Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
Hi Everyone! My name is RaptorKlaw AKA RaptorCry, and I am a fellow wizard wanting to share my ideas. Today I would like to discuss minions. As you should know I am a Myth wizard and I find minions a lovely addition to combat. Although I would like to mention that they can be a pain sometimes.
I have found that during combat I would summon a minion and then have all my traps be broken by a low mana/pip required spell. I find this to be very annoying, therefore I would like to suggest, could we possibly have a future update that allows us to control our minions, such as choose what spell they use and who they use it on. Any thoughts?

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Yes, the randomness of minions can be extremely annoying, but being able to control them might be a bit overpowered. I got this minion on my Death wiz a while back, and it was able to use things like Lord of Night and Deer Knight, two pretty powerful spells. If you could control whatever card the minion uses, you could end up spamming really powerful attacks or just buff your self insane amounts. You can also summon multiple minions, which would break it even more. It would make the game ridiculously easy. Besides, minions become useless pretty quickly, in fact, they make gameplay harder.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Minions can be truly annoying for just that reason. I would say that rather than control what your minion chooses to play in each round, you are given the chance to approve or disapprove the minion's play.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
Yes, Yes but there are ways we can allow there to be no overpowering.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
Actually I think that would be a bit overpowered, but I think myth deserves better minions since its supposed to specialize in that. Maybe increase their health or something because I feel like in the higher level worlds they die in a few rounds which makes them sort of a waste of pips.. at least if they didn't die so easily it would make up for the annoying things they sometimes do

Survivor
Nov 06, 2014
Well, I feel like there should be a special card you can use to enchant a minion so it can't use your traps. It would be kind of like a sun school spell.I have a sprite minion and she's really useful for heals but I hate it when she attacks and uses my traps. Hope this would be a new spell.
Rylee GoldLeaf

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
I would like to see minions become a little more controlled. One of the best way for that to happen would be that instead of letting us pick there spells would be to make a new user interface with the ability to pick from
  • Attack
  • Defend
  • Assist
Each would do different things based off each spelled picks.
Attack would let the minion pick a DAMAGE attack based on the number of pips and spells it has.
Defend would let the minion play HEALS, SHIELD WARDS (Absorptions) and GLOBAL Spells for both the minion and the wizard.
Assist would give the minion the right to play CHARMS and TRAP WARDS

I would also like for the system to be used on TC Minions, Non-PVP Minions and Monstrology Minions.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
This is my opinion on minions, for every school. They are useless and never work with a single strategy there is out there. Also, don't summon them when you are in worlds beyond Dragonspyre. I stopped summoning minions on my wizards when a realized how much of a waste of pips they were.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
frostednutella on Sep 4, 2017 wrote:
This is my opinion on minions, for every school. They are useless and never work with a single strategy there is out there. Also, don't summon them when you are in worlds beyond Dragonspyre. I stopped summoning minions on my wizards when a realized how much of a waste of pips they were.
I've found minions to be helpful a FEW times, but mostly they aren't that great...