Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Snow good talents for me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2010
I was trying to make a triple/double ice damage pet with a starburst spider since they have pain giver and ice dealer, but they manifested "Snow heal for you!" three times in a row when they hit teen... It's an epic ability therefore shouldn't it be rare?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Whether a talent is "epic" or not depends on how many first-generation pets actually have that talent to begin with, not how often the talent develops in a pet that has it. In the case of "Snow Heal," there are very few pets that have that talent. That's why it's 'epic.'

With some epic talents, the pet is guaranteed to develop it at teen. The White Winter Owl always gets Guardian Wall (may cast Tower Shield) at teen, for example. Then after that, any of the other 9 talents will develop randomly.

In order to get your spiders to develop their other talents, I'd suggest training all three to adult, then start hatching them together. You might still have to deal with the Snow Heal, but hopefully one of the babies will also develop one of the damage talents you're looking for when it hits adult.

If you can get Pain on one spider and Dealer on the other, then hatch those two adults together, you have a great chance of getting a spider with both talents developed by adult. (Or ancient at the latest. Never train any pet past ancient when you're first mixing talents - trust me!)

Another option is to get a different Ice pet that also has damage talents and cross-hatch it with one of your spiders.

Hatching and training is a very long, difficult and frustrating process. Here's a guide to help you avoid common mistakes:

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-pet-guides/perfect-pvp-pets-part-1/

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
May 18, 2010