Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Got hit with ANOTHER DDoS Attack?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 26, 2016
redeemer1 on Sep 4, 2017 wrote:
This is truly sad. I was just able, after years and more crowns than i can remember, finally fortunate enough to get the "infamous" jewel plant, just to have the opportunity to see them die now! what a waste! i just want to cry and punch something
There's only one scenario where your plants die in this situation.

There were points in between DDoS waves where people were able to get on but crashed ten minutes later. If you teleported to your gardening house, therefore triggering your plants' needs, and disconnected before finishing, THEN you're plants will die.

However, if you weren't able to get on, or got on and didn't teleport to your gardening house, your plants are safe. You have to be where the plants are to activate your needs, so if you're not there your plants will still progress normally.

Proof: My potatoes and EMPs were seedlings before the attacks, and after a day and a half of not getting on, I managed to log in at just the right time in between waves. Teleported to my barn to see that my plants not only survived but made it to mature.

Hope I relieved some worries

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 45
Mindy Rainflower 5

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
thatgrumpypanda on Sep 5, 2017 wrote:
There's only one scenario where your plants die in this situation.

There were points in between DDoS waves where people were able to get on but crashed ten minutes later. If you teleported to your gardening house, therefore triggering your plants' needs, and disconnected before finishing, THEN you're plants will die.

However, if you weren't able to get on, or got on and didn't teleport to your gardening house, your plants are safe. You have to be where the plants are to activate your needs, so if you're not there your plants will still progress normally.

Proof: My potatoes and EMPs were seedlings before the attacks, and after a day and a half of not getting on, I managed to log in at just the right time in between waves. Teleported to my barn to see that my plants not only survived but made it to mature.

Hope I relieved some worries

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 45
Mindy Rainflower 5
thanks for that :) that does relieve a lot of worrying to a point. i have gotten on before however and found my gardens wilting when they should have been to the point of almost harvesting.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2012
it's really a bad state when such popular nd family friendly site is attacked, and it also sad to see so many people wanting compensation for it. If your power goes out because a transformer went bad the electric company doesn't give you an extra day, So why would we expect it fro K I. I'm glad they jumped right on the problem to fix this and al
so happy for the extras they give us paying subscribers. Keep up the good work K I and thank you

Survivor
Oct 15, 2011
I for one was very relieved to find out that this problem was NOT me! I had been trying to log in, or would get shut down after only a couple of minutes playing for several days before the announcement. There have been other issues with my new computer so I assumed this was just another. No clue how many times the game was un-then-re installed to try to correct it.
I finally was able to log in yesterday morning and to my surprise not one of my plants were shriveled but ALIVE and some ready for harvest!
THANK YOU KI for doing what you can to fix this problem (kinda is your job ) but most especially for letting us KNOW that it was occurring!!!