Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Type Your Own Name

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Hi guys! It's been a while since I've been on Wizard101, but I'm back! :) Anyways, I thought that it'd be cool if we could type our own name for our wizard, rather than having to choose from what the game provides. I know that some people (such as myself) have not as common names, so that's one reason I think it'd be nice! Also, we could show our creativity. Of course, we wouldn't allow people to type whatever they please. It could be like the messageboards where it has to be approved. Let me know what you guys think! I'm glad to be back!

Katie Watergem (level 78)

Survivor
Nov 06, 2014
That's a great idea! There could be an option to create your own name or select one from the list. I think if you do choose to create your own name, you could select one from the list so wizards would know what to call you before your name arrives.
However I think there would be a few problems, like waiting too long for your name or wizards spamming random names, but that could maybe be sorted.
Anyway, I think that would be a really cool addition to the game!
Rylee GoldLeaf

Survivor
May 09, 2009
Yeah that would be cool but maybe they did it this way for a reason? You wouldn't want any random stalker knowing who you are would you? They would see your name and then try to search for you through many social media networks until they find you then Troll you. I think I like it this way when I actually think about it. This way I know Trolls won't find me or my family members. Besides, I love going through the names and picking out something I think sounds cute. (same with naming my pets LOL)

Alyssa Iceflower (ice level 64)
Sabrina Blueeyes (balance level 32)
Seirra Dreamheart (fire level 26)
Autumn Flower (life level 25)
Calamity Stormcloud (storm level 21)
Moira Nightshade (death level 19)

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
SnoogyAlyssa on Sep 1, 2017 wrote:
Yeah that would be cool but maybe they did it this way for a reason? You wouldn't want any random stalker knowing who you are would you? They would see your name and then try to search for you through many social media networks until they find you then Troll you. I think I like it this way when I actually think about it. This way I know Trolls won't find me or my family members. Besides, I love going through the names and picking out something I think sounds cute. (same with naming my pets LOL)

Alyssa Iceflower (ice level 64)
Sabrina Blueeyes (balance level 32)
Seirra Dreamheart (fire level 26)
Autumn Flower (life level 25)
Calamity Stormcloud (storm level 21)
Moira Nightshade (death level 19)
That's true, I didn't think about it that way. Thanks so much for your input!

Survivor
Jun 08, 2014
The main reason, I'm sure, they did this is to prevent inappropriate names. Not unless they blacklist some words I wouldn't approve of this :/

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
I do agree that that is a cool idea, but on the flip side, how will people get around the system and make names that are just rude, stupid, annoying etc. Yes, the team at Kingsisle are hard at work keeping people from doing it, but people and trollers are getting creative you know?

Jonathan Dragonblade (Level 100)

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
until you get people who makes their name inappropriate and gets this removed