few turns till I'm finally able to summon those spells. I know my play style is like a double ended sword but no one has had any problems with it and it most certainly works for me when I go solo. If that rule were to be added there is literally no way I'd be able to play anymore and I'm positive the same goes for many others.